New Disney Store Cardiff

Started by Owain, September 16, 2009, 08:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

New Cardiff Store Opening
Shopping Centre Opening 22 October 2009

Ill explain the info then my views on the subject  :)

I cannot find any online confirmation, but its been known for a while cardiff will be getting a new disney store at the new st davids 2 shopping centre.

(Found some confirmation then ! //http://www.stdavids2.com/Template08.asp?pageid=123)

I dont know how well known this development is around the U.K ?
But its huge to Cardiff/South Wales !

Here's some info;

QuoteSt. David's Centre, and the whole of the southern end of Cardiff city centre's shopping area, is being regenerated as part of the St David's 2 development.

St. David's 2 is a £675m extension of the centre, and has seen a large part of Cardiff's south city centre demolished, this included Oxford Arcade, St. David's Link, which included the Central Library, the NCP Tredegar Street multi-storey car park, Wales National Ice Rink, much of Bridge Street, which included the NCP Bridge Street multi-storey car park and Toys "R" Us (who relocated to Cardiff International Sports Village)

St. David's 2 will add an extra 967,500 sq ft (89,880 m2) of retail space to the city centre, in addition to the 260,000 sq ft (24,000 m2) John Lewis department store, 9 other large stores, and a further 90 smaller shops in a two-tiered shopping mall will be built. It will also create 3,000 car parking spaces, new bars and restaurants plus the new 55,000 sq ft (5,100 m2) Central Library and 4,500 permanent jobs. The development will include 2 new arcades; Grand Arcade and Hayes Arcade. The whole development is scheduled to open in autumn 2009. WalesOnline announced that John Lewis Cardiff, the largest outside London will be opening on the 24 September 2009.

More info on St Davids 2: //http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._David's_Centre

Cardiff already has a very large disney store, but as of tuesday i was told the store is moving from its shop in Queens Arcade into St Davids 2. With the closing of the Queens Arcade store. No news yet how big it will be or the style of the store, but im guessing from the post of the latest Disney store openings it will be the same design.

Im gutted to be honest. Anyone who has read/saw my topic on the cardiff store will know it is very retro and unique, would be sad to see it go.

//http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5270

kiki_304

What will they do with all the cool Disney characters that are in the walls around the shop.  And all the cool Disney stuff that you see in store when you look up.  I love showing my kids all of them!

I truly hope they follow the same cool interior and exterior welcome to the store that we have all come to know and look forward to seeing each time we visit!

Please let it be just as great as the one they already have.

dagobert

Last week my girlfriend and I have been on vacation in Scotland. There we visited the Disney Stores in Edinburgh and Glasgow, but I was not impressed by these stores.

So I really hope for Cardiff that the new store will not be a disappointment.

During my time in the US the regular Disney Stores, at that time they weren't operated by Disney, looked better than the shops in Scotland.