Annet's Trip Report: 12.03.10 till 14.03.10

Started by Annet, March 15, 2010, 08:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annet

I came back from our Disney weekend yesterday! I'm totally beat, cause of the rheumatics, but fortunately I have a Blackberry these days... So I wrote my day reports on my Blackberry while lying on the bed every evening :lol: But despite the pain, I (ofcourse) had a great weekend!

Friday 12.03.10

When my alarm went at 4.30u that morning, I thought: hell no, I want to sleep!!! But fortunately I remembered that I was gonna pick up my sister and her kids, so that woke me up! After a quiet trip, we arrived at DLP around 12h. We checked in, they gave us a room near the elevators (which I requested cause of the rheumatics) so we needn't walk far :)  

We got to the park at 13h and our first stop was getting autograph books for the kids. Right after that we ran into Gepetto and Tweedle Dum, so it was a good thing they had the books in time. Tweedle Dum came to my and totally messed up my hair and started picking my nose, which my nieces thought was absolutely disgusting :lol: Then Tweedle Dee showed up and made funny faces and bunny ears behind my sisters back, those two always make me laugh some way or another.

We then went through the Dragon's Cave to Fantasyland. My nieces don't like the dark en just when we passed the dragon it started to roar, which gave them a good scare :P The first ride we walked across was the Carroussel, so we went on it. I went along, cause I knew after the first day I wouldn't be able anymore to get on those large horses. After this ride we went to Pinnochio, which had a short queue. We then went for a spin on the Teacups, before we headed towards It's A Small World. Peter Pan ofcourse had an enormous queue, so we skipped that.

After Fantasyland we walked to Frontierland, where we went on Phantom Manor. My nieces thought it was pretty scary, hard to imagine what it was like to be that small and easily scared :P After this we got a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain, which was for half an hour later. We got a drink in the meanwhile and had to wait really long though due to some people who stood in the front to order and still had to decide what to get... After this we walked straight through on Big Thunder Mountain. My nieces both loved it, but my sister hates any kind of thrill ride and was glad when it was over.

We were heading back towards Fantasyland for the Once Upon A Dream Parade through Adventureland, so I decided to go and see if there was a long queue at Indiana Jones. There wasn't, so I went on it with my oldest niece who wanted to try a real roller coaster. I wanted her to test Indiana Jones first, cause it's one of the least thrilling (at least I think so). I figured if she disliked this one, we wouldn't have to try the other ones. The youngest one is still too small for most thrill rides, so she could keep my scared sister company. My niece loved the ride, so she decided instantly she wanted to try every roller coaster, lucky for me!

After this we went to Fantasyland to watch the parade, which was lovely as always. Only the princess float was out of order, so the princesses and their princes walked along in the parade. Belle was with her prince instead of the Beast. I thought it was because they had to walk and dance along, but the next day when the float was back in the parade there still was no Beast. I prefer the Beast over the prince :P After the parade we walked to Annette's where we had diner,always love the burgers there!

(The parade pictures are from both days, so there are different backgrounds :P )

After that we visited some shops in the Village, where the kids went crazy and wanted to buy a hundred and one things :P Which was the same for me actually, haha. After this we were all pretty tired, but we wanted to take a swim so we went to the hotel pool. It was pretty chilly and the jacuzzi didn't work, but with my nieces keeping me busy I stayed warm. After a while we went back towards our room,where we chatted and watched the Disney Channel for a while. Ready to rest for another long day...

Saturday 13.03.10

We got up for breakfast early, to avoid the crowd. Unfortunately for me my nieces and sister need loads of time in the morning, so we weren't as early as I'd hoped. Still it wasn't too crowded yes. The staff was working really hard though, a little too hard... As we were going for a refill of our drinks,they already had cleared our table with half our meals on it. So we had to go and get everything new.

