Euro Disney S.C.A. Fiscal Year 2008 Results

Started by dagobert, October 21, 2008, 08:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Here is the link:
http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CO ... r-2008.pdf

As far as I understand this report, Euro Disney S.C.A. made a net profit of € 2 million.

- Net profit of € 2 million for the Group in Fiscal Year 2008 - Third consecutive year of       growth in revenues.

- EBITDA increased 21% to € 249 million.

- Cash and cash  equivalents at € 374 million.

-Records in attendance of € 15.3 million and hotel occupancy of 91%.

Kuzco

In my opnion: nice work!
No touchy!

phantom247

On the surface this is very good news but because they have met profit they have to now start paying royalties and management fees which was part of the reason they got into a mess before and needed to restructure their finances.

Anthony

Quote from: "dagobert"- Net profit of € 2 million for the Group in Fiscal Year 2008 - Third consecutive year of growth in revenues.
I think I just saw a pig fly past outside...  Profit?! Euro Disney SCA?! :shock:

15.3million visitors is wonderful, brilliant, incredibly exciting. They're now just about reaching the levels that Disney hoped for both when the original resort opened and again when WDS opened.

I just hope they don't leave it at Playhouse Disney and Stars 'n' Cars, the only future events mentioned. Times might be hard, but they'll get even harder if they don't keep up this momentum with new investments.

experiment627

Quote from: "Anthony"I just hope they don't leave it at Playhouse Disney and Stars 'n' Cars, the only future events mentioned. Times might be hard, but they'll get even harder if they don't keep up this momentum with new investments.

I suppose the last thing you want to share openly - especially in times like these - is: "Yes, we made a profit of € 2 Million - and we're now going to spend hundreds of millions of euros into new rides"  :wink:

Announcements for something new should be coming - at a time, when the market might appreciate long term growth strategies again...

Japper

Someone at miceage.com said:

"EDL would've made € 35 million profit, but they wisely paid over € 30 million of debt.. otherwise French goverment would've collected tax from the € 35 million.

EDL still has 98,5% of its debt there, so we've got a long road for real profit. During 2008 EDL paid over € 100 million of interests because of the debt. So, there we can count that without debt, EDL would make some € 135 million profit annually."

Quote from: "Anthony"I just hope they don't leave it at Playhouse Disney and Stars 'n' Cars, the only future events mentioned.

I agree with that.. but that's just because this times are so boring after the construction period of Toon Studio, Hollywood Blvd, ToT and Buzz... We want to see the Theatre District get build and the Hollywood Blvd get expanded!

Nicholas-c

good stuff, 91% is getting a little close to the 100% figure, wonder when a new DLRP hotel will appear ;)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

The Butlin Boy

Hallelujah, DLRP has finally mad a profit. They should make the theme of Mickey's Magical Party next year a party to celebrate the resort finally making a profit :lol:  :D/  =D> Congratulations DLRP! :mrgreen:

Luigi

great to see they made a profit for this years and of course a wise decision to pay some of the debt

Alpop

I wouldn't be surprised if they focus a little more on paying off the debt.
Investing in new attractions although would be great and what we want to hear, but remember that the whole worlds banking system is in tumoil.

I read that the other resorts are putting new investments on hold for a little while to see what happens. I hate to say it, but I have to say this at least once a day "Credit Crunch!".

Anthony

I didn't expect to see any announcements yet for future attractions, especially not with the banking crisis as you say, but I do hope they play it differently this time to what they did after Space Mountain opened, brought in millions more guests and brought them their first annual profit.

They followed that up with, with... HISTA and Indy: Backwards. Wow. And then they completely blew it by gambling everything on Walt Disney Studios. We need some steady and sensible investments this time.

Investing their profit in that debt is great to hear though, just not much fun for us fans. :wink:

I guess if they keep this up, the next few years Annual Report-wise will continue to bring a very very low profit (ie. just above break even) as they gradually wipe that debt? Seems a sensible way to play it, keeping the banks on their side.

Owain

Quote from: "Anthony"I guess if they keep this up, the next few years Annual Report-wise will continue to bring a very very low profit (ie. just above break even) as they gradually wipe that debt? Seems a sensible way to play it, keeping the banks on their side.

Ye, i agree i think thats the best way to play it. Imagine how much relief the company will be in when they dont have to think about debt, just profit !. It'll take a while but will all be good in the long run  :)

I was wondering is that attendance for both parks or Disneyland Park itself ?

Riebi

It´s the attentance for both parks on a "first-click"-base:

QuoteTheme parks attendance corresponds to the attendance recorded on a "first click" basis, meaning that a person
visiting both parks in a single day is counted as only one visitor.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Owain

Quote from: "Riebi"It´s the attentance for both parks on a "first-click"-base:

QuoteTheme parks attendance corresponds to the attendance recorded on a "first click" basis, meaning that a person
visiting both parks in a single day is counted as only one visitor.

Oh its amazing how Both tokyo parks get around 12,000,000 each year thats over 24,000,000 together.

roaldbergmann

Quote from: "Owain"Imagine how much relief the company will be in when they dont have to think about debt, just profit !. It'll take a while but will all be good in the long run  :)

How big is the debt? And if they continue paying it off at this pace, when will it be gone?