Studios Birthday.....anything?

Started by squishy, February 20, 2010, 09:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squishy

Apparently we're going to be there for the birthday of WDS, do they celebrate this in anyway?  Would we know on the day in the park that it's the birthday if we didn't know beforehand?!!  TIA!!

JelleP

Their 10th birthday is in 2012, in the same year as the Disneyland Park's 20th anniversairy. So they will celebrate something, I guess...
However, the rumoured Ratatouille Darkride is planned for the same year, so I guess they'll celebrate it with that. ;)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

HildeKitten

I wouldn't count on a celebrations.
It was WDS's 5th the same year as it was the Disneyland Park's 15th and they ignored WDS.
It would have been more awesome if they had done a joint anniversary.

Let's hope they'll do better in 2012 :)

squishy

OK, good job I hadn't been getting excited about anything!!!    :D

Thanks though, handy to know (and guidebook was sure there would be something!)

HildeKitten

Well guidebook might end up being right, I'm just not getting my hopes up after them ignoring WDS turning 5.
They will have a lot of new attractions up in WDS in 2012 so they _may_ decide that a joint anniversary is good pr wise.  
Until we know details about the next anniversary we won't know though.

Anthony

The birthday of Walt Disney Studios is never celebrated.

Even on key anniversary years, it's going to forever be overshadowed by the wider resort/DL Park birthday. 5th to 15th, 10th to 20th... Though even the other resorts who don't have this overlap do little to nothing.

squishy

Hmm, worth a note then, to a certain guidebook, perhaps!?!?!  Thanks for the clarification

Anthony

Which guidebook is this? I feel like I've missed something here... :lol:

johnd331

QuoteThough even the other resorts who don't have this overlap do little to nothing.

I remember Animal Kingdom had some small scale 10th Anniversary ceremony at the least. And euh, the 5th Anniversary of DisneySea also didn't go unnoticed. They even had their own hit-single: Sea of Dreams.

squishy

Quote from: "Anthony"Which guidebook is this? I feel like I've missed something here... :lol:

Sorry, been away, it's in the Brits Guide 2008/2009, refers to both parks celebrating their birthdays in enchanting ways (I think that was the correct adjective!)