Trip report 3rd-6th July 08 (mainly photos)

Started by Aveen2008, July 10, 2008, 08:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Hey,

I'm not very good at trip reports so I won't write too much but show you some of my favourite pics from the trip. It was a short stay in the Santa Fe and Disneyland this time. The weather was good except for the odd light shower and the parks where completely packed, it was chaos and I met someone who told me the waiting time for Crushes Coaster was 2 hours! My mum and I had to wait over an hour to get on the Studio tram tour as she loves Catastrophe Canyon!:p It was good to see the parks booming with people but it did make it harder to get about.
The VEA buses made the trip to and from Charles De gaul quite annoying. Instead of the red mickey bus collecting us from our terminal and going straight to the hotels, a free shuttle bus came saying disneyland on it and a girl who worked for VEA told us all to get on with our luggage, so we did. Then it took us to another terminal were we had to walk through the airport and over to a VEA special terminal and wait 30 mins for a red mickey bus to come. When it came it took them ages to get everyone on and when they did they sat and waited to see if anymore people would come even though the bus was full except for 3 or 4 seats! It was quite frustrating! on the journey back to charles de Gaul on the day we left the VEA buses were on strike but we were told other uses would be taking us, our buss arrived an hour late to collect us and then after it drove out the gates of the hotel it stopped to participate in the protest for a further 20 mins...it was annoying and there was many more problems at charles de gaul but that doesn't involve Disney so i won't mention it!
One positive thing i seen at the parks was many of the characters asked (with their usually understable body language of arm movements) were asking people to step back or sometimes their minders did and to not push, I thought it was definately a postive step towards things being a little more orderly but still think they could do a bit more to lessen the scrum for characters.

Anyway here is some of my photos!

The Character Express:

The Tower of Terror:

Me with Eeyore:

Me with Jack Sparrow:

Me and my beautiful little Stitch:

Me on the Carrosel:

Me with Stitch and Chicken Little on the Toon train in the front Lot:

Me with Cruella- wish she had of looked at the camera!

Me with Mary Poppins and Bert:

Me with Mickey and Pluto in Cafe Mickey

Me and Cinderella- I queued over an hour for this photo and I got their early!! She's my first Princess to meet!:

Me and cinderella again:

thats all my photos for now, i did get photos with other characters such as Jessie, Tigger, Radcliffe (pocahontas), Rafki, Goofy, Gideon, Donald Duck, Pinochio and Suzy.

Hope you like them!:)

Luv Aveen xoxoxoxox
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Thanks for the short and snappy trip report... :wink:  :D

I really like the photos, thanks for sharing them... :D/  :D/

never2old

Cool pics, thanks for sharing!!

PS Love your Stitch bag!

MizzRabbit

Love your photos Aveen! You look so happy! :D

Is the strike still going on? I leave on monday and I'm a little concerned now... :(

Too bad about the place being packed. Hope it didn't ruin too much of the trip for you. thank God for fast passes! :D

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Aveen2008

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"Love your photos Aveen! You look so happy! :D

Is the strike still going on? I leave on monday and I'm a little concerned now... :(

Too bad about the place being packed. Hope it didn't ruin too much of the trip for you. thank God for fast passes! :D

Hey aw thanks, I honestly don't know if the strike is still going on, I am sure they have probably resolved it by now, or at least I hope so! I have never seen Disneyland parks so busy, it was really packed full! If the strike was still going on don't worry too much as a buse will still come but it may take longer and the only way it participates in the strike is by stopping for extra time but hopefully it's stopped now.:) have a good trip..let me know about the VEA buses when you get back:)

Thanks Javey and never2old:)

xoxoxox
Luv Aveen xoxo

-breeno-

Thanks for the report Aveen :D

And great pics, thanks for sharing them :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

The Butlin Boy

Great trip report and photos, thanks for sharing them :)

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

Great pictures =D>  You obviously had a good time at the park :D  but not so much the journey there :(

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Captain Pan

Amazing Photos... Especially the ones with Cinderella... I agree with you too Cruellea should have actually looked at the camera!

burntsienna

Awsome trip report!
i love your photos specially the one with Eeyore!!
 :D

The parks were crazy with people! I've never seen a queue so large for Its A Small World before, it stretched out into that other undercover area near where the parade comes out, and then it was out in the open pit and all the way down the path to the IASW fountain thing.

Last year i had to wait about 2 hours for Crushes Coaster too! But i loved it.

Glad you had a good trip other than the mess about with the buses and airport!
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Aveen2008

Quote from: "burntsienna"Awsome trip report!
i love your photos specially the one with Eeyore!!
 :D

The parks were crazy with people! I've never seen a queue so large for Its A Small World before, it stretched out into that other undercover area near where the parade comes out, and then it was out in the open pit and all the way down the path to the IASW fountain thing.

Last year i had to wait about 2 hours for Crushes Coaster too! But i loved it.

Glad you had a good trip other than the mess about with the buses and airport!

I think It will be my last trip in high season, there was just too many people!! It was unreal!!
xoxo
Luv Aveen xoxo

Simbasgirl

Hi Aveen!

Lovely photos..really jealous of the Jack Sparrow one!!! :mrgreen:
8th visit to the magic coming very soon x

Aurora

HI Aveen, loved your pictures.
I was there last July and the park was also packed.Guess It`s school holiday season,
Showed the pics to my daughter, and she quicly said , she liked that bag with Stitch on it. So I like to ask you if it is to buy somewhere?
Aurora :D/  :stitch:

Rain

Your photos are fantastic  - you seem to have met so many characters even though the parks were busy. Gives me hope that we will meet some when we go next month - I was so worried that we wouldn't get near any because of the crowds.
Sounds like getting there was a bit of a nightmare - glad that things worked out and that you had a great time.
I love that Stitch bag - he and Eeyore are two of my favourite characters so very jealous of your photos with them.  :mrgreen:

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Aurora"HI Aveen, loved your pictures.
I was there last July and the park was also packed.Guess It`s school holiday season,
Showed the pics to my daughter, and she quicly said , she liked that bag with Stitch on it. So I like to ask you if it is to buy somewhere?
Aurora :D/  :stitch:

Hi I bought it from Ebay about a year ago because you can't get much stitch merchandise in the uk, except for when the Disney store gets something new in and it's never bags as they favour tinkerbell, the princesses or winnie the pooh and friends. I don't think they are still selling the same bag as mine but there are some others. I have 3 different onces at the moment.

Aveen xoxox
Luv Aveen xoxo