The Year of a Million Dreams campaign

Started by Dlrpfan, June 10, 2006, 09:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlrpfan

this looks intrsting (from dlrp.fr)

Whereas the festivities organized at the time of the 50ème birthday of Disneyland Resort in California come to a end, the new communication campaign of Walt Disney Parks and Resort was announced yesterday by Jay Rasulo, its president, in New York. More Happiest Celebration one Earth, therefore. This year will be the year The Year of has Dreams Million.

This countryside will begin on October 1, 2006 and will last one year and it will relate to at the same time Walt Disney Wolrd Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Resort Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disney Vacation Club, and the voyages Adventures by Disney. It will announce one year full with innovations and events, as well as the advent of a new technology allowing to the visitors American parks to personalize their experiment.

The first of the large surprises will be the creation of a royal room in the Castle of Cinderella with Disney World and of a penthouse Mickey (an apartment on a terrace located at Disneyland Hotel, which one will be able to see at the same time the Park Disneyland and Disney' S California Adventure) in California. These two innovations will be finished from here January 2007. What is exceptional, it is that each day, gaining them of a contest reserved to the American families will be able to spend the night in these places. Who never dreamed to sleep in the castle of one of Magic Kingdom in the world? The lucky ones will be able to benefit from a night sight usually reserved for the Fairy Small bell. Even if the contest is reserved to the American residents, click here to go in the page of the contest

Note that the royal room in construction in the Castle of Florida was envisaged in the beginning to be an apartment intended for Walt Disney and its family. Its brutal disappearance made that the project had been given up, until today.

The press conference organized for the advertisement of this new countryside was the occasion to reveal or confirm certain projects which will be carried out during this Year of the Million Dreams. Thus once again the attraction Nemo Submarine Voyage was confirmed of which you can regularly follow the projection of work here in our part on the American parks. In more of this Californian attraction two other innovations based on the World of Némo in Florida will open: The Seas with Nemo & Friends located in the house Seas Living room, which will be renamed for the occasion, in Epcot, and Finding Nemo - The Musical with Kingdom Animal. The attraction ofEpcot will take again the system of an old attraction of this same house, Sea Cabs, which uses the same principle of vehicles as in Phantom Manor or than in Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast to transport the visitors in the world of the underwater funds, and close to the giant aquariums which the house contains. The musical one ofKingdom Animal will be as for him, as you know it, a puppet show in black light, as in Animagique in Paris.

What is a little more interesting, it is which were confirmed two attractions about which we intend to speak since one moment, without official confirmation. It acts of Rockin' Space Mountain, which will open finally in spring 2007 in California, and of The Laugh Floor Comedy Club which will open in Magic Kingdom de Walt Disney World at the beginning of 2007. This last attraction replaces late Timekeeper which was the version floridienne of our Visionarium and which closed its doors last year after long months of partial operation. This attraction, based on the universe of Monsters, Inc., on the same system as it dark-wrinkle of Disney' S California Adventure will not be based but will be an interactive meeting with the characters of film, as in Turtle Talk With Crush or Stitch Encounter which will open in September in Hong-Kong Disneyland. In a room provided with steps, the visitors will be able to thus settle in front of a giant pane (in fact a screen) behind which they will see Monstropolis and be able in turn to discuss with the characters this universe. This last will be recreated and animated entirely in synthesized images, an actor acting on line on the characters at the time of their discussions with the public.

To know some more and to start to dream of this news Year of has Dreams Million, return on the official site MyDisneyParks.com.

It is regretted all the same that the press conference of June 7 was announced as an event which would change the face of the Disney parks in the world, to find itself finally opposite a simple news operation marketing. Fortunately that the confirmations of new attractions are there to comfort us, even if we did not learn anything again.

More at http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=648
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Never trust online translators! lol

Here's an article from Mickey News:

From an overnight stay inside Cinderella Castle to a Golden FASTPASS, dreams big and small will come true at Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts during Disney's "Year of a Million Dreams," a first-of-its-kind celebration of the individual dreams of Disney Parks guests.

The year-long celebration, beginning Oct. 1, 2006, at Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, will feature the debut of an incredible lineup of new attractions and entertainment at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts, plus new technologies that allow guests to customize their Disney park experience.

