Aveen2008's September 21st-26th Trip report! Day 4* updated!

Started by Aveen2008, September 30, 2009, 01:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Day 4,

After covering mainstreet, fantasyland, discoveryland and the studios, I thoughts it would be good to have a look around frontierland and adventureland today! :D

On our way to frontierland/Adventureland we walked up main street USA and seen the mouse himself with very few people in the queue so thought we would go over and say hello! After all, it all started with a mouse!!...

Mum being the tigger stalker she is wanted to see minnies party train to see if she could meet tigger again as she was plied with a new tigger t-shirt aka mine!! :P ..I gave in....

the scrum was not pretty and an english man was giving off about it loudly to a cast member about the lack of order! :shock:

It was nice to see Rabbit in the park but i didn't want to fight to get a picture so just took one of him...

It was then on to..

were I spotted the first signs of halloween and i must admit i really liked it!!... :D  :D ..

It was now near lunchtime and mum needed something to keep her going. We hadn't ate in Frontierland before but after checking a few menus we went to..

the food was good and the atmosphere was great with a live band :D ...

our next stop was a ride on the molly brown but we couldn't resist some halloween fun....

The molly brown trip was nice and relaxing...

then it was time for another first for mum.....

yes i got her on phantom manor and she even agreed it wasn't scary afterwards!She thinks peter pans flight is more scary hehe!

I also took my first boothill trip!..

Next it was a walk through Adventureland....coming asap..
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

Day 4 continued,,Adventureland!

Even though i wasn't trying to meet characters they somehow found me! Just as we were walking through adventureland we saw, captain hook, mr smee, goofy and chip and dale come out for a random meet and greet. I decided only as there was no scrum, to use the oportunity....

my first chipmunk picture!! :P

of course the ship photo....

there was lovely ducks around adventure Isle, I just had to photograph them, they are sooooo cute!!...

I think they really like getting their picture taken! this one even posed :o.....

another must take pic..

To be honest i wanted to do the treehouse but our feet where killing us! So instead it was back to our most visited ride of the trip.....buzz...

It was now mid afternoon and we were peckish so decided to head to the bakery but came across mmp along the way and we decided to stand and watch...well i stood and took photos....
donald...

At the bakery I came across another bad mooded CM. The girl that served me had a face like thunder and misery put together, then as my luck would have it, as she was about to serve me a guy came up asking for his pastry to be replaced as he didn't believe it was fresh...this put her in even worse form. when serving me she was abrupt, no smile, no please or thank you. Normally these things don't bother me but when the person works for disney it does! :(

The next stop was at the Disneyland hotel lobby for meet and greet - this was the only meet and greet i had planned in advance and i only like it as it is quiet!

mum got another photo with tigger!! I dont think she could ever have enough but this time so did I....

next was eeyore who pulled me in for a photo..

then pluto..

and minnie....

we both got our pictures taken with these characters and stood back to let kids go first, i wasn't going to join in the pushing and shoving!

we wanted to go to the rainforest cafe for our meal this evening (another first) but it was too early so we headed back into disneyland park and decided to catch the parade for the first time on this trip...but not before catching some more great window displays...
simba..

dumbo..

sorry i didnt take photos of the parade, just small film clips!

will finish day 4 tomorrow...including the rainforest cafe experience!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Annet

Haha your mother's slight 'obsession' with Tigger really makes me laugh :P
Another great report so far!!! :D

Masamune

:lol: Best. Photo. EVER.

Seriously, that picture just tickles me! The DLRP ducks are the best in the world!

Simbasgirl

hey Aveen..loving these piccies!!!..the duck one with the boat is funny!!!! ooooober awesome haha!!! Also loving your T-shirts....!!!!! :D/
8th visit to the magic coming very soon x

bigrossco

even more great photos! looks like you had a great time!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

DLP-Photos.com

You must have had a wonderful time - you look so happy on every one of your great photos! :)

I'm sorry that you had some bad experiences with some of staff though :(
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

15yearsofMagic2008

Nice pics Aveen ! Sorry to ask Aveen , but where are you from ?Ireland? :wink:  :wink:
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Javey74

Another enjoyable read, the photo's summed this one up, can't really explain why, they just did..  :mrgreen:

I also get the feeling that those ducks really do like posing, Donald once told me that they like stealing abit of the limelight when he isn't around you know..  :lol:  :D

Thanks again for sharing you and your mums antics, or should I say your mums Tigger antics, even though you got roped into it all in the end..  :lol:

I now await for once with anticipation on your next instalment..  :mrgreen:

Aveen2008

after watching the parade it was approx 6pm and we had decided before going to dlp this time that we wanted to experience the Rainforest cafe!

