Disney Films on TV

Started by Anthony, July 29, 2006, 12:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Post here any TV Alerts for Disney!  Whether it's a classic film, a documentary, or just a quick slot on a travel show... anything Disney! :wink:

Make sure you post the date, time, title, channel and country! :ears:

Anthony

The schools have closed, but there aren't *that* many films on.  These are the only 3 I could find in the next 2 weeks...

UK - Saturday 29th July 2006
Tron
BBC One - 2.05pm to 3.35pm
Sci-fi thriller in which a young computer genius is sucked into a master computer system and transported into another dimension while trying to hack into the system to prove his ideas for video games are being stolen. He and his henchman, the electronic warrior Tron, face many trials and finally have to battle for their lives with the computer itself.

UK - Sunday 20th July 2006
The Shaggy DA
BBC Two - 11.00am to 12.30pm
Some habits prove harder to break than others in this amiable, belated follow-up to Disney's 1959 hit, The Shaggy Dog. Following in the pawprints of Tommy Kirk (who played Wilby Daniels as a boy), lawyer Dean Jones finds himself turning into a pooch at the slightest provocation. Unfortunately, this peculiar canine condition occurs just as he's up for election as district attorney against the unscrupulous Keenan Wynn. Notable for a juicy scene involving some cherry pies and an ingenious breakout from the dog pound, this is one of those rare occasions when the sequel is superior to the original.

UK - Saturday 5th August 2006
Kiki's Delivery Service
Film4 - 4.45pm to 6.55pm
Not strictly Disney, but they did distribute it in the US and it's a nice film...
This endearing fantasy adventure from Japanese master-animator Hayao Miyazaki is given a quality Disney makeover in this English-language version. Kirsten Dunst lends her voice to the part of Kiki, the young witch who has to spend a year practicing her craft in a new town, and she's joined by a quality cast including Phil Hartman and Janeane Garofalo. It doesn't have the blackness of Miyazaki's eco-tales, but this subtle coming-of-age tale still exhibits his unmatched visuals - the detail of the flying scenes is delightful - and strong characters.

fly_with_me_dumbo

i keep looking on the travel channels and they aren't doing anything on dlrp, has anyone seen anything on travel channels

Maarten

NL - Sunday 13th August 2006
The Rocketeer
Talpa - 18.35 to 20.30

Testpiloot Cliff Secord vindt een rocketpack waarmee hij kan vliegen. Hij wil als Rocketeer de misdaad bestrijden, maar al snel heeft hij gangsters, nazi's en een gemaskerde kerel achter zich aan.

Anthony

I love that film! :D Shame it wasn't very successful, would have been perfect as the theme of Soarin'...

Kristof

BE - Sunday 13th August 2006
Mary Poppins
één - 14h

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"I love that film! :D Shame it wasn't very successful, would have been perfect as the theme of Soarin'...

I recorded the film because I couldn't watch it Sunday, so I watched it yesterday... and the film was quite good to be honest. Especially the soundtrack was great, although I already knew that.  :D

By the way, like you mentioned, the theme would be perfect for a Soarin' attraction in Production Courtyard/ Hollywood Studios. The movie is set in the 30s, and it has both a Hollywood and aviator theme.

fly_with_me_dumbo

on thompson  travel on sky they keep showing halloween @disneyland paris i think its thompson anyway.

The Butlin Boy

Next monday at 7pm on BBC1, "Holiday" which is about Haloween at DLRP :)

Anthony

Oh cool, thanks! :)

Kristof

Thanks for posting, will try to record it!.  8)

Anthony

What an awesome report!  They gave a good view on the Halloween events as well as showing a bit of the attractions, Hotel New York, LOTLK, and more.  The Laser Blast section was probably my favourite - not only was it *finally* a great tv advert for the ride, but they used that nice music from the opening ceremony and queue area...

Some - actually, most of the footage was even better than DLRP's own.  It all looked so colourful and pretty.  Maybe the BBC are worth their money afterall. :)

Edit: And I think the best thing, something which I've suddenly noticed this year, is that the media now says *Disneyland Resort Paris*.  Finally, after all these years, they've got it!

The Butlin Boy

Yeah, I agree, it advertised DLRP and halloween very well. :)

penfold12

Dam I missed it!! Any idea if its repeated at all?

Anthony

Doesn't seem to be repeated at all which is weird.  I thought most of their main programmes they repeated with sign language during the night...

I didn't tape it either, and even if I had I can't get it uploaded. :(