And, for the first time, during the "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration, Disney cast members will award a million dreams -- both large and small, including many "money-can't-buy" experiences -- to guests selected through a random process as part of a unique "Disney Dreams Giveaway" promotion.

"Throughout this incredible celebration, special dreams and unique experiences once thought impossible will be awarded by our cast every day," said Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. "Disney parks are always the place where dreams come true -- but even more so during the 'Year of a Million Dreams.' "

The "impossible" includes the creation of over-the-top, overnight experiences for winning guests at both East and West Coast resorts: a royal bedchamber inside Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World Resort and a Mickey Mouse Penthouse at Disneyland Resort, both expected to be complete by January 2007.

A day of royal treatment will end with a night of enchantment inside Cinderella Castle for a different lucky guest each night.

Cinderella's royal bedchamber, now under construction at Magic Kingdom, will allow Disney guests to stay overnight inside the park and enjoy a view shared only by Tinker Bell. The lavishly decorated bedroom will be located in a space originally planned as an in-park apartment for the use of the Disney family.

And for a lucky Disneyland guest, each night, the all-new Mickey Mouse Penthouse at Disneyland Hotel will pour on the Mickey charm and include magical views overlooking both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks. The extraordinary penthouse will be decorated in all things Mickey, with finishing touches by none other than Minnie Mouse herself.

In addition, during the year-long celebration, other Disney dreams both large and small will be awarded in the "Disney Dreams Giveaway" promotion, such as:

Traveling to each Disney resort around the world to serve as grand marshal in a Disney parade.

A variety of unique Disney vacation experiences.

Admission to special parties and other extraordinary experiences in the Disneyland and Walt Disney World parks.

Private meetings with favorite Disney characters.

Or, a Golden FASTPASS ticket with unique access entitlements to some of Disney's most popular attractions.

New Attractions and Entertainment Planned for the "Year of a Million Dreams"

Throughout the "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration, Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts will debut major new attractions:

Disneyland Resort in California

• Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage -- Inspired by Disney- Pixar's "Finding Nemo," this all-new E-ticket adventure will take guests on a real (and unbelievable) underwater excursion. (Summer 2007)

• Rockin' Space Mountain -- Space Mountain is getting a new twist. Thanks to new lighting and technology, Disney's classic attraction will become a new experience in which rockets will rock it through the greatest concert in the universe. An all-new soundtrack will fit the exciting twists and turns of Disney's rocket classic. (Spring 2007)

Walt Disney World Resort in Florida

• "The Seas with Nemo & Friends" at Epcot -- Nemo is lost -- again -- and guests aboard "clam-mobiles" join his friends to search one of the world's largest saltwater aquariums for the playful clownfish in a stunning display of new entertainment technology inspired by Disney-Pixar's "Finding Nemo." (Late 2006)

• "Finding Nemo-The Musical" at Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Also inspired by Disney-Pixar's "Finding Nemo," the Great Barrier Reef comes to colorful life in an all-new musical filled with spectacular scenery, elaborate puppetry and music by a Tony-Award-winning composer. (Late 2006)

• The Laugh Floor Comedy Club at Magic Kingdom -- Guests find the power of laughter in an engaging and interactive new adventure inspired by Disney-Pixar's "Monsters, Inc." as they match wits with the one-eyed hero Mike Wazowski and his friends. (Early 2007)

Additionally, special entertainment and programs will be in place at the parks and resorts to accommodate the desires and wishes of would-be Disney Princesses, pirates, adventurers and space explorers. Guests will be able to customize their visit to a Disney park to pursue the "Dream Track" of their choice with on-line planning tools and in-park technology to help them become the hero or princess they've always dreamed of being.

For more information about the "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration and the "Disney Dreams Giveaway" promotion, visit http://www.mydisneyparks.com. Look for future announcements with the details of the "Disney Dreams Giveaway" promotion. No purchase necessary and subject to promotion official rules which will be available on Oct. 1, 2006. Odds of winning any prize will depend on the number of eligible entries. Void where prohibited.

http://www.mickeynews.com/News/DisplayP ... _696Dreams

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What are everyone's views on this "year of a million dreams" campaign?  It's interesting how similar in theme it is to DLRP's "believe in your dreams".  I wonder if DLRP knew about this campaign when they launched theirs?

