Monsters Inc 2

Started by Captain Pan, January 16, 2009, 01:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Pan

23-19

Are probably the numbers running though the Heads of John Lasseter and Pete Doctor right now

As Rumours spread of a Monsters Inc Sequel Scheduled for release in 2013.
Quote'Monsters' sequel in 2013?

Here's the story: Someone working at Pixar may have inadvertently given away the fact that a sequel to Monsters, Inc. is in production at the studio, likely for release in 2013.

Using Site Meter, which gives me comprehensive site statistics for TPB, I learned that someone at Pixar typed in the words 'monsters 2013 pixar' into Google this morning and subsequently encountered this post (discussing Pete Docter's rumor-fueling "non-denial denial" that a sequel is in the works) where the words appeared.

What other reason could there be for a Pixarian doing a search for 'monsters 2013 pixar' except a sequel coming out then? The original film came out in 2001, the Blu-ray comes out later this year, and the much-anticipated ride at Walt Disney World is slated for a Fall 2011 opening, possibly in anticipation of a sequel.

//http://pixarblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/monsters-sequel-in-2013.html

I'm not too sure of the reliability... but I'll give it a look...

Nice little note there... Come Chirstmas we Fans of the Monsters Inc Franchise get to See Scully's fur in HD with it moving onto Blu Ray! Can't Wait!

What's the Verdict... Do we Start Looking forward to Boo's reunion with Scully with hope or fear?

Source was provided by a member of another Disney Related forum and I shall keep thee posted with any developments from across there in the coming Days, Weeks, Months and Years.

Anthony

I thought you where referring to the 'Are you 23?' thing at first with that 23-19. :wink:

A second Monsters Inc. would definitely be on my list of "acceptible sequels", although if they did such a thing I'd hope for a bigger exploration of the Monstropolis world rather than some reunion for Sulley and Boo. The same way as Toy Story 2 took us to Al's Toy Barn, further into the toy's world, rather than say revolving around the troubles of Andy getting a dog like you thought the first film was setting up.

I'd rather see this than Newt actually.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"I'd rather see this than Newt actually.

Newt loooks and sounds real good and its good to hear that Pixar's "Voice of the balls" John Ratzenberger is set to play the leading male! So that looks good.

Quote from: "Anthony"I thought you where referring to the 'Are you 23?' thing at first with that 23-19. :wink:

Now I never thought of that... I was just thinking of a quirky way of introducing the data!

I think along the same lines with you Ant, I'm not wanting just to see Boo, although it would be nice to see Boo grown up as we have traveled about 10 years since our first visit with Mike and Scully in Monstropilious

Pete's Dragon

I'm not against the idea of a sequel, as Toy Story 2 is one of the best ever made. But a) I'd be really interested where the story goes cause for the life of me I can't think of a good enough angle (probably why I'm not a professional writer then :wink: ). And b) even though it is a Pixar film, I would prefer they didn't bog themselves down with series, franchaises or sequels, but instead came up with completely new ideas. Imagine if after Toy Story, A Bugs Life and Monsters Inc, they had just churned out parts 2,3,4........ no Finding Nemo, Remy or Wall-E.....

But it is Pixar, and if history is anything to go by, it'll be a great film. To paraphrase a film that I would like to see a sequel to (Fight Club)

'In Lasseter we trust'

-breeno-

Hmm seems interesting, i always thought a Monsters Inc sequel would work somehow.  I'd much rather see this happening that Newt and The Bow and the Bear (or is it Bear and the Bow?  Can't remember).  I don't see anything interesting in them like i do with every other Pixar film.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Willow

A Monsters Inc. sequel seems like a natural progression, at the end of the 1st film it feels like it isn't the end of the story and much more adventures could happen. Whereas, a film like Wall-e felt like that was the end of the story and a sequel wouldn't work.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Willow"A Monsters Inc. sequel seems like a natural progression, at the end of the 1st film it feels like it isn't the end of the story and much more adventures could happen. Whereas, a film like Wall-e felt like that was the end of the story and a sequel wouldn't work.

True, plus they show you what happens next during the credits of Wall-E, how they fix the planet and everything.

