DLR | Captain EO to Return to Disneyland in 2010?

Started by CentralPlazaPerson, August 30, 2009, 04:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralPlazaPerson

Soap

Great, great news! Just loved every piece of it! Hopes it will come back to Paris one day... :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Willow

I'd rather a brand new 3D film was created instead of temporarily replacing a past-it 3D film with another past-it 3D film.

Snow_White_Girl

Yay!!  :D/ I saw this at Disneyland years ago and I'm so excited they're bringing it back! I so hope I can afford California next year now!!  [-o<  :D/

\":lamp:\"

Anthony

Latest on Captain EO returning: http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al120109a.htm

Particularly interesting:
QuoteWhat has also come online in the meantime is the plan to return Captain EO to the Epcot version of the Imagination Institute as well, which is just one part of the larger Kodak pavilion in that Florida park. And the latest wrinkle is that the Oriental Land Company also wants in on the retro-fun and is looking to replace their current MicroAdventure! attraction at Tokyo Disneyland with Captain EO in 2010.
So it looks like, surprise surprise, Paris doesn't want in.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"So it looks like, surprise surprise, Paris doesn't want in.

Sigh!  :cry:  :evil:  ](*,) :roll:

-breeno-

I'm quite surprised this will actually happen.  I know it's been rumoured for a long time now but i really didn't think it would actually go ahead, is replacing an already dead 3D show with an older one really wise?

How long will the return be?  I'm guessing it's not going to be a pernament feature?
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "-breeno-"I'm quite surprised this will actually happen.  I know it's been rumoured for a long time now but i really didn't think it would actually go ahead, is replacing an already dead 3D show with an older one really wise?

How long will the return be?  I'm guessing it's not going to be a pernament feature?

No it's only going to be a temporary return (a year at most I'd have thought) :)

The Butlin Boy

Disney have confirmed that Captain Eo will be returning for a limited run at Disneyland in February 2010:

:arrow: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ks+Blog%29

I wish DLP could get it too! :wink:

Anthony

It's interesting that they say Honey I Shrunk the Audience will be "closing", seems quite definite. Has there been any update there? Will Captain EO be followed by Monsters Inc after all?

dagobert

Quote from: "Anthony"It's interesting that they say Honey I Shrunk the Audience will be "closing", seems quite definite. Has there been any update there? Will Captain EO be followed by Monsters Inc after all?

Are you talking about the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor or about the new Monsters Inc. ride in Tokyo?
Although the Laugh Floor was very funny, it's not a "must see" attraction.

Do you think they will close "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" in Paris in the near future, too? If they are giong to replace it, I really hope for the Monsters Inc. ride from Tokyo.

I have never seen Captain EO, and I wouldn't mind if Disney will show it in Paris, too. I'm sure without Michael's death Disney wouldn't bring it back.

Anthony

They posted a rumour on MiceAge that EO would be followed by Laugh Floor. Which would be quite strange for California given they've got a dark ride just across the esplanade.

Seeing HISTA in Paris replaced by Monsters would be depressing. Surely they belong in Toon Studio. I'd rather an empty building (which coincidentally is what HISTA mostly is these days).

Is Captain EO actually all that good? Or will the hype and nostalgia carry it along?

Rorschach

It's not THAT good,
I saw it when I was 10 years old, it was the first 3D movie I ever saw, of course back then 3D was something new...
It was interesting, I wasn't too thrilled, it was ok, better than HISTA.
Still, I would prefer something new(and no 3d)

-breeno-

It's been reported on MiceChat that HISTA will be closing at DLR on January 4th.

Discussions are now going on debating if HISTA will disappear for good or will it return after Eo makes it's brief return, my guess is it's gone for good, and after Eo that building will be left empty until they think of something to use it with.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Rorschach

Confirmed: No 'EO' return for Disneyland Paris

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/12/31/con ... and-paris/