Once upon a DLRP trip - share your most treasured memories

Started by MizzRabbit, August 13, 2008, 12:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MizzRabbit

I don't know it there already is a thead like this but here goes anyway...

I know many of you have been to DLRP lots of times, some back in 1992, some later. For me all my DLRP memories are so important and I'm glad my mom took pictures and kept a travel journal to help me remember all the fun stuff we did. I thought it would be really interesting to hear all your most cherished memories from previous DLRP trips. I doesn't matter when the trip was. You could then post pictures from the trip and I bet it'd be funny to see all of you as kids and young adults so if you have a memory, any kind of experience, a photo, anything you want to share, go ahead and post. :)

I'll start off with one of my memories, well, my frirst memory from dlrp actually:

I was a kid, it was 1992 and I was about 8 years old. My mom worked at Kodak so we had gotten VIP tickets for the park before the official opening. We were all transported in a bus from Copenhagen and it was about a 19 hour drive. I loved it 'cause I had my colouringbook, sketchpad and walkman and it was very cozy. Well, we finally arrived at the hotel (in Paris) and when I stepped out of the bus I kissed the ground 'cause I loved Paris so much (yucky, I know). Well, we unloaded our bagage and then back in the bus straight to dlrp. When we arrived the first thing I saw were the moving walkways. And it seemed like they went on forever. I loved running on them and humming to the Disney tunes the played on the way. Then, we finally arrived at the park. I remember seeing the entrance at the Disneyland Hotel. I was jumping up and down in excitement! I was given a badge with my name and hotel adress on it as well as a Kodak pin (my FIRST pin :D). My mom and I then walked toward the hotel and I was so happy and skipped all the way singing a long to "...what a wonderful day". We didn't have a camcorder but a guy from my moms work did and he later gave us a tape where that actual moment of me skipping towards the Disneyland hotel was captured.

I'll add some pics later...

Now it's your turn!

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Snow_White_Girl

Best memory comes from my trip that I've just had. It was the 2nd day, we'd been to the Studios, I was so tired and ready to go to Disney Village for some food.. When suddenly my mum started dragging me back in the direction of Disneyland Park. I asked her why and she wouldn't tell me, it was only when we got to the park that I realised what she'd done. The day before we left for Paris, I'd been offered 2 jobs, and my mum had sneaked off to City Hall on the first day and booked dinner at Auberge de Cendrillon the next night to say congratulations! It was just like I was a little girl again, sitting eating my meal while Sleeping Beauty and Snow White came round to my table! :D

\":lamp:\"

MizzRabbit

I love those pictures! It looks like you had a ball - literally! How is the food there btw?

Use password]

Snow_White_Girl

The food is lovely - especially the dessert :D I was rather jealous of the children next to me who got Cinderella's slipper though, the adults don't get that! (Though I wasn't complaining when a miniature chocolate torte, creme brulee and red fruit coulis with cream came my way! :wink: ) The only thing I would say is be sure to ask for the meat VERY well done if you don't like it slightly pink (though I must admit it was far more tender and rather delicious slightly pink!)... The decor in the place is beautiful, it's literally a little (or big!) girl's dream! I'm only sorry I didn't take more pics of it because it really was lovely. Lovely touch too, the princesses (Snow White and Aurora) come out every hour with the princes, but before that you get Suzy and Perla for a while, and Cinderella's on hand for pictures as you go in... However, I don't know if this happens every time, but when Snow White came in, her prince actually carried her in, in the same way he lifts her up at the end of the film! It was so beautiful to watch, brought tears to my eyes!  =D> When I have my own children (a distant prospect at the moment!) I'll definitely take any little girls I have back there, it was so magical! There was a family at the table next to me with two little girls, and their jaws were just dropped open in awe for the entire meal, bless them!! :)

Ooops slightly :offtopic: ! I could go on about it all night, one of my best Disney experiences to date!

\":lamp:\"

Aveen2008

I have a few most treasured memories.

From my first trip it was getting to watch the fireworks display (Wishes) from infront of the castle, it was always a dream of mine! :ears:

One of the best memories I have is when I went Last November and I was waiting on the Toon train to arrive with Lilo and stitch on it. I had already met them the day before but I wanted another photo because I was so delighted to see them! As i stood waiting Lilo spotted me in the crowd and got stitch's attention and they both waved and pointed at my bag with stitch onit which they had seen teh day before hehe. I thought it was so cute! Then Lilo came over and danced to the camera...I will see if i can add a video clip from youtube...

[youtube:2k8cs1qx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7F4CKzCdSE[/youtube:2k8cs1qx]

luv Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

MinniesBestPal

My favourite memory is also one of my first!

I was 3, and it was during the 5th anniversary! There was some kind of show on at the castle, with fireworks and things (not quite sure what now!) but I just remember standing there almost crying because I couldn't see, and then my dad lifted me onto his shoulders, and the whole castle and main street opened up in front of me! I could see everything!

disney_donutter

I have so many treasured memories but one that springs to mind has to be my school trip and my first time in 2003, I know it doesn't sound like a great deal to some people, but in was in January so very cold, and the ice rink outside the Hotel New York was open, and all my friends went ice skating and I was watching them (Too scared too ice skate! lol) and I was just thinking oh my god I am in Disneyland, I can't believe I am actually here!  It was such a lovely trip and the last chance I really had before I left school to hang out with all my friends and not have to worry about work or anything remotely important like that.

I do have pics but I need to scan them in because I didn't have a digital camera back then!

