Post your best pic of... Space Mountain: Mission 2

Started by Magic M, November 29, 2009, 09:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic M

Hey guys,

I was bored and thought I spread some more feel-good vibes by starting a "Best Picture" competition.

Round One is pictures of DLRP's legendary ride - Space Mountain: Mission 2.

Here's my effort - can you beat it?

Smoke, recoil, closing bay door, ahh... bliss...

Magic M

-breeno-

I'm beaten, but here's the best i can find (aka from 2009's photos);

I don't know just think it has a bit of a hollywood effect, looming from the trees :P

Remember though SM was closed for nearly every day i was there so i had a bit of a disadvantage [/excuse]
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

bigrossco

here we go my best photo!

BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

littlemissdisney

Here's mine.

Magic M

Its funny, it never really dawned on my before how much the whole Mountain looked like a U.F.O.!

Interesting little side note - I've just watched the Colin Baker "Doctor Who" series called "Trial of a Time Lord" and it mentioned that Mr Baker opened a indoor-rollercoaster at the Blackpool Pleasure Beach called "Space Mountain".  I can only remember it being called "Space Invader" - did Disney force them to change the name?

Disneyland Paris Treasures

A deserted Discoveryland at -13°C:

luke85

Quote from: "Nicolai"A deserted Discoveryland at -13°C:

This is a great picture!

DLP-Photos.com

Great pictures everyone - here are my two best shots:

Daylight:

At night:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Aveen2008

wow great pictures guys! I love it at night but dont have a good picture of it at night myself... heres probably the best two I have but definately not as good as other peoples....

I thing it looks like a big mushroom here...

Luv Aveen xoxo

peterpanfan1953

Here are my two best:

Day:

Night:

Clicking on the pictures will take you to their flickr pages... where you can see larger versions and I have lots of other DLP (and WDW and Disneyland) pictures there :)
\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust

Annet

Wow, that sky on your day picture is amazing, almost looks photoshopped!
All the other pics are great too, very nice and I don't even like the usual sight of Space Mountain :lol:

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Annet"Wow, that sky on your day picture is amazing, almost looks photoshopped!...
That's because it is. It is called HDR (High dynamic range imaging) and is a very popular effect these days: HDR at Google Images

never2old

I think these are my favourites:

By day:

And by night:

peterpanfan1953

Yes, my picture is HDR :)  Although I try to make them look more "real" than most HDRs look.  I LOVE DLP's Space Mountain... I think it is tied with Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant as my favorite photography subject across all of the Disney parks I have been to.  Some great pictures here :)
\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust

HildeKitten