We didn't finish as early as I'd hoped, but we arrived at the park at 9h and had a go at Buzz first. First time I got a score over 100.000 (I know, I suck...) and I couldn't capture the moment on picture cause the people before me wouldn't move over. We walked back to the stroller we rented for my youngest niece this morning, just to find out it was taken by someone else! The CM's told us it happened often, so while my sister and her youngest went for a new stroller, I took the oldest with me on Space Mountain. She absolutely loved it, it's nice to finally have someone in the family who shares my love for thrill rides.

Afterwards we headed to the Studios, where we first got fastpasses for the ToT and some autographs from Goofy and Pluto who happened to stand there. We wanted to ride the Flying Carpets once, but it was pretty crowded so we queued up for one of my favourite shows: Animagique! Afterwards we ran into Peter and Wendy, more autographs for the kids. We then grabbed a quick bite to eat while we waited for our turn on the ToT! My sister absolutely hated it when we got in line, but both kids wanted to do this ride so she didn't want to stay behind :P Though I'm still unable to keep my hands up in the air (reflexes...) I definitely love this ride. I've been on it 5 times now, same elevator and same seat so that's funny :) My sister ofcourse felt awfull afterwards, as did my youngest niece. The oldest has proven to be quite the daredevil though.

(Check out my sister hanging on to my little niece :lol: )

After the ToT we wanted to go see Playhouse Live, it was the french version though, so we went to see Stitch Live instead! Which I think is always a great little show, this time all the people Stitch picked were Dutch with typical Dutch names which Stitch found hard to pronounce. After this we went to get 2 fastpasses for the Rock 'n Rollercoaster, but first we had a drink at the Blockbuster Cafe and then we wanted to see Stars ' Cars. It was very crowded, people being very pushy and kicking against my crutches, so we headed to the section for invalids. We got in, but then the CM started complaining that I could only have one person with me. Cause they needed the space for a large group of handicapped people. The kids ofcourse both wanted to stay together, so we decided to leave altogether. So unfortunately I didn't get to see the show again, last time I was in the ToT with my fastpass. When we walked by the section again during the show we never saw that large group by the way, the place was almost empty...  

After we did some shopping, we went for our ride on the RnRC. Ofcourse just my oldest niece and me, the daredevils. Although my niece seriously doubted if she wanted to go on the ride when she saw it being launched... I promised her that was the scariest part of it, after the launch it's fun! Luckily she agreed with me afterwards and also found it one of the best thrill rides. We then headed back to the main park, where we strolled around Fantasyland and Adventureland before we searched a spot to watch the parade again.

To avoid rush hour we had an early diner at Plaza Gardens, which was actually better than I'd expected. After we had our stomachs filled we went back into the park. Unfortunately there were major queues everywhere we wanted to go, so we ended up doing some more Fantasyland attractions before heading back to the hotel. My youngest niece was very tired, so my sister took her back while I did some shopping and strolling around with my other niece. We both had trouble with the way back, cause of how tired we were, so we sang all the way to keep ourselves going. Which made other people look at us a lot, but we didn't care. We got back at the hotel slightly after 21h, one kid already asleep and the other one following very soon. One more day to go!

Sunday 14.03.10

We had breakfast at the other restaurant today, where my nieces were obsessed by the lobster tank. They were expecting the lobsters to start singing like in the Chaudfontaine commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_KBAM31Rvc :lol: ) Around 9h we went to the park again and hopped on the horse-drawn streetcars, which just arrived in front of us. We then headed to Fantasyland, where we did some rides.

We wanted to get Big Thunder Mountain fastpasses at 10h, but the machine was being closed. My nieces wanted to ride Phanom Manor again (by daylight, they didn't want to the other night). But since that didn't open till 11h, we went for a trip on the Mark Twain, which was nice and quiet. When we finally went on Phantom Manor after that, it slowed down a lot and stopped several times, which scared my nieces a little. It didn't bother me, since I could make some non-flash photo's and notice more details.

