Future Project Rumours

Started by Kristof, July 08, 2008, 01:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Quote from: "Kristof"
QuoteOk, Well..that sucks! :shock:

Lol, come on... Did you REALLY expect that many big attractions in 4 years time????  :lol:  This just proves how vicious misplaced information can be.

So to sum up the a more reliable list:

2009: Playhouse Disney Live one Stage + Stars & Cars Event
2010: Toy Story Land with 3 attractions
2011: The Little Mermaid e-ticket
2012: Ratatouille e-ticket

And I'm sure there will be a few surprises along the way on top of that.

Well, I must say, I am very happy with that list. Especially the Little Mermaid and Ratatouille dark rides. :D I am not as keen on the Toy Story Land idea, but I'll just wait and see how it turns out. As long as the half-pipe coaster idea never sees the light of day. :roll:

I am a little confused about the Toy Story Land's location. We know Ratatouille will be behind AODA, and the article says it will be alongside that. So does that mean it will be at the end of the Hollywood Boulevard? Or will it be behind Ratatouille?

Kristof

QuoteI am a little confused about the Toy Story Land's location. We know Ratatouille will be behind AODA, and the article says it will be alongside that. So does that mean it will be at the end of the Hollywood Boulevard? Or will it be behind Ratatouille?

No, Ratatouille will NOT be build on the grass patch behind AODA.  That's where Toy Story Land will go.  The Tram Tour path will be re-routed (work will start by the end of the year!)  I'm not really sure where Ratatouille will go then.  Maybe on the far right on the current tram route or maybe even taking over Imaginations?

smurfy74

just wondering - would you expect any official announcements on the rumours when they post the next set of results?, these will be the first ones from Phillipe Gaz and im sure he will want to be seen as continuing the momentum his predessor has had

Japper

But the Little Mermaid wasn't sure?

QuoteThere is interest in the new The Little Mermaid attraction that is to be the cornerstone of the Magic Kingdom expansion in Florida and Disney's California Adventure Park but no firm decisions have been made.

But seriously, what are the chances now that we finally get the Theatre District or placemaking in the backlot? Instead we get a Toy Story Land?  :|

Kristof

Quote from: "Japper"But seriously, what are the chances now that we finally get the Theatre District or placemaking in the backlot? Instead we get a Toy Story Land? :|

It's not really clear in the article, but it's mentioned:

Quote from: "Laughingplace"Finally WDI will be adding place-making touches to the area surrounding AniMagique to bring the show building up to the same standard as the rest of Toon Studio. Production Courtyard will follow that.

lil-shawn

QuoteSo to sum up the a more reliable list:

2009: Playhouse Disney Live one Stage + Stars & Cars Event

hmm i´m very fine with that, maybe we get a big suprise when they confirm everything,
lets wait and see  :D

the only thing that dissapoint me is there is no talk about an extention of hollywood blvd and this is very needed...

experiment627

Now this sounds all good - and a lot more probable.

A few thoughts:

1. Great to read that they might do something about Animagique's facade. Last year's paint job was not really enough to make the building, well, pleasing. If I may have a wish: how about getting some inspiration from the facade of DCA's Animation building? And, while some work is being done, how about changing or updating the show inside...?

2. I wonder how they're going to design the transition area between Hollywood Boulevard and the extended Toon Studio... With the upcoming changes to the Tram Tour route, will they also move its station?

3. Now, who else is of the opinion that a Ratatouille ride (just watched the movie again this week - still my favourite Pixar...) just HAS TO HAVE a nice table service restaurant next to it?  :wink:

4. I seriously wonder how long Euro Disney can *not* update Star Tours, while the other parks (probably) get version 2.0 - I can understand that it's not very high on their priority list, but US-Disney might try to push it through...

5. Looking forward to "The Little Mermaid"!

6. Does anyone remember when the official announcement came for ToT & Crush?

All in all, good times are ahead of us.

experiment627

Quote from: "Kristof"2009: Playhouse Disney Live one Stage + Stars & Cars Event

Now, without wanting to sound greedy, but with the success of the 15th 2-year-celebration (with the opening of a major e-ticket as "grand finale"), could it be that they might try to pull something like that again for 2013?

Anthony

I'm surprised but incredibly happy to read via LaughingPlace that WDI might not be done with the old Animation Courtyard after all. The current look is no good at all. The planters look dead, the floor looks awful compared to any modern city square and the buildings are just as bland and uninspiring as before.