I have so many more that I could share but this is the first one that I could think of!

MizzRabbit

I love reading all your memories! I'll also have to scan old pics because of the lack of a digital cam in 1992.

Snow_White_Girl, I'll definitely try it next time I'm in dlrp. That moment where Snow White is being carried by the prince sounds so romantic! I'd loved to have seen it!

Aveen, that was sooo cute! I can't believe you actually got it on tape! You lucky girl!

Use password]

MizzRabbit

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"My favourite memory is also one of my first!

I was 3, and it was during the 5th anniversary! There was some kind of show on at the castle, with fireworks and things (not quite sure what now!) but I just remember standing there almost crying because I couldn't see, and then my dad lifted me onto his shoulders, and the whole castle and main street opened up in front of me! I could see everything!

It's so sweet that your dad helped you so you could see all the magic! I'm glad you remember that 'cause that sounds like a very special moment. Not just being in dlrp but also having a great dad!

Use password]

MinniesBestPal

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"
Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"My favourite memory is also one of my first!

It's so sweet that your dad helped you so you could see all the magic! I'm glad you remember that 'cause that sounds like a very special moment. Not just being in dlrp but also having a great dad!

Yeah! I spent a lot of time up there in Disneyland! My brother would have been almost a year old, so my mum spent most of her time pushing him around the pram!

Squizz

My most treasured memory of DLRP is an old one.

My nan still has a photo of myself and my brother (he was only 3) on our first trip just after the park first opened.
Whilst walking down Main Street Mickey walked over to the 2 of us, took us by the hand and started dancing off down the street with us, Mum and Dad running along behind not quite believing it. That is one memory from EuroDisney, that i'll never forget, and everytime i visit my nan and see the photo I break into a huge grin.

ColdSun

I can't really name one memory but some that come to mind:

During our first stay (with my parents) I was just 9 years old and didn't really know what to expect. We had just arrived at Hotel Santa Fe, checked in and were on our way towards the parc. We were walking through the Cheyenne complex, there was nobody around and suddenly we see Chip and Dale strolling along (I guess they were heading towards their break). I was like  :shock: , almost frozen in shock (not a bad shock of course!) then the 2 waved at me and I just ran to them and hugged them and got pictures and my first 2 autographs :P .

Another memorable thing was when I finally met The Beast (had only seen him during parades before). I was already 18 but sooo happy to have my pic taken with him. I would show you the pic if I had a scanner, maybe someday. It is actually quite funny because we are not in the center of the pic but kinda to the side, so much to the side that Beast's one arm is cut off. I was commenting about that to my mom (who took the pic) and she said: "I know... I'm sorry. But I was just so excited that you finally met him!" Like it was Robbie Williams or something spectacularly famous... :lol: .

During my trip in June 2007 (I was with my mom), I had bought one of those cool play packages (Beauty And The Beast). In the evening we were having a drink in the bar in Santa Fe watching kids play. A lot of them also had those sort of play packages as I had bought but mainly Cinderella. Suddenly I spotted a little girl (about 8 years) that also had a Beaury And The Beast one and was just opening it. I observed her with interest for a while. She checked out all the figures, put them aside and played the rest of the evening with the Beast and only with the Beast. Since I had been about the same age when I fell in love with the Beast it was somehow heartwarming and amusing to watch her  :oops: .

Probably more to come... :wink:

The Butlin Boy

When I was about 7 (I think), we were watching the Imaginations parade, and at the show stop for the first parade, characters and other performers were selecting children to come up and dance with them, when Daisy Duck came up to me and pulled me into the parade. I couldn't believe it. Unfortunately, being that young at the time meant that I, like all boys of that age found girls 'yucky' and 'weird', so I got teased by my dad a bit :lol: Of course, I don't have those feelings now that I've grown up :roll:

Another fond memory was when I was chosen to sit on the giant Birthday cake in the Minnie's Birthday Surprise show for the 10th anniversary. That was also really cool because they picked us all out half way through the show, when we were taken backstage in Videopolis to get ready to be part of the grand finale of the show.  :mrgreen:

MinniesBestPal

One from my recent trip!
My brother and I were going to get a fastpass each for Big Thunder Mountain, but my mum wouldn't let us on without an adult. My grandma had gone to the toilet, so my mum asked everyone else. She said "I hate rollercoasters so I wont go on!" dad said "My neck is hurting from space mountain this morning, so I'm not going on!" and my grandad said "I recently had a heart operation, so I can't go on either!" so we were really disapointed because nobody would come on with us. So we went in the que for Phantom Manor instead, and my grandma came back and said "Hey, why don't we go on BTM!" and my mum went "Not without an adult! And nobody wants to go on!" so Grandma said she wanted to do some shopping and not go on phantom manor. After the ride we found her standing outside the exit, with 3 fastpasses for BTM, and cowboy hats. It was the best BTM ride I've ever had! Grandma sat behind us, waving her cowboy hat in the air and screaming "YEEE HAW!" every 2 seconds! She even posed for the camera! It was fantastic, and really funny!

MizzRabbit

Here's a picture from that special moment I mentioned in the beginning of this post! :D

I'm 8 years old and I'd gotten this really bad perm. Yes, perms were modern back then and my mom forced me 'cause she thought it'd be "oh so cute". I absolutely hated it. And that silly pink bow! Anyway, it's DLRP 1992 before the official opening. :D

[attachment=0:ocr945k5]eurodisney5_5.jpg[/attachment:ocr945k5]

Use password]