We saw that Jessie and Woody would be at Woody's Roundup, so after PM we went there for autographs. On our walk over there we saw that the fastpass machines at BTM were back in business, so we got some ofcourse. At Woody's Roundup we got an autograph and picture with Jessie pretty quick, but Woody was all over the place goofing around. Taking one kids hat or autograph book and giving it too another kid, grabbing all different kids together and posing for photo's. Very funny, but not very efficient :P

We got a bite to eat after that and then had a walk around Alice's Labyrinth. My nieces wanted to see the Sleeping Beauty show at the castle, so we went over there. Last time Aurora and Philippe signed autographs afterwards, but not today unfortunately. My niece was a little bummed, she loves Sleeping Beauty. We went for a last ride on It's A Small World, which is the favourite ride of all my nieces, wether they're 2 or 9 years old. Then we headed to Big Thunder Mountain with our fastpasses, which would be our last ride of the weekend. Knowing she wouldn't have to ride it again, my sister was a little more relieved, but she still didn't enjoy the ride :P

We ended the day with a little more shopping, I ended up buying a nice Mickey-jar with cookies. Though I had promised myself not to buy too much stuff... I have an oven-mitt, a christmas ornament, the cookie-jar, some coasters and postcards to put in a frame. And some chocolates for my parents (they always take care of my bunny when I'm gone :P ), and a bracelet and necklace for my other nieces. I think I'm already going to start saving up for my next trip... Which will be a 2 day trip in august, so fortunately I won't have to wait that long!

bensmum

sounds like you had a lovely time, great that you have al ittle friend to go on the scary rides with. Do you use the disabled pass for the rides as well, the queues can be huge and very tiring?

bigrossco

love your photos! sounds like you had a good time as well
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Aveen2008

Hi Annet,

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! :D

When I first read the title of this topic I thought it was someones report of Annettes diner hehe!  :P  :oops:

Your photos are great and it sounds like you had a really great time! I am glad you had someone to do the thrill rides with! I don't know how anyone (like me) who is afraid of thrill rides goes on the TOT - so  =D>  to your sister and younger niece hehe!! :P  :P

I have to say I was disgusted that you were not able to stay in the disabled area for the Stars n' cars parade, what way is that to treat people with extra needs :roll:  :roll: !! You should have been aloud to have the people who were with you in the cordened off area, I really feel annoyed about that for you!

I am glad you had a really good time though appart from that! :D  :D  :D  It makes me want to go now!:)
Luv Aveen xoxo

loladelorean

Thanks for posting your lovely trip report, seems like you and your family had a good time :) glad to hear the NPBC accomodated your request for a room near the lifts! You might recall me telling you about my mum and her back problems - but we found out it was only £60 extra to upgrade the 3 of us to Admirals Floor for all 5 nights of our trip so weve done that to make sure we are in the main building!
What did you think of the hotel? We have never stayed there before so im hungry for information lol.
Lovely photos and great details, I know its a good trip report because its making me reaaaallly wish i was there! only 7 months to go....argh!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

norhel

Like the report :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Aurora

HI Annet,
thanks for the report and the lovley pics. =D>
I`m glad you and your siblings had a great time!
I too, I like the Beast better then the prince with Belle. Is that gonna be that way in the future parades, that they have the prince up there instead of the Beast?
Aurora :)

dagobert

Thanks for your trip report!

I really enjoyed reading it and it looks like you had a great time at DLRP!

Annet

Quote from: "bensmum"sounds like you had a lovely time, great that you have al ittle friend to go on the scary rides with. Do you use the disabled pass for the rides as well, the queues can be huge and very tiring?

I actually don't have a disabled pass yet, I'm figuring out how to get one though. Standing in long queues really is tiring and painfull. I didn't know if my rheumatics are serious enough, cause for example getting a disabled person parking-card here at home is very hard, cause they seem to think I'm not handicapped enough... I hope it's easier at DLP, cause it would really save me a lot of energy.