Quote from: "experiment627"2. I wonder how they're going to design the transition area between Hollywood Boulevard and the extended Toon Studio... With the upcoming changes to the Tram Tour route, will they also move its station?
I'd guess the station will stay in the same place for the next phase of expansion. So I'd imagine (hehe) that the route will take a sharp left turn out of the station, then join up with the current road where the first props boneyard currently is.

Quote from: "experiment627"3. Now, who else is of the opinion that a Ratatouille ride (just watched the movie again this week - still my favourite Pixar...) just HAS TO HAVE a nice table service restaurant next to it?  :wink:
Oh sure! If there's not a restaurant included in this expansion, we have to have a fan meeting protest where we all collectively bang our heads against a giant wall.

Quote from: "experiment627"36. Does anyone remember when the official announcement came for ToT & Crush?
11th January 2005, a pretty understated mention in the First Quarter results, with walls appearing in WDS literally the next week. It depends really - if they've already got a deal for financing in place, then they might be able to announce something with the Annual Report in November. That'd look great for the company. On the other hand, if any money is conditional on how well their Annual Report is, we might have to wait a few more months, till the First Quarter results again, for things to be finalised. Is that a sensible guess?

Kinou

Do you have a link of things you're read on Laughing Place about Toon Studios Anthony please?
Hug it out bitch !

Anthony

Here we go:
http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID512310.asp

It's interesting that they seem to mention Toy Storyland, Ratatouille, etc as being quite a certainty but then go on to add later almost as a supplement that they're still thinking of an attraction for the 20th and haven't decided yet.

As they say, the clock is ticking.

penfold12

I'm not complaining when I say this, really I'm not, but I am slightly suprised that the two major attractions that will open, in succesion around the 20th are planned to both be dark rides. I would of thought one dark ride, one differing style?

phantom247

Everybody has been getting very excited or upset by protential projects for the future of DLRP on the 3 main areas of this forum for over a month but calm down no decisions have been finalised yet! even though most rumors will soon become facts.  As no decisions will be made before the end of the month and before you ask me how i know and ask for some form of comformation forget it my friends job is more important than this forum.  On The other hand some on the forums preach doom and gloom don't read to much into this as all theme Parks have to find finance for expansions or new attractions and TWDC will not let Disneyland Paris fail there is to much at stake.

ford prefect

Quote from: "phantom247"Everybody has been getting very excited or upset by protential projects for the future of DLRP on the 3 main areas of this forum for over a month but calm down no decisions have been finalised yet! even though most rumors will soon become facts.  As no decisions will be made before the end of the month and before you ask me how i know and ask for some form of comformation forget it my friends job is more important than this forum.  On The other hand some on the forums preach doom and gloom don't read to much into this as all theme Parks have to find finance for expansions or new attractions and TWDC will not let Disneyland Paris fail there is to much at stake.

An interesting post with no real purpose, perhaps your "friend" will provide us with a retrospective when things have been confirmed.  Nothing personal, but "I know more than you know but I'm not going to tell" posts really annoy me!!! :x
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Anthony

Yes, and in fact although I don't dispute you may have connections, there's no need for any "I know someone who knows someone who says everything will work out perfect in the end" here because as far as I read, this forum is one of very few which doesn't "preach doom and gloom"!

Sure, some people are a bit hesitant about Toy Storyland and so on, but generally we're all still secretly excited about any new thing. We're DLRP fans. We'd celebrate getting new napkin designs, even bad ones.

Quote from: "penfold12"I'm not complaining when I say this, really I'm not, but I am slightly suprised that the two major attractions that will open, in succesion around the 20th are planned to both be dark rides. I would of thought one dark ride, one differing style?
I thought this, but they'd probably (still talking in the conditional here) be much more different than we immediately think. One's a free-roaming, no-track ride whilst the other a regular omnimover. And you couldn't get more different than the CGI Parisian restaurant of Ratatouille and the multi-coloured, undersea Little Mermaid world. There's quite a nice contrast there.

I mean, imagine DLRP being able to advertise that for real: RATATOUILLE and THE LITTLE MERMAID rides, within a year!! Two HUGE films. The advertising would run itself. I'd say multiply the excitement surrounding the opening of Cars and Crush by x10. And better still, these two would hopefully really deliver on the immersive themeing too.

Fingers crossed for a good Annual Report eh.