Space Mountain improvements!!

Started by Kristof, April 18, 2004, 09:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

When we rode it, this weekend, we noticed it was going much faster!  And they added more blacklights in the building, to enhance the meteors and the character near the moon.

Anthony

Well last week i *finally* went on it myself on my fourth visit to DLRP!  it took that long to pluck up enough courage!  My first ride was great, the ride was so amazing - more than i thought it would be!  I also thought i could see much more inside than i thought i would, so perhaps that's due to those extra blacklights you mentioned.  :D I think the only part of the ride i didn't like was the corkscrew which was very scary and quite uncomfortable really!

Anyway, i loved the ride so much i went straight back into the 5min long queue with my dad right after!  Unfortunately though this time we got in the FRONT SEAT!  Arg!  :shock: I was even more nervous than my first ride this time, and my second ride can only be sumed up in the following words: wooo! FUN!  arg! SCARY!  ow! UNCOMFORTABLE!  After the two rides my ears were very sore because of the bad headrests on the old trains, but i still love the ride, and actually much more than i thought i would!  Next time though, if i get put in the front seat i think i'll ask to sit somewhere else!  :wink:

Oh, and the day after my two Space Mountain rides i went on to ride Rock N Rollercoaster 3 times!!!  :D This might not seem like a big deal, but don't forget i only went on BTM on my 3rd visit, and i used to really hate rollercoasters! (or at least the thought of riding them!)  Personally i think Rock N Rollercoaster is definately the more "fun" ride, though Space Mountain has such a "wow" factor and much better themeing that i actually can't decide which i like better! :ears:

Kristof

The front seats and the last seats are sooooo cool  :thumb:

Libby

We always went at the back and occassionally at the front when we went this Christmas.  But yes it was definately going much much faster, though I can't really comment on any other improvements seeing as I had my eyes closed the whole time lol!  The building itself (where you queue) could do with a lot of work to it though, as could the trains, and i'd like the see the smoke back, so when you launch the smoke goes everywhere, ah that was fun lol
Libby
xxx

p.s on RnR the best places to sit is at the front and back too!

experiment627

At Space, I prefer the seats in the back - gives you more time to take the scenery in.

On RnR however, I prefer the front seat (not much scenery to look at) and it's a bit more of a surprise when you can't see the movement of the train in front of you...

Kristof

When you're sitting in the back seats of SM, and the train goes through the looping, the edges of the train get enhanced by the black light... Really cool.

lovevekoma

personally i think Rock n Rollercoaster is too predictable, the launch is fantastic, but after that the track is not that exciting, Space Mountain wins hands down on excitement for a coaster, and theming actually.

If you sit in the back right seat on Space Mountain you get a much rougher ride than other seats - fun! :D
Jaz

Kristof

Wow, I've found finally someone who has the same opinion!!  :D

lovevekoma

woohooo! *high five*
little did i know that last weeks trip to the moon was my last :(

Kristof

We're going to attend the "final flight event" on the 15th january.  Looking forward to hear what the Imagineer has to tell...  :)

PS. Did you already check out the Space Mountain skin for this forum?

Kris

How was the event? Some people say it was more about remembering the old and they forgot the new...  :roll:
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

Quote from: "Kris"How was the event? Some people say it was more about remembering the old and they forgot the new...  :roll:

I'm sorry, but what a bunch of idiots!  Didn't they read the title of the event?  "Goodbye Space Mountain.." "Last Chance Space Mountain", not "Mission 2 Preview".  :roll:

I would just like Raptor and Flor to know that I am incredibly, incredibly, jealous about the fact that they got to ride in the last seats of the last car in the last public train. Grrrr!!!!  :twisted:  :twisted: But thanks for the photos of the event!  :lol:

Kristof

Well Baloo, we just ran to SM when Fantillusion was done.  I was taking some pictures in the queing area (Blue Mining company machine etc.) when suddenly a CM asked me: You're going to ride the last SM???
So we went for the moontrains and were aible to get the last seats.  :D

About the event:
You know, there're always people who complain.  I enjoyed the evening and had a few laughs with the Imagineers and some of the videos.   :wink:
I hope that DLRP will organise more of these events!!!

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"a CM asked me: You're going to ride the last SM???
So we went for the moontrains and were aible to get the last seats.  :D

That is SO lucky!  :shock: You should have received an award or certificate at the end...  :lol:

Quote from: "raptor1982"I hope that DLRP will organise more of these events!!!

So do I, but hopefully not ones where we say goodbye to attractions!  I'm hoping for special preview events for all the new attractions for AP holders, since even if I won't be able to go it'll mean more photos, faster!  :wink:

Kris

DLRP could have made a big thing of the old SM closing, although I'm sure that it's best to spend time promoting the new one.

A certificate or something would have been very easy to do, but at least we can be thankful we knew this was closing. Le Vis just dissappeared!!!  :shock:
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!