Quote from: "loladelorean"Thanks for posting your lovely trip report, seems like you and your family had a good time :) glad to hear the NPBC accomodated your request for a room near the lifts! You might recall me telling you about my mum and her back problems - but we found out it was only £60 extra to upgrade the 3 of us to Admirals Floor for all 5 nights of our trip so weve done that to make sure we are in the main building!
What did you think of the hotel? We have never stayed there before so im hungry for information lol.
Lovely photos and great details, I know its a good trip report because its making me reaaaallly wish i was there! only 7 months to go....argh!

I do remember your post about that, great to hear that you've ensured yourself of a space in the main building!
I think Newport Bay Club is a really nice hotel, but it has more of a summer feeling to it. Like Sequoia is more for the cosy winters. The rooms weren't quite different from the other hotels, just another theme. I had hoped the beds would be bigger :P New York had a larger bed and a larger bathroom. Overall I did like it though, despite the fact that it's not summer. I like the sea theme, the fishtank by the restaurants for example, and the blue and white makes it look classy I think.

bensmum

I think that if you have any proof of disability such as letter from doctor ;

This is what they say on website

Documents required:
FRENCH NATIONALS: disability card, war disability card, difficulty standing card, disabled person's priority card, European disabled parking badge or medical certificate issued less than 3 months ago.
FOREIGNERS: European disabled parking badge or medical certificate in French or English issued less than 3 months ago and signed and stamped by the doctor, certifying the person's disability and stating whether or not they need to be accompanied by a third party in order to get around.

loladelorean

Quote from: "Annet"
Quote from: "loladelorean"Thanks for posting your lovely trip report, seems like you and your family had a good time :) glad to hear the NPBC accomodated your request for a room near the lifts! You might recall me telling you about my mum and her back problems - but we found out it was only £60 extra to upgrade the 3 of us to Admirals Floor for all 5 nights of our trip so weve done that to make sure we are in the main building!

I do remember your post about that, great to hear that you've ensured yourself of a space in the main building!
I think Newport Bay Club is a really nice hotel, but it has more of a summer feeling to it. Like Sequoia is more for the cosy winters. The rooms weren't quite different from the other hotels, just another theme. I had hoped the beds would be bigger :P New York had a larger bed and a larger bathroom. Overall I did like it though, despite the fact that it's not summer. I like the sea theme, the fishtank by the restaurants for example, and the blue and white makes it look classy I think.

I'm glad you liked the hotel, my mum is very excited because she loves everything nautical. We went to DLRP when we were kids, just after it opened, and my parents saved up for ages to stay at the Cheyenne for 10 nights (!) My dad told me the other day that when they walked round the lake my mum would say the newport bay was the loveliest hotel she had ever seen, and she wished she could stay there one day.
She was happy to stay anywhere this time that my sister and I wanted but now I know this wee story I'm really glad we are staying at her favourite hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, I am reading all the reviews of it that I can find (I'm just sad that way when I'm trip planning) so every positive review cheers me up.
We are going in November and I have heard in several places that NPBC is best in summer, but I don't mind too much. maybe we can try to feel summery even if the weather is horrible outside!
Thanks again for posting your great trip report
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Annet

Thanks for the information bensmum! Getting a medical statement from my doctor will be no problem.

I also read everything I can find when I'm trip planning, so I don't think you're sad loladelorean :P I hope you'll have a great trip, and a great time trip planning! :lol:

never2old

Great pictures and a great report, thanks! I particularly love your Phantom Manor pictures, rare to see good pictures of the ride!

It sounds like you guys had a great time, glad your niece turned out to be a little daredevil!

The Beast is replaced by the Prince, they have to make room for Tiana! I too prefer the Beast, I really missed him during the Parade last week...

Thank you for sharing your trip with us  :D

Annet

I've been doing some photoshopping for my photoalbum, just wanted to share some pages:

loladelorean

WOW annet i really love those!
I've never tried photoshopping, did those take long to do??
thanks for posting, beautiful :D
Disney Visits