How come Ireland does not get the same offers as uk?

Started by carrydee38, November 13, 2009, 11:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carrydee38

When checking the disneyland paris website.  I have noticed as a Irish customer we do not get the same offers as the UK?  Was checking website yesterday and the UK prices are up for the coming year up as far as November 2010 and yet on Irish page ...nope we only get up as far as April??  Bit disaapointed that we dont seem to be considered as much as UK...I know the UK can getter there quicker and cheaper on eurostar etc...what do you think any one else think this is bit unfair

andrewuk

Because you went into the Euro. The pound is worth much less than it was a year or so ago, so without the offers it would be much more expensive for us to go.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

carrydee38

Well most of Europe is in the Euro zone its only uk that isnt ....thats not what I was saying I was saying how come the website and offers are not as good for Ireland...as in meals for free for longer or how come we cant book as early as the english website...just find it annoying that is not the same for everyone

Timbo

I just think every country has its own specific offers and pricing,Swedish offers maybe completely different to Germany etc . Probally relates to the guest attendance for each country as well.By the way , Eurostar is only great if you live in Southern England !! I live in the North and it is no benefit to me whatsoever !! :(

never2old

Yes, you have very different offers in each country. In Luxembourg we hardly get any. I've actually booked some times using a French address just to be able to get a better detail (at the suggestion of the lovely CM on the phone, I may add....)

ightenhill

Quote from: "Timbo", Eurostar is only great if you live in Southern England !! I live in the North and it is no benefit to me whatsoever !! :(

Thats no longer true; you can now book it from Leeds (Kings Cross and St Pancras have a connecting 20yd tunnel so the old days of having to get across to Waterloo have long gone)  with included fares for practically £10 more p/p if you look.. Only prob is you have to change at Lille as you can't connect in time to the direct train..But so what it saves a £100 pound taxi fare from CDG and by the time you take into account airport check in times and claiming your baggage still manages to be quicker than flying.. (Leeds to Kings Cross is 2 hours, the same amount of time an airline expects me to check in and sit around at there convenience)
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

carrydee38

I suppose ...mind you just looking at the website other nite they seem to have extended some of the offers...so who knows what the summer will bring.  Would love to use the eurostar its seems great...just have to wait for them to connect across the irish sea....lol like that is going happen

Timbo

Quote from: "ightenhill"
Quote from: "Timbo", Eurostar is only great if you live in Southern England !! I live in the North and it is no benefit to me whatsoever !! :(

Thats no longer true; you can now book it from Leeds (Kings Cross and St Pancras have a connecting 20yd tunnel so the old days of having to get across to Waterloo have long gone)  with included fares for practically £10 more p/p if you look.. Only prob is you have to change at Lille as you can't connect in time to the direct train..But so what it saves a £100 pound taxi fare from CDG and by the time you take into account airport check in times and claiming your baggage still manages to be quicker than flying.. (Leeds to Kings Cross is 2 hours, the same amount of time an airline expects me to check in and sit around at there convenience)
I will have to look into this again , as I only live 10mins from Manchester Airport it is so quick to fly, and the connections to the Disneyland Eurostar train in London never seemed to be that convenient,with not a huge price difference either ! I will have to do a bit more research for our next trip !

carrydee38

ya i have found that booking direct with disney and gettin flights online has worked out much better...was thinking about booking ryan air now that there is a vea bus that connects from beauvais to disney...transfers not to bad as flights with ryan air are 60e for two people where as aer lingus are 200e and well forget about air france which are totally of the scale...has any one done the transfer from beavais to disney and how long did it take??/

DLPLonny

It seems like it is the same like in Germany.We don't get any offers like the UK, but some clever people book a trip with an uk offer from Germany  =D>

carrydee38

really have you any idea how they did that?  When you ring the resort they ask you if your Irish (ie where your ringing from?)...so if you have any ideas let us know...and now I dont feel so bad that we dont get the great offers...mayb we should get a petition going to get good offers if there looking for business as if reading other things on the forum looks like business is down....

DLPLonny

I know it from this German Forum: Link

I think you can ask something in English, there are some members who can speak English (like me :D)

mommy2ash

i would say irish customers are treated much better than some other european countries. we generally get offered the same deals but just a bit later. they seem to open them up to the uk first. this has been the case since i booked my first trip 18 months ago.
Santa Fe Oct 08
Santa Fe Feb 09
Santa Fe/Sequioa Lodge Nov 09

seanmartina

Well i am from Northern Ireland, close to the border with the republic, and i know first hand the difference the euro/pound can make, we are nearlly 30-40% lower than 2 years ago, the offers are made up to make up for this difference.