Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show... with Mickey and Friends!

Started by Kristof, January 29, 2009, 07:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Kuzco"I can fully understand why Disney would do this.
It might convince people who were not going to visit the show to rethink their decision and visit the show to see Mickey.

Just plain simple marketing, nothing more, nothing less.

Quite the opposite - I am thinking about boycotting and writing to Disney about this. Disney do not get it anymore. The whole point of BBWWS is to recreate the original show that toured Europe. MM was not even invented then.

I do not mind them doing meet and greet pre show (they used to do this anyway). But in the main show is terrible.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "ford prefect"That said, I am not adverse to a character meet and greet in the pre show.

Equally, I suppose if Mickey was to introduce and invite Gustave to stage the show at Disney that would be fine!  Goofy, Chip 'n' Dale and Minnie shouldn't be involved during the show, it devalues the other performers..
That's a great idea. Sort of a "Mickey presents... Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show".

I can't see the show being changed too much. Probably just enough to entice and please the families and guests who've obviously been seeing it as too grown-up and -- dare I say the dreaded word -- not "relevant" enough.

Funny, my 3 year old and 5 year old loved it without Mickey. What next, a steel coaster in Fantasyland!!!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Willow"Its hardly changing the whole show. Its 1 character which *may* revitalize a dying show, its well known that its not very popular these days.

I've personally never visited it because it looks really boring and Mickey makes it slightly more interesting but its such a small difference its not really going to make me visit anymore than previously.

Very sad that you have missed out on the very best attraction in all of DLP, and one of the finest things Disney has ever produced.

Riebi

Hm..sounds a bit...boring to me. I know Disney must invite or change shows from time to time but BBWWS and Mickey Mouse together in one room? What should Mickey do in this show? Crying out a big "Heeeeyaaaa" in his mickey-voice? No thank you. I like the show in the style it is. It must be a western show not a Disney characters m. and g.
If they are not happy with it anymore they have to invent something totally new. But destroying BBWWS couldn´t be the solution.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

RnRCj

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Quite the opposite - I am thinking about boycotting and writing to Disney about this. Disney do not get it anymore.

You should definitely do that.

I've never been to BBWWS sadly. I really really want to see it, and every time I go to the resort I say I'm going to, but my family always show no interest whatsoever.

Hopefully next time.

Miss Tinkerbell

lt's a great show, l've seen it once and l might go again in a year or two, we had a good atmosphere and it's fun to watch.  And l agree, it's about the original show that toured not about making it into some Mickey Mouse vehicle.  As much as l love Mickey, l'm beginning to think the whole concept is going to create a Mickey overload...  :|

The pre-show meet and greet is a good idea IMO, since you'd see Mickey and co in cowboy outfits, it'd be more value for money

Poppy The Monkey

The Characters role in the show is not huge!

They will appear at the beginning, introducing the show. They will do a small routine to live cowboy music during the horribly DULL campfire scene!  They will be in the stands cheering on the crowds when the medicine ball is being passed around, and appear in the shooting contest to congratulate the "child" who is always the winner.

I like BBWWS as it now, and don't worry it will still be the same Buffalo Bill's Show!! But I think the characters will be an improvement - brightening up the duller moments of the show, injecting some fresh life into it, and the main goal: getting more people in to watch the show by opening it up to a much wider audience, hopefully prolonging its' life at DLRP.

Reiana

I think, adding Mickey and his friends to the show is a great idea.
I was never really interested in BBWWS. But with a little disneytouch maybe I'll give it a chance.
 =D>

smurfy74

thanks poppy sounds like a good idea to me from what youve said, leaving most of the show for the purists out there

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"The Characters role in the show is not huge!

They will appear at the beginning, introducing the show. They will do a small routine to live cowboy music during the horribly DULL campfire scene!  They will be in the stands cheering on the crowds when the medicine ball is being passed around, and appear in the shooting contest to congratulate the "child" who is always the winner.

I like BBWWS as it now, and don't worry it will still be the same Buffalo Bill's Show!! But I think the characters will be an improvement - brightening up the duller moments of the show, injecting some fresh life into it, and the main goal: getting more people in to watch the show by opening it up to a much wider audience, hopefully prolonging its' life at DLRP.

Sounds good to me! :wink:

penfold12

It's Disneyland! Come on, it's no big deal! It will revitalize an attraction, and broaden it's appeal.

loulou123

I personally love all things mickey!  :mickey1: But dont really want him in BBWWS as i like the fact its something different away from the usual Disney theme.

Ive seen the show twice and loved it both times (tho i do think Disney had a cheek with the premium seats idea) im planning a trip in the summer with my boyfriend whose not a disney fan and is more going for the rides  ](*,) and i think this will actually put him off seeing the show.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"The Characters role in the show is not huge!

Thanks Poppy, I'm really considering booking this for September.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Anthony

Thank you Poppy! :wink:

Phew. That sounds like quite a good compromise really, and you're absolutely right about "opening up" to the show to a wider audience. Though to be honest most of the advertising for the show around the resort and in brochures has been horribly dull for at least the past 10 years, making it look more like a museum exhibit than the kind of thrilling show you must see.

Hathaway Browne

I'll admit, when first reading the headline I though "oh no", but to be honest, I don't see what the problem of utilising the characters is.

And by that description of their appearance, its no biggy. I don't buy into the "characters don't fit" argument. They have a Mickey Luau at the Polynesian.
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!