I thought it was lovely when I went in, I love the aqurium archway...

we only had to wait 5 minutes for our seat, we were seated right beside the gorillas...

a few other photos of inside Rainforest Cafe...

I have to say the service was great time wise..very quick!

I cannot remember the exact names of the food and I'm sorry i didn't take photos of it. mum got a steak and I got a burger and chips etc. Mum found her meat quite tough and in general wasn't overly impressed with it or the cheese cake dessert. I liked my meal and dessert(same) however part of my burger was pink inside and when I asked was it ok they changed it for me. like most ppl say about the rainforest cafe it is a little steep price wise esp when you add on the tip. I was happy enough with my meal but I don't think I would rush back.

I did love the atmosphere inside, the thunder, lightening and animals are great! Although one little boy didn't think so as he was trying to shoot the gorilla with his toy rifal and sounding very violent! His dad was encouraging it too! :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  I thought it was kind of inappropriate! :?  The father even left the son standing there and said "come back to the table when you're finished shooting the gorilla!) :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  Very green peace! :roll:

Then a family sat beside us with a little boy who was petrified no matter what the family did to try and reassure him the monkeys weren't real. another family with children had to keep comforting their kids during the thunderstorm - so my advice if you have children, make sure they are old enough and not going to be scared before going here!! :D

We headed back to our hotel as we were both really tired! but not before a gorgeous ice cream at the ben and jerrys stand! yum! a perfect way to end a day at disneyland!

Day 5 coming asap! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

I've only ever eaten at a Rainforest Cafe once in my life, and that was in Mexico. :D It was great, but I couldn't believe how much my mum had to pay for it. So yeah, no way we would ever eat at the DLRP one. Just can't afford it. :lol:

Clarebelle

Quotehowever part of my burger was pink inside and when

Thats because its a proper burger, made from real meat! not processed garbage they sell in mac donalds and other fatty, greasy fast food places. Also it will be served medium rare unless you tell them to cook it otherwise.

You will get burgers like this in all of the good restaurants in DLP, Walts, the Steakhouse, even the Hard Rock Cafe in Paris serve it like that. Theres nothing wrong with the food, some people even brave their steak blue :shock:  I prefer mine burnt.

If you didnt enjoy it i would not recommend to you to try steak tartare  :lol: [/color]
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Clarebelle"

Thats because its a proper burger, made from real meat! not processed garbage they sell in mac donalds and other fatty, greasy fast food places. Also it will be served medium rare unless you tell them to cook it otherwise.

You will get burgers like this in all of the good restaurants in DLP, Walts, the Steakhouse, even the Hard Rock Cafe in Paris serve it like that. Theres nothing wrong with the food, some people even brave their steak blue :shock:  I prefer mine burnt.

If you didnt enjoy it i would not recommend to you to try steak tartare  :lol: [/color]

Lol. It's true - you Brits seem to love to cremate your food. It's a standing joke in our house. My wife (British) now prefers meat cooked in a more American/European way -  pink, but my mother in law cremates meat, veg, everything. She ruins the food IMHO. Anyway, when we order at DLP I do so in French and when I ask for the meat medium or rare I say "Vie le Francais, ne le Anglais pas" They laugh, because often they will give instructions to the chef whether someone is English, French etc. and it dictates how much they cook the meat. Lol.
since 2001 (many before that)

em

I am really enjoing this trip report and the photo with the duck is brilliant! :D  It made me laugh when I saw it. :lol:
Explorers Hotel - October 2003
Santa Fe - November 2007
Sequoia Lodge - November 2008
Sequoia Lodge - November 2009
Sequoia Lodge - November 2010
Sequoia Lodge - November 2012
Walt Disney World - March 2016

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Clarebelle"

Thing was I knew this but my mum wasn't sure, I only asked them was it ok to eat (girl serving, they either didn't understand or something and changed it anyway. I did ask for it to be very well done though in the first place and the rest of the burger was except one corner. It's not what would stop me from going again though I just think it's over priced...but never say never!

I love the duck photo too I only noticed when I got home, it's so funny! thanks to everyone for the great comments. I am going to get onlto day 5 now!
Luv Aveen xoxo