Adam

I think Monsters Inc 2 would be a good sequel. I think the original was a great movie, but where would they take the story? It will have to be something else to threaten the power supply. Waternoose escapes from prison maybe.

SophieD

I'm a bit aprehensive for a sequel to be honest. I loved Monster's Inc and the story which it told. But I would be worried that a sequel would ultimately destroy this?

On the other hand if they did do one, I would love to see Boo back and Mike and Cecila getting married or having one-eyed snake haired kids!!  :lol:  :lol:
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Willow

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
Quote from: "Willow"A Monsters Inc. sequel seems like a natural progression, at the end of the 1st film it feels like it isn't the end of the story and much more adventures could happen. Whereas, a film like Wall-e felt like that was the end of the story and a sequel wouldn't work.

True, plus they show you what happens next during the credits of Wall-E, how they fix the planet and everything.

I used Wall-E as an example because it was very popular, has won a few awards and Disney/Pixar could easily get suckered into a sequel even though (as far as I'm concerned) the story is over.

15yearsofMagic2008

OH YES ! HALLEJAUAH ! MY FAVOURITE DISNEY PIXAR FILM IS  COMING BACK ! My favourite bit of Monsters Inc has to be the bit where SUlley finds Boo has escaped frm the child world and screams ! My favourite character has to be Mikey ! OMG !HE IS SOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!

Anways back on topic.

How long does it take to make these things?
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Captain Pan

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"OH YES ! HALLEJAUAH ! MY FAVOURITE DISNEY PIXAR FILM IS  COMING BACK ! My favourite bit of Monsters Inc has to be the bit where SUlley finds Boo has escaped frm the child world and screams ! My favourite character has to be Mikey ! OMG !HE IS SOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!

Anways back on topic.

How long does it take to make these things?

Its only Rumours.... and As Pixar have Cast it's line until 2012... We're not looking for it's release (if it comes) until 2013

We've got:
2009: Up
2010: Toy Story 3
2011: Newt
2012 (Summer): Cars 2
2012 (Winter): The Bear and The Bow

to look forward to... before we could even contemplate it...

Aveen2008

Even though I have liked some of the Disney Sequels, I feel there has been far too many sequels to Disney Movies and some of them have very poor quality graphics and storylines in comparison to the original such as The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2, Pocahontas 2 and I thought Cinderella 2 was just awful mainly for it's storyline.

I love Disney and have since I can ever remember and I hate to critcise but this is my opinion.

I do think though there maybe potential for a good sequel for Monsters Inc but I am always worried with Sequels. The onlt sequel I ever thought was equal if not better to the original was Toy Story 2.

This is just my feelings on sequels though.

:-"
Luv Aveen xoxo

Nicholas-c

Yes.. And no... I want a sequel because it ended on a "cliff hanger' to a degree but it was nice ending, generally sequels i hate :P

Monsters Inc. 2 a go ?

QuoteCould it be true?! Early this morning my friend Thomas Huxley of Upcoming Pixar pointed me to an article published on a blog called Blue Sky Disney. They claim that Pixar has finally given the greenlight to director Pete Docter to start planning for his next movie after finishing Up, and it just so happens to be none other than Monsters Inc 2 - the most requested Pixar sequel (next to maybe The Incredibles). They don't give any other new details besides that it will be slated for 2013 and that Docter has been working on this sequel for a while, which all actually makes a lot of sense, but we're still not sure if it's completely true or not.

We've heard rumors like this before (see here), but for some odd reason I'm a bit more convinced this time around. In fact, this is the perfect time for more news like this to hit, because Pete Docter is appearing at the Up presentation at WonderCon this weekend, which means we can try and get an answer out of him once and for all. Thomas seems pretty confident that the news is legit and that we can trust that blog, but obviously we're still going to say it's a rumor until someone at Disney or Pixar tells us otherwise. If this is indeed Pixar's movie for 2013, than I'll be quite be ecstatic, because I've been waiting for this day!
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Luigi

i really like Monsters Inc. so a second movie would be good news for me. I agree, the end of the first movie leaves room for a second movie. maybe this time it's the other way round the Monsters visit the "real" world.