Extra Magic Hours at the Studios in Nov/Dec 2009!

Started by winniepooh1208, October 27, 2009, 10:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winniepooh1208

I've heard that there are EMH planed for the Studios. The plan is, to open both parks for the EMH at 8 a.m. and for regular guests at 9 a.m.. This should start in december 2009. So that's what I've heard.

Does anyone know more about it?

winniepooh1208

RockNRoller

Would be good if they did,  love Crush and TOT hate the big q's
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

countingstars

this could be a great idea even if i'm not really an "extreme"-attractions-in-early-mornings supporter :D

Aurora

I`d like to have EMH in the Studios, but still open the parks at ten.
Aurora

davewasbaloo

I really am glad they are now going to offer EMH in WDSP, but I would really love this to be at night to enjoy the excellent lighting.
since 2001 (many before that)

Disneyland Paris Treasures

It is now published on the offical site (here):

QuoteNEW
Walt Disney Studios will be exceptionnally opened at 8am for Extra Magic Hours on November 28th and 29th, and on December 5th, 6th, 12th and 13th, 2009.
[/size]

I hope they decide to keep them but I wished they would return to the 8:00 - 10:00, at least for Disneyland Park, and not 8:00 - 9:00. Of course I'd also rather see the evening magic hours for many reasons, but I doubt we will see those return any time soon, they are just too expensive.

dagobert

I think it's a good idea to open both parks earlier for Disney Hotel guests, although it would be nice, if Disney will use the EMH after the parks closed to normal visitors.

The parks look so good with all the lightning. In 2006 there were still EMH in the evening, so why did Disney stop it? In WDW there are EMH in the morning in the evening.

They changed to early extra hours because the evening extra hours are much more expensive. The few people they let in in the morning are easily controlled by just a few extra Cast Members they need for that. That is all the extra cost needed for those, a couple of Cast members who need to come a bit earlier to work than they would usually.

For the evening hours they need much, much more cast Members because there are many more people already in the park that need to be "controlled", and - maybe even more a factor - the park does its major maintenance and cleaning work after park closure and night time work is expensive! With evening extra hours those workers can only start much later and I am pretty sure they will be more expensive!

It is a shame because the evening hours should be much more enjoyable (no need to get up so early, great atmosphere of the park by night etc.) ... but then the evening hours probably would also be more crowded and I have to admit I have no problem getting up so early and I really enjoy having the park almost to myself at 8:00 in the morning. That's why it worries me if the park should decide to shorten those to just one hour from 8:00 - 9:00 :(

dagobert

Nicolai, thanks a lot for explaining!!

Anthony

Excellent news about EMH + WDS confirmation!

I assume it'll be the "ride" based attractions opened early... definitely Tower of Terror and Crush's Coaster, then perhaps Cars, Flying Carpets, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?

Maybe Studio Tram Tour...? Anyone.....? :lol:

davewasbaloo

My understanding from a well placed source is the following will be open:

Crush
Carpets
ToT
RNRC

I questioned why not Cars as well, but that is not in the plan.
since 2001 (many before that)

Edit: Dave beat me to the reply but as I am already finished writing it I post it anyway... :D

I could imagine they'll only open two lands, like they do at Disneyland Park. So probably Hollywood Boulevard and Toon Studios. So the attraction list could indeed be:

Tower of Terror and Studio Tram Tour and Crush's Coaster and Flying Carpets, maybe Cars.

But Rock 'n' Roller Coaster would mean opening Backlot??

Anthony

Thanks Dave. I'd have chosen Cars over the Carpets but oh well.

Of course, this does all mean that any "normal" visitors arriving after 9am have absolutely no chance of riding Crush with a reasonable wait... But maybe it depends how many people choose to do EMH at the Studios rather than Disneyland.

Quote from: "Nicolai"But Rock 'n' Roller Coaster would mean opening Backlot??
I suppose opening two lands at DLP is equivalent to opening the whole of WDS anyway. :wink:

never2old

I'm going there for the weekend of the 28th November... Wonder how the Tower feels at 8am... Can't think of a better way to wake up!!

Willow

Ooh, yay, Crush's Coaster will have an hour queue even earlier than usual....