Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfy74

I like the mickey toppers too, I dont think theyre needed, but I dont mind them, the 'thing' in front of the window thoughisnt good, it doesnt fit in. It will be interesting to see your pics in a few weeks masamune, to see how they look after a  few weeks

ford prefect

I love it!  I can't wait to see it for real!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Masamune

:P I have but a normal camera, so I won't be able to zoom in like 100 times. I'm sure they'll still be looking nice though, as they've only just gone up.

Agent Lex

My camera's pretty normal, but I managed to get one or two good zoom shots out of it. Mainly to see if I could.

(taken from Central Plaza)

Masamune

:P This is as far as mine can zoom.

Anthony

Thought "the Castle" now looks nothing like Sleeping Beauty Castle by day?

Wait till you see it by night... They have the flashing Tinkerbell, the pixiedust trail and ridiculously bright LEDs all over the new centrepiece, flashing constantly. Compared to the beautiful flickering LED candles of the 15th, it's just hideous.

I swear I saw fewer people taking pictures of the Castle this weekend... it just doesn't have any impact now.

But on to MMP as a whole, and after a bad first impression Friday/Saturday, when the sun came out Sunday/Monday I began to warm to it a little more. It's a reasonable filler until next year and there are some nice points. Certainly the parks feels fresh again after the 15th dragged on a little too long.

I'm surprised by the huge amount of merchandise they've created for the event. Will anyone really want a hoody or coat with "Mickey's Magical Party" on it? It's generally slightly nicer, brighter stuff than the truly ugly stuff they churned out for the 15th, but nothing about MMP will inspire people that much to want to own a souvenir of it.

Which brings me to a conclusion: The advertising is good, but once in the park, I didn't ever get a feeling of "Mickey's Magical Party". And I don't think anyone else was feeling it either. Because the main question you're left with is... what are we meant to be feeling? What is this?

lil-shawn

maybe it´s just me but i think the whole MMP is a bad job from the
entertainment department and from the ceo´s, this money they spend for
this stuff would be better used at refurbishment of all effects, and a
new nice show at the castle stage, and maybe a new paint at alice´s
or the castle, also disneyland don´t need a stge in front of the castle,
i never liked this idea, (okay the stage looks really good)
but i still hate this idea, the whole decoration ins not nedded too.

but i think am the only one who think like this, the stuff they do in paris are
not as good as it should be, the next thing is i hate, i was thinking this is
a international park and not just for french people, why they do more in french
and not in english... this can turn out bad for them, good that this is
not happen tha last 17 yeras but don´t say it can´t happen, you know guy´s
everything is possible...

Riebi

no it´s not just you :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Clarebelle

What is wrong with the show being in French? after all it is Disneyland PARIS in FRANCE. We have all accepted for 17 years that most of the attractions have French names.

Sorry but I just dont get peoples problems with MMP, Yes its another themed year, yes they are going to keep coming so whats the problem? why cant we just accept it? Its really not that bad if you actually go and experience it yourself, at least then people can make an informed judgement about it them.

As for the castle decorations, whats wrong with them? ok they are not the original spires, but they are not a million miles away, its not they are bright green and stick out like a saw thumb. I think that everyone should rgwt off their high horses and learn to have some FUN! all the kids I saw during my 10 day stay loved it and everything about it, so why cant we?

And why dont we look at the real problems here .... like the fact that those poor dancers have to put on FIVE shows A DAY, then leg it from one end of the park to be in Minnies Party train/get out of the way so we dont have two Baloo's seen in the park at one time :roll: they are running a very tight schedule, a bit too hectic if you ask me. I can see cut downs happening fast, im expecting to see less and less dancers in MMPT and less streemers, less smoke etc etc

At least this theme will continue to pull in a few extra crowds to fund refurbs and new attractions, not to mention the increase of sales in balloons and Mickey gloves.  I suppose you have to spend money to make money.

While I'm on a little rant here ...

Quote from: "Masamune"
Quote from: "Aveen2008"Thanks to Kristoff for posting the Video of the Press Launch on the previous page, it looked great I think! =D>

I don't mind the castle at all to be honest (I am probably the only one so don't hate me hehe!) I didn't like the 15th Candles though. I wouldn't want the big emblem thing to be there forever though, they need to take it down after a year at least....although going by the 15th we could have MMP until they turn 20! :P
I don't mind it either, but I was in no mood to get shot down by people who strongly disagree, so I haven't bothered posting in this thread for a while.

