Banners 15th anniversary and stage removed

Started by WDI1992, January 15, 2009, 09:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDI1992

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share with you a first look on Central Plaza without it's 15th ann. castle stage. Also the banners are gone on Main Street, and Pirates is in refurb.
A part of Fantasyland is also closed for the removal of Belle's Christmas Village and some stalls have dissapeared for refurb.
I also added a few pics to show you that you're not the only one suffering from the freezing temperatures... yes, DLRP is just as well, so here is the rare view of Disneyland Park covered in snow and ice  :wink:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

WDI1992

another few...
Mary's not going to be too happy about the first one though ...
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

www.ResortDreams.net

Epcot_Boy

They do indeed seem to be having a hard time of it at DLRP weather wise. However some seem to like it that way..........makes it more magical perhaps :-k

Me, well I'll much prefer to see the sun boiling away :lol:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Laurence

Has Candlebration stopped now that the stage has gone? I'm going next week and I thought that Candlebration was still on, but how can they do it with no stage?

I love the ice pictures, any idea what sort of temperatures you were having? I hope the weather is like that next week for me! No rides were closed because of the temperatures, were they? Did Catastrophe Canyon still have water?

The Butlin Boy

Great pictures, especially of the magical ice around the park, thanks for sharing them :)

I also spotted that bird feeding sign on my last trip, oh the irony in it... :lol:

WDI1992

well I think is was about - 5 to -7... and yes they still do Candleabration but without the stage and the dancers, they just do the castle part actually... so nothing really spectacular about that me thinks...
and there are no rides closed due to the weather (ps. today the temperatures at Marne-la-Vallée are +5 again), only closures due to refurbs and maintenance. (BTM get's special 'wheels' every winter to face the frost)
As for Catastrophe Canyon, I wouldn't know because I didn't really go to the Studios on sunday but I'll check when I get online.  
Greetings! .... and remember.... Do not feed the birds! no toppins a bag!  :lol:

www.ResortDreams.net

Tubbyherman

I love these pictures, but boy does it look cold. I'm glad to hear it's warmed up a bit.