Scenes that brought tears to our eyes

Started by Aveen2008, December 06, 2009, 06:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Hi guys

I think there are so many emotionally powerful moments in Disney movies! But which ones brought tears to your eyes or did you actually cry at? If you can even name 3 each that would be interesting to see. Mine would be

1. Mufasa's death- Lion King
2. When Stitch almost dies- in Lilo and Stitch 2
3. When Todds owner leaves him in the forest to be in the wild/ When copper saves todd from being shot - fox and the hound!

wow I could cry thinking about those scenes hehe they are brilliant!! =D> Theres more I cry at too hehe!
Luv Aveen xoxo

loladelorean

1. The very beginning of Oliver and Company when he's the last kitten in the box
2. The bit where Carl is looking at the photo album in Up
3. Quasimodo getting pelted with tomatoes in Hunchback of Notre Dame

I know these are all a bit random, but I think they are the most heart wrenching Disney moments!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Aveen2008

Quote from: "loladelorean"1. The very beginning of Oliver and Company when he's the last kitten in the box
2. The bit where Carl is looking at the photo album in Up
3. Quasimodo getting pelted with tomatoes in Hunchback of Notre Dame

I know these are all a bit random, but I think they are the most heart wrenching Disney moments!

awww the one with oliver is a heart breaking scene I agree the other two were brilliant too! =D>
Luv Aveen xoxo

loladelorean

Quote from: "Aveen2008"awww the one with oliver is a heart breaking scene I agree the other two were brilliant too! =D>

I couldn't watch Oliver when I was wee because this bit upset me so much! I didn't see the whole film until a couple of years ago lol, I'm finally strong enough to handle it but it still brings a tear to the eye.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

bensmum

saw UP twice and cried on both occaisions at the same point - the photo album, and when she died and at the very end. maybe I just cry a lot :lol:  :oops:

davewasbaloo

These are great. I would add in no particular order:

Snow White, when the 7 dwarfs are all crying over Snow White laying lifeless

Bambi, when his mother is shot and he realises he won't be seeing her.

The Baby Mine sequence in Dumbo

When the beast is laying dead in Belle's arms and she proclaims her love for him.

Mufasa's death is a definate, every time.

The opening of Tarzan, when his parents are killed

In Brother Bear when all the spirits are united

In Finding Nemo, when MArlin's family is obliterated

And oh so many more....
since 2001 (many before that)

Masamune

1. The Baby Mine sequence in Dumbo
2. Mufasa's death in The Lion King
3. The death of Bambi's mother and Bambi's reaction in Bambi

Those are my top 3. The Baby Mine bit upsets me so much that even if I just think about it for too long I start to cry. :cry: It's just so sad.

Anthony

Death scenes don't tend to make me cry, not sure why.

But don't think I'm some emotionless robot, it's the happy scenes that really get me. Or moments when the music, animation, everything just comes together and it's all too perfect.

Most recently that's the moment in Up where Carl is looking through the book of adventures, "Stuff we're going to do", sighs because they didn't get chance, then sees that it's all been filled in... *sniff*

In Ratatouille, the scene where Remy is told to "go up and look around" and then he emerges on the rooftop with that stunning view - he'd been right under Paris all the time. Amazing.

Aveen2008

Some very powerful emotional scenes

I agree with baby mine and bambi's mothers death ...tearful moments

Anthony... sometimes happy moments can be really emotional too I agree....

like when simba walks to the top of pride rock and roars to signal his place as king- brilliant moment!! Makes you feel pride or something I think!

:D
Luv Aveen xoxo

luke85

1) The moment Belle and the Beast start to dance in the ballroom, I think it's the music more than anything that gets to me! Also when he's dying at the end :(

2) When Snow White is in her glass coffin, and Grumpy is sobbing, I find it sad even thinking about it!

3) When King Triton comes out of the water says goodbye to Ariel at her wedding, showing that he finally wishes her well.

There are loads more I could think of, but I just got quite upset thinking about these moments, and I don't want to turn into a crying mess!

Aveen2008

Quote from: "luke85"1) The moment Belle and the Beast start to dance in the ballroom, I think it's the music more than anything that gets to me! Also when he's dying at the end :(

2) When Snow White is in her glass coffin, and Grumpy is sobbing, I find it sad even thinking about it!

3) When King Triton comes out of the water says goodbye to Ariel at her wedding, showing that he finally wishes her well.

There are loads more I could think of, but I just got quite upset thinking about these moments, and I don't want to turn into a crying mess!

Aw that King Triton moment is very touching I think too!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:( I was horrified by what happened to Ariel's mum. That was a big tear-jerker for me, despite the fact that I only watched it on YouTube! Haven't even seen the full film!

luke85

Quote from: "Masamune" :( I was horrified by what happened to Ariel's mum. That was a big tear-jerker for me, despite the fact that I only watched it on YouTube! Haven't even seen the full film!

What happens to Ariel's Mum? She's not mentioned once in the film...

loladelorean

Quote from: "Masamune" :( I was horrified by what happened to Ariel's mum. That was a big tear-jerker for me, despite the fact that I only watched it on YouTube! Haven't even seen the full film!
I'm intrigued by this as well...? Is it in one of the sequels? :S think i've only seen the original and little mermaid 2
Disney Visits

Aveen2008

It must be in the "in the begining" film is it? I haven't seen that yet lol.

I think it's tearful in monsters inc when sulley has to say goodbye to boo and even at the end when he goes to see her again and he opens the door and you hear her go "kitty!"  *sniffles*
Luv Aveen xoxo