Dont you think that everyone is intitle to their own oppinion?
 =D> well done Aveen and Masamume for not being sheep =D>
[/color]
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Masamune

It's hard to express your opinion when you're in the minority you know? Especially when the majority of people here are getting so stressed over the situation. :P I know I'm going to have a fab time next week, regardless of all the negative opinions. It's my opinion that the Disney magic is gonna be there just as strong as ever.

Willow

Quote from: "Masamune"It's hard to express your opinion when you're in the minority you know? Especially when the majority of people here are getting so stressed over the situation. :P I know I'm going to have a fab time next week, regardless of all the negative opinions. It's my opinion that the Disney magic is gonna be there just as strong as ever.

At the end of the day thats the most important thing.
You are going to DLRP next week and going to have a fantastic time.

It doesn't matter about all the moaning on here about MMP being rubbish or there being too many toons. Millions of people, including yourself, will be visiting the resort and having a great time.

Once your at DLRP you don't care about the other things everyone has been moaning about you just want to have the time of your life.

The magic is still there people and small changes involved in themed years aren't going to make it dissapear.
And if you really think the magic has gone, don't go.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Anthony"Thought "the Castle" now looks nothing like Sleeping Beauty Castle by day?

Wait till you see it by night... They have the flashing Tinkerbell, the pixiedust trail and ridiculously bright LEDs all over the new centrepiece, flashing constantly. Compared to the beautiful flickering LED candles of the 15th, it's just hideous.

I swear I saw fewer people taking pictures of the Castle this weekend... it just doesn't have any impact now.

But on to MMP as a whole, and after a bad first impression Friday/Saturday, when the sun came out Sunday/Monday I began to warm to it a little more. It's a reasonable filler until next year and there are some nice points. Certainly the parks feels fresh again after the 15th dragged on a little too long.

I'm surprised by the huge amount of merchandise they've created for the event. Will anyone really want a hoody or coat with "Mickey's Magical Party" on it? It's generally slightly nicer, brighter stuff than the truly ugly stuff they churned out for the 15th, but nothing about MMP will inspire people that much to want to own a souvenir of it.

Which brings me to a conclusion: The advertising is good, but once in the park, I didn't ever get a feeling of "Mickey's Magical Party". And I don't think anyone else was feeling it either. Because the main question you're left with is... what are we meant to be feeling? What is this?

I agree it's definately something fresh after the long dragged out 15th, I dont think I could stand much more of it really! :?

Also I think the point you made about there being so much advertising but not much of a MMP atmosphere in the park maybe very true.. I haven't seen it for myself but i could imagine it being this way because at least with the 15th you knew we were celebrating its birthday of 15 years (well in the end 17) of "dreams and magic" but this party for a start has no perpose really but to bring in the crowds.

I guess it's a change and I do look forward to seeing something different when I go in September.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

Quote from: "Willow"
Quote from: "Masamune"It's hard to express your opinion when you're in the minority you know? Especially when the majority of people here are getting so stressed over the situation. :P I know I'm going to have a fab time next week, regardless of all the negative opinions. It's my opinion that the Disney magic is gonna be there just as strong as ever.

At the end of the day thats the most important thing.
You are going to DLRP next week and going to have a fantastic time.

It doesn't matter about all the moaning on here about MMP being rubbish or there being too many toons. Millions of people, including yourself, will be visiting the resort and having a great time.

Once your at DLRP you don't care about the other things everyone has been moaning about you just want to have the time of your life.

The magic is still there people and small changes involved in themed years aren't going to make it dissapear.
And if you really think the magic has gone, don't go.
:) You're so right. I think the last part is especially spot on. If people are gonna go there with plans to criticize and scrutinize everything they see, then what's the point in going? It's only for a year after all, so if your dislike of MMP is more important than your love DLRP as a whole, you just shouldn't go this year.

Kristof

Here's a commercial that aired up until last week here in Belgium for C&A.  Their Belgian department used once again DLP (and MMP) as their backdrop for their new Disney-themed clothing line.  

The entire commercial was shot in and around DLP. The children flying through the sky was filmed in front of a green screen in one of the Newport Bay meeting rooms, the parent's house was a random house nearby the resort.  Makes going to South-Africa for a commercial seem a bit ridiculous...

In French:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiXanBXHOiI

Willow

I like that advert better than the UK versions.

It feels a bit more magical, it would work well if they mixed elements with the UK advert and the Belgian advert.