TDR | Turtle Talk with Crush / Mickey's PhilharMagic

Started by Malin, November 06, 2008, 12:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malin

Oriental Land Company has announced that a new attraction, Mickey's PhilharMagic, will open at Tokyo Disneyland® Park in 2011.

The new attraction, Mickey's PhilharMagic, will replace the attraction The Mickey Mouse Revue, which will close on May 25, 2009 in preparation for the new attraction.

Also annouced for Tokyo Disney Sea is the attraction Turtle Talk with Crush, and it will be located inside the SS Columbia, and is due to open in 2009.

AmericanMouse

The Mickey Mouse Review came from WDW's Magic Kingdom when the park opened IIRC...

Willow

Turtle Talk with Crush is the S.S. Columbia is baaad, doesn't suit the theme of American Waterfront in anyway, poor show by the usually impecable Disney Sea.

I did hear from a variety of sources that its going to be a test for something else in the future.

Malin

QuoteMickey's PhilharMagic, will open at Tokyo Disneyland® Park in 2011.

I am not suprised to see this happening, the venue that holds the Mickey Mouse Revue is perfect for Mickey's Philharmagic. The original show is incredibly outdated and I have been pushing for Philharmagic to replace it for sometime now. I am sure this attraction has a loyal fanbase but sometimes change is good, and in this case it certainly is, as Mickey's Philharmagic is a much better attraction.

Regarding Crush I think it will make a nice addition. Many will argue it will damage the rich theming that one can associate with TDS, but I feel it will offer guest visiting the park a chance to actually talk and communicate with one of the more popular characters, and it will probarely go down well with the Japanese crowd who love the characters.

SMCD

I have to say I found the Mickey Mouse Revue a bit weird when I saw it for the first time at TDL in 2007. I'm sure it got its history and all, but I agree it seems a bit outdated. On the other hand, Mickey´s Philharmagic is one of my favorite attractions - impressive and beautiful. I think they made a good choice.

Crush is okay, I guess. I've read it will be different than the American version, and more in theme with the surroundings. It will also bring this pretty new attraction type to TDR, and give kids some more to do at TDS. I just hope they will make it fit nicely in at the American Waterfront and inside the beautiful SS Columbia.

mattboywonder

Quote from: MalinOriental Land Company has announced that a new attraction, Mickey's PhilharMagic, will open at Tokyo Disneyland® Park in 2011.

The new attraction, Mickey's PhilharMagic, will replace the attraction The Mickey Mouse Revue, which will close on May 25, 2009 in preparation for the new attraction.

I know its outdated but its kinda cute and its one of few attractions unique to Tokyo.  Though I guess Pooh's Honey Hunt and he Monsters Inc! ride take care of the unique aspect.  I'm glad I videoed MMR when I was at TDL
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Malin"Oriental Land Company has announced that a new attraction, Mickey's PhilharMagic, will open at Tokyo Disneyland® Park in 2011.

Also annouced for Tokyo Disney Sea is the attraction Turtle Talk with Crush, and it will be located inside the SS Columbia, and is due to open in 2009.

These should all be great additions to TDL. The combination of Monsters Inc and Crush opening next year should be a huge success, getting people to visit both parks. PhilharMagic should also be a success as well, but will it really take two years to install it? (MMR closes May 2009, MPM opens in 2011) :-k

Soap

Thanks to the disney and more blog:

//http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/09/tokyo-disney-sea-turtle-talk-with-crush.html

Looks greatly themed, what a love is put into this ride  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

RnRCj

Wow! TDS does it again. :shock:

I must admit, at first I was annoyed that toons were being added to American Waterfront, but after looking at those pictures I have been blown away. It's so well themed, and has such a great story - all for just a "C" ticket attraction. I was also worried that a Crush attraction would look out of place in AW, but it blends in perfectly. There's no huge emphasis on the toons either which is great. In the queue line and preshow for example you would hardly be able to tell that it was a toon-based attraction.

Great job TDS! And take note DLP!

davewasbaloo

Amazing!
since 2001 (many before that)

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Amazing!

Spot on! They really have done an amazing job of this minor attraction. Bravo Tokyo Disney Sea =D>

luke85

I was apprehensive at the thought of Pixar characters being shoved into TDS, but the team have done such an amazing job from the looks of those pics!

Great themeing yet again from TDS, now if only DLP could do the same...? [-o<

CafeFantasia

I agree. The Imagineers have done a first class job on Crush. Spared no expense, as John Hammond would say.

It made me think, what if they integrated Turtle Talk With Crush into the Nautilus in Discoveryland? The big window where you see the squid attack could give you a view of Crush swimming in the sea instead. It'd be a weird mix, but it could actually be quite funny and give people a good reason to go down into the Nautilus.

They could call it, "Les Mystères du Nautilus avec Crush" :-) Or perhaps "Nemo's Nautilus".

As you know, the Nautilus was designed and commanded by Captain Nemo. Yes, Nemo, perfect :-) Well the story could go, today's a special Open Day and Nemo has invited you down into his submarine to witness an amazing new marine technology called "sonar hydrophones". With this new technology, Nemo can now actually hear the fish talk.

The presentation starts off serious, with lots of interference and the words of a few small fish translated. In the distance is a large creature approaching. Nemo assumes it's a squid attack and announces some kind of red alert. But as the figure get's nearer and clearer, it turns out it's not a squid, but Crush. And from that point on, it transitions into the familiar Turtle Talk with Crush show. However, rather than the focus be on Crush, the show could be more about Captain Nemo and the Nautilus. Crush could be used to teach people about Captain Nemo so that they have a better appreciation of the Nautilus submarine they're standing within.

Rorschach

Not amazed.
It's ok, but attractions like this one are not my cup of tea.
I wouldn't bother going there if I ever went to TDS.

Willow

WDI have done brilliantly on this version of Turtle Talk with Crush. Of course, its by far the best version.

I was a bit dubious about it going into DisneySea, but they have really pulled it off.

This kinda take on the attraction would work brilliantly in Discoveryland.