NonDisney: Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

Started by Anthony, November 21, 2005, 09:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

It was released on Friday and had the biggest UK opening ever, taking over £14m over three days!  :o It's HP4...

Anyone seen it yet?  What did you think?

Personally I loved #3, and I although don't think I like #4 quite as much it certainly felt like a much more action-packed film.  It wasn't quite the horror/thriller I can remember the director talking about though...  :(  

It seemed a bit more like the first two and feels really choppy - the story doesn't flow very well (not sure if it's the same with the book - i've never read them!).  They did a good job with the film though, it kept me very entertained for the whole 2,5hrs.  It made me laugh that they're obviously making the most of the 12A (PG-13) rating too, with Harry and Ron both swearing at each other (shock!). :lol:

Edit: The music was really good this time too, especially the opening few seconds/minutes...

Jorien

No i haven't seen it yet, because the premiere will be this Wednesday. I really liked the book, hope the movie won't have too many changes.
Can't wait to go and see it, but i know i will like the book more, as i did too with the previous movies of HP.

kate

i am a bit obsessed with harry potter ( a close second to disney  :wink: ).  i thought the film was very good.  they did leave some stuff out of the book.  i did think they did a very good job tho.
Kate, disneyholic who is having withdrawal symptoms!