Photos Magiques DLRP news report: 06-08 February 2009

Started by Kristof, February 12, 2009, 09:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Photos Magiques DLRP news report: 06-08 February 2009

Here goes our second DLRP news report on the magicforum.  

We arrived on Friday at Hotel New York for a 3 days / 2 nights stay.  We got a great room on the seventh floor with view over the parking lot (but we had a nice view over Disneyland Park as well).  We spotted a sign in the lobby for an Indiana Jones special event by Hasbro.  

Disneyland Park

Let's get started with our news tour at Disneyland Park.

Statue of Liberty Tableau

The Statue of Liberty Tableau located inside the Liberty Arcade has finally received a well deserved refurbishment.  Lighting, sound and animations have been fully restored to its former glory.

Plaza Gardens Restaurant

Plaza Gardens is currently closed for a 2 months refurbishment.

Torches

Only two of the 4 torches on Fort Comstock were burning during the whole weekend.  It seems that new wiring and pipes have been installed on the torches.

Sadly the torches on the Adventureland Bazar were not lit up during the whole weekend.

Alice's Curious Labyrinth

Disney's worst maintained attraction is looking more deteriorated than ever.

Dance Time with Stitch in Discoveryland

A large patch of concrete between Star Tours and Space Mountain has been scraped off for the upcoming show during Mickey's Magical Party.

Bad Show

A panel was missing on the ceiling in Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast's queue line.

Characters

Pocahontas and John Smith were roaming Frontierland while Esmeralda and Phoebus were spotted in Fantasyland on Sunday.

Walt Disney Studios Park

Cinémagique

At Walt Disney Studios Park was Cinémagique closed on Friday for some special event.

Crush's Coaster

At Crush's Coaster are new signs being installed at several locations in the queue line warning that the ride vehicles may not hold guests with certain body types or shapes.

Stitch Live!

A brand new screen has been installed in the exterior pre-show area.  Animations countdown every minute until its time to move into the second pre-show room.  

Benches have been installed in the second pre-show room.

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

In the Tower of Terror queue line we noticed that the "Out of order" sign has once again been stolen...

Studio Tram Tour rerouting

Work on the Studio Tram Tour road continues.  Construction fences have now appeared across the Dinotopia set as well.

Weather

On Saturday the day started very misty in the morning and evolved into snow in the afternoon.  Temperatures dropped so fast that Hotel New York offered free hot drinks in the lobby of the hotel.

Disney's Hotel New York

Back to Hotel New York where a bunch of rooms are being refurbished on the Central Park side.

Disney Village

At Disney Village was the crocodile in front of Rainforest Café covered up.

Let's conclude our news report with a look on the new pin releases for this month.

Discuss!  :)

MizzRabbit

Lovely report. You're so lucky you get to go so often. I like the fact that so many places are being refurbished thought it's sad to see the deterioration of Alice's Curious Labyrinth. The Pins also look really cool. Do you know wether the Tink Phantom Manor pin will be available in shops or only at the Pin Trading event? I love the misty picture of TOT. Made it look even creepier. Thx for the nice update! :D

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Agent Lex

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"Do you know wether the Tink Phantom Manor pin will be available in shops or only at the Pin Trading event?
With a run of 900, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they sold out at, or soon after, the event. Not sure how popular pin trading events are at DLRP though.

That said, I want one too!

pussinboots

I'm so glad the Liberty Tableau has been restored. And it didn't even take a large-scale petition.

MizzRabbit

Quote from: "Agent Lex"
Quote from: "MizzRabbit"Do you know wether the Tink Phantom Manor pin will be available in shops or only at the Pin Trading event?
With a run of 900, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they sold out at, or soon after, the event. Not sure how popular pin trading events are at DLRP though.

That said, I want one too!

Yeah, it's so cool. Wish they'd make more PM pins. Love the Haunted Mansion pins as well but PM is just more special as I've never been to the American parks.

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the fantastic report Kristof, you've touched on some very important issues there (especially Alice :? ). However, it's great to see that they appear to be maintaining a lot of things, and I'm especially happy with the Stitch improvements (there was a dire need for something in the exterior 'pre-show' :)

I hope you had a great trip :wink:

PetiteSirene

Oooooooh okay now I get what those green fences were near SM! They came as a real shock, they werent there on the 2nd or 3rd, then on the 4th we came out of Space Mountain and were like 'whats going on???'

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Luigi

thanks a lot for the photoreport, i really enjoy this new idea and it's really interesting.  =D>

Riebi

WOW! Thanks again for this great trip report! So much new, so little time!

The indiana Jones Weekend seems to be an interesting thing. Have you seen anything about it? Or was it something calm/small "unvisible"

The Statue of Liberty Plateau refurb is wonderful! It´s a very important point of main street USA for me. Also the refurb of Plaza garden is nice to see (even a 2 month long refurb). I miss a bit some fences around the area. It´s not nice for guests to see this painted door.

For the torches: I think the whole entrance of adventure land should get a little refurb again. But unbelievable is the stadium of alice! It´s one of the sadest things. I love this attraction so much. Seems they waiting till it needs a 6 month complete refurb or they don´t wanna have it anymore. All two choices are just sad. Please DLRP and Mr. Gas do something for this great attraction!

For discoveryland and this stage...well...I don´t like this dancing time with stitch show. It´s simply not my cup of tea. But maybe a new floor in this area will be a little win for me.

The characters are great to see again outsite the summer season!

It´s nice to see with how much love they are working now at WDS, as seen at stitch. (I would say take the same love for Disneyland Park now. ) The update of stitch is nice, the new sign at crush could be more disneyish but maybe it´s just a placeholder (the german translation is against SH*******! "Mit besonderen Körperformen"???? Sounds like you have to be an alien or monster or something! I´m very intersting in the tram tour developement. Looks all fine.
What are this white towers at pic 2?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Epcot_Boy

Wonderful report with some pretty cool photos =D>

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Magicalmouse125

Great report, I wish i could go so often. Great Photos and even better info
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Javey74

Yet another great news report update kristof, I absolutely love reading them.  I tend to find they always make you want more info when you get to the end of them.. :mrgreen:

Aveen2008

Thanks for posting this! I have noticed they have had Esmeralda and Phoebus out a bit lately, I bet when I go later this year they won't be anywhere, I have never seen them or Pocahontas and John smith in DLP but I guess thats the magic of it all- you never know what will happen or who you may see!! :D  :D

Love the creepy photo of the Tower of Terror fading in the mist! =D>
Luv Aveen xoxo

ColdSun

thanks for posting that, it's always interesting to see some new pictures of the latest happenings.

Nala_84

Thanks for the news update Kristof :)!

I'm afraid I've never seen the Statue of Liberty Plateau  :shock: Where exactly is this??

The pic of Pocahontas & John Smith is wonderful! Where can you meet them?

And the Labyrinth is in such a bad state :(... I thought they would have refurbished it last September???
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]