[HKDL] Three new attractions this summer

Started by Kristof, February 28, 2006, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Screamscape announces the opening of 3 new attractions at Hong Kong Disneyland to open this summer.

Quote from: "Screamscape"The AP reports that Hong Kong Disneyland announced three new Tomorrowland attractions opening this summer. First up is the new Autopia car ride, confirming the rumor that it would use electric cars instead of gas engines. They will also add Stitch Encounter (a "theater show") and UFO Zone (a water-squirting robot, rocket ship and flying saucer).

http://www.screamscape.com/html/hong_ko ... eyland.htm

Kinou

Note than their Stitch attraction will NOT be a clone from the WDW major flop. It will be like Crush Turtle Talk but using Stitch.
Hug it out bitch !

Anthony

Quote from: "Kinou"Note than their Stitch attraction will NOT be a clone from the WDW major flop. It will be like Crush Turtle Talk but using Stitch.
Sounds good, but isn't Stitch a bit of an odd choice for an attraction like that, since he hardly speaks?  :D

It's really good to see HKDL expanding with simple, managable attractions that will increase the amount of things to do and the capacity of the park without costing too much.  It's a much more practical plan than the one they had for Euro Disney, but let's hope that the park will still get its classic Disneyland E-Tickets someday soon.  (Starting with POTC, it seems)

What will this "UFO Zone" be?  Is it the new version of Disneyland's old UFOs?

Also, does anyone know where abouts in Tomorrowland these things will go (except for Autopia) ?

Kristof

Quotethe WDW major flop

That was actually one of the few rides I liked at the Magic Kingdom...  :lol:

Kinou

Well you must be one of the ten people who did Lol  :lol:
Hug it out bitch !

Kristof

Disneytheque informs that the UFO Zone will be a recreative zone similar to the Liki-Tiki statues in the HKDL Adventureland.

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Disneytheque informs that the UFO Zone will be a recreative zone similar to the Liki-Tiki statues in the HKDL Adventureland.
Oh.  *falls asleep*

It's a shame they're filling the park up with play areas and not proper Disney attractions - I'm glad Paris has the more interesting walk-through exhibits like Legends of the Wild West and Aladdin now...

Anthony

So, you thought that the original Toon Studios concept art was the ugliest Disney concept art ever?  Think again!

Stitch Encounter

UFO Zone

Autopia

In fairness, these look like really good additions (even UFO Zone!), and the Autopia and UFO Zone concept art is nice - just the Stitch one stinks.  :)

More here: http://www.miceage.com/guest/gu030706a.htm

Dlrpfan

OMG they look bad! But the autopia one looks good. I like the position were it is. Not to sure on the ufo zone
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Patrick

Ok I don't ever recall CGI concept art for theme parks :lol: , that's just plain cheap and bad and insulting the imagineers inteligence of how to draw, unless of course they are simply rubbish at drawing and were taken from a street and told to design something :lol: .  I actually quite liked Toon Studios concept art :P .  Though Autopia really is a must for every Disney Tomorrow/Discoveryland concept anyway.

Anthony

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"OMG they look bad!
Do you even think Autopia looks bad?  It looks better than I expected, to be honest.  There's more going on around the roads (trees, decoration, etc.).

It just looks like they didn't have any Stitch Encounter concept art ready, so someone knocked that thing up quickly on Illustrator...  :lol:

Kristof

At least their Autopia looks a bit like ours, the WDW one is really really boring and ugly...

Dlrpfan

I ment not including autopia but forgot to add it in (i was real tiered that night!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

I noticed today on the UFO zone art that there's a bridge over it with Autopia cars on it.  That really looks neat.  :D

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"I noticed today on the UFO zone art that there's a bridge over it with Autopia cars on it.  That really looks neat.  :D
Yeah, it curves nicely around that area with a waterfall cascading down the side of it!

I think our Discoveryland really lacks areas like this actually.  Discoveryland reminds me a bit of WDS in a way, because it's just attraction/attraction/attraction/attraction/etc without any little theme areas inbetween.  I guess the Nautilus is the exception to this, but the land could still do with something like Adventureland's islands or the UFO Zone...