I'm trying to hold back my opinions on this to give other people a chance, but I have to say that "Disney Parks" logo is AWFUL.  Very tacky, and they should never use the Walt Disney Script font for anything other than "Walt" or "Disney".  It also doesn't make sense rebranding "Disney Destinations" as "Disney Parks" because Disney Cruise and Adventures By Disney aren't actually parks... duh...  Plus it seems to clash with the whole past 10 years that Disney have been trying to tell us they have "resorts" rather than just "parks".

Dlrpfan

Thats what i thought about beleive in your dreams. Im not sure about haveing it so soon after HCOE - there needs to be a break between them. Im also not sure abot SM having 2 referbs in the last 2 years. Anyway it to mension the monorail lol  :evil: the more magic the better though
Dan

Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

The Butlin Boy

LOL, I think that they should change the name of this to "The Year to Find Nemo!" because they are opening:
-Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
-The Seas with Nemo & Friends
-Finding Nemo-The Musical
-Crush's Turtle Twister
All within 1 year! :D

Anthony

I know, it's crazy!!  The best (worst) part is - two of those are in the same resort!  :roll:

To be honest this campaign seems... strange.  I can't really understand what they're trying to advertise.  Are they advertising the new rides?  The chance to win one of the "dreams"?  Or maybe just the parks in general?  I know for sure people won't book a trip to WDW just because they might have a 1 in a million chance to spend the night in the castle...

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"To be honest this campaign seems... strange.  I can't really understand what they're trying to advertise.  Are they advertising the new rides?  The chance to win one of the "dreams"?  Or maybe just the parks in general?

Not at all: I think they're trying to personalize the guest experience - and this campaign is right targeted at that.
Today, customers are not looking for the "mass experience". They like to be individual and have tons of options at their disposal. Now theme parks do have the some kind of image of you being treated like cattle - and now Disney is saying it's interested in *your* dreams.

(The idea of creating a schedule for your visit at home? Brilliant! I wonder why it took them so long... with the sensors for Pal Mickey in place, at least at WDW they should not have too many problems in offering each guest an individual experience...)

Kristof

They're going to have a really cool commercial:

http://www.wdwnews.com/ViewVideo.aspx?VideoID=104083

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"They're going to have a really cool commercial:

http://www.wdwnews.com/ViewVideo.aspx?VideoID=104083
Oooooooo ok, now I LOVE this campaign!!  :lol: That's even better than the 50th advert with the characters heading to Disneyland, despite the dodgy CGI on the kid riding the elephant...  :wink: Not sure I like the music either, but the concept is starting to grow on me.  I just don't like the fact they're trying to create an event out of nothing, I'm worried the public will see straight through it and get bored of the US parks having year-long celebrations every single year (WDW being by far the worse offender).

experiment627

What a sweet commercial! (Though I have to wonder: did Disney cut a special deal with Kelsey Grammer? Like "Narrate three commercials, get the fourth one for free?"  :wink: )

Dlrpfan

wow what a cool advert im realy looking fawerd to this
Dan

The Butlin Boy

Both WDW and Disneyland have opened a website each to tell us about what is happening in the year of a million dreams:

WDW :arrow: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdwi/e ... andingPage
Disneyland :arrow: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyl ... andingPage

Anthony

Thanks for the links! The fact that both those pages are rather empty and uninteresting says something about this campaign...

The DLR one is best though, and I like the year of a million dreams logo (except for the random star arrangement and awful awful "disney parks".

Maarten

Does anyone know if this Year of Million Dreams will be at Disneyland Resort Paris too? One of the press releases says it is a global celebration while the other says it will only be held at the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World. I don't really think Disneyland Resort Paris needs this campain, because of it's 15th Anniversary... it would be a bit to much I guess, although I don't really expect the Year of Million Dreams to be that huge...  :roll:

Kristof

No, it's just Disneyland and Walt Disney World!  But I think they'll use footage from the trailers here.

Dlrpfan

new news! disney destinations.com website has been updated!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disney ... n_US/index

it includes the advert video and info about the celebration all in a very cool layout!
Dan