Photos Magiques DLP news report: 05-06 July 2009

Started by Kristof, July 07, 2009, 02:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Photos Magiques DLP news report: 05-06 July 2009

Lots to report, so let's get started!

Disneyland Park

Refurbs in progress
Lots of refurbs are happening and quite a few have been done.  Not in the photos: patches of Discoveryland floor being replaced.

The scaffolding around the building between the Storybook Store and City Hall has been removed.

Adventure Isle floor being replaced:

Exterior of Bureau Passeport Annuel in refurb:

The boat on the Adventure Isle river has returned but without canopy and stuff in it.

The pigeon baskets on the Hyperian airship were missing.

The coloured window located inside Le Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin is currently in refurb.

Finished refurbs
La Cabane des Robinson has reopened after a much needed clean up and replacement of props.  Another refurbishment is planned in the future. (More photos of La Cabane des Robinson on Photos Magiques soon).
The drinking fountain located next to La Cabane has been themed with bamboo.

Scaffolding has come down at Café de la Brousse.

The refurbishment at Alice's Curious Labyrinth is moving ahead.  Lots of new paint and most animatronics were working well, including the small Cheshire cat's eyes and tail.  The Caterpillar and its surrounding have been repainted, but his smoke wasn't working.

The water running down from the Lava Rocks at the Discoveryland entrance have finally been fixed.

Broken Buzz
On Sunday evening the Buzz Lightyear animatronic was leaning backwards without any movement.

Wood Carvers Workshop
The Wood Carver's Workshop has reopend at the entrance of Critter Corral/Woody's Roundup Village and now offers drinks, small souvenires and a photo-print location were guests can buy their photos taken with the characters inside Woody's Roundup.

Christmas ribbon
Can you tell what's missing in this photo?

Emanuel Lenormand
Emanuel Lenormand (one of the creators of Mickey's Magical Party) was spotted watching It's Dance Time in Discoveryland.

Walt Disney Studios Park

Disney Blockbuster Café
All metal "Express" letters have been removed from the former Backlot Express façade.
The cash register area and the east room are starting to get their High School Musical make-over.  

Hollywood Blvd construction
Construction fences have been placed next to the Pin Trading Station on Hollywood Blvd, reportedly for an ice cream location.

Disney Channel building
The themed scaffolding have been extended all across the building now. A circular canopy is being constructed on the right side of the building.

Toy Story Playland
Progress photos of Toy Story Playland.

New merchandising

2010 Calendar and t-shirt:

"From Hong Kong to Paris" plush:

Disney Parks & Resorts-wide Vinylmation dolls:

Mickey's Magical Party and UP plush:

Hotels

A new dining location has been created in Hotel New York convention centre while its 2 restaurants are closed all summer season long.

Disney Village

Vinci Park offers annual pass holders and Disney Hotel guests all day parking for 2 euro's (note that the Disney parking lot is free for both).
Apparently it was forbidden to make a photo of this poster, an angry manager forced me to delete the photo, but I did not feel intimated and share the photo anyway:

Resort-wide news

The VAT has dropped in France on certain food items, which results in a modest drop of certain restaurant prices as well.  All courses that benefit from the VAT drop are marked with a Mickey balloon on the menu's.  An example from Auberge de Cendrillon:

We'll conclude our news report with a few photos of the Enchanted Fireworks, now with less spectacular fireworks.

geomelin

Very nice report !!!

I have one question about the photo with the menu in Auberge de Cendrillon!
We have a reservation there for next Thursday.
In the official brochure the adult price is 55 euros.
On your photo is 56,20 euros.

How is it cheaper because of VAT reduction?
What do I miss here?

thanks
George
Previous Trips

(1) 2000 - Disneyland Paris (Millennium Celebration)
(2) 2002 - Disneyworld Orlando - Disney Cruise to the Bahamas
(3) 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Christmas Season)
(4) 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Summer Season)

RnRCj

La Cabane looks absolutely fantastic! Very well done to the maintenance teams!

And finally the water on the lava rocks is working! Hooray!

It's amazing to see so many refurbishments going on. Could it be that they're trying to make the park look the best it can for the 20th?

Mrs. Jennes

Great pictures, thank you very much, you know every  corner of DLRP by heart, doesn't you?  8)  :P
The broken buzz looks so sad! hope they fix it quickly :)

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

kiki_304

Great pics and report (once again).

I am going to have to get a calendar when I visit in Oct.  Also my 5 year old son wants to get the incredibles Mickey when we go. lol

-breeno-

Great trip report Kristof :D

Just made me that little bit more excite to my trip on Thursday, now i know pretty much exactly what to expect.  So when i'm there i'll be doing my best Kristof impression and update his photos :P  (the broken buzz first on my list).
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

never2old

The Cabane looks brilliant!!! They've done a wonderful job of it  :D

It's great to see the park looking so good... Makes me want to go back even more!!

And now I want those Vinylmation dolls, they look brilliant!!

Thank you for the updates Kristof  :)

Adam

Buzz is drunk on the job again!  :lol: At least he hasn't taken his clothes off this time...

Annet

Maybe the fireworks are less spectacular, but the photo's are really nice!
And I don't like the "From Hong Kong to Paris" plush, the eyes look weird.

Anthony

La Cabane, Cafe de la Brousse, Labyrinth: Thumbs WAYYY UP!! =D>

I can't believe how colourful the Labyrinth looks, and how "alive" the kitchen scene is. It finally looks like the Robinsons still live there and didn't desert it about 10 years ago.

Will Cafe de la Brousse be reopening? It's quite hidden from the main path but very prominent from the other side, it's a shame to see that corner looking so dead for so many years. Why can't Dole bring over the Dole Whip and turn it into an exotic smoothies/drinks/ice creams location? No hot dogs!!

Intrigued to know what this thing on the corner of the TV studios is... Maybe a merchandise stall like the one in Toon Studio? I'm still surprised how big the refurb of that building is. Unless it's just going to disappear under tarp for a year for the fun of it, like Studio 1, I never noticed it looking that bad...

It's a shame the calendars have the exact same photos each year now. Nice to see the first bit of merchandise with the "old" Disneyland Paris logo, but I think I'll stop collecting them.

RnRCj

I've just read a post over at Disney Central Plaza, and it seems the caterpillar in the labyrinth is smoking now too! Very good show. =D>

seanmartina

When you say  "with less spectacular fireworks" how much less spectacular? are they really bad? loved them last year...

Great rip report by the way...

Kristof

Our La Cabane des Robinson photo album has been updated with 20 new interior photos.  

Check out here...

geomelin

Very nice pics!!!!

I didn't know you could see the Eiffel Tower from up there!

g
Previous Trips

(1) 2000 - Disneyland Paris (Millennium Celebration)
(2) 2002 - Disneyworld Orlando - Disney Cruise to the Bahamas
(3) 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Christmas Season)
(4) 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Summer Season)

CentralPlazaPerson

Very Nice Kristof! The treehouse looks superb. There is actually a lot of that treehouse that I have never explored yet, I must look in to it on my next trip!