(I) Information Employees at DLP and WDS!

Started by montaguewarner, May 27, 2010, 05:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

montaguewarner

Who are the people that get you out of the way for parades etc that wear Black trousers and Red tops with a "i" in a mickey shaped outline on their tops?

Cast Members operate attractions, are welcoming, helpful and friendly!
Every experience I've ever had with these employees has been awful, are they contracted in or are they actually DLP cast members with grumpy attitudes are who rarely want to have a conversation with you?
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

norhel

Those in red and black are security people.
//http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8582
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

bigrossco

is it jsut me or could she look any happier... lmao
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

montaguewarner

Quote from: "bigrossco"is it jsut me or could she look any happier... lmao

Sorry this is my exact point! They all look so miserable! WHY?
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

kiki_304

Maybe "i" stands for ignorant.

Could it be that they are the ppl who audition for the fun parts and didn't get them? lol  They could be doing that job because they couldn't cut it at auditions and really want to be part of the Disney experience but got lost along the way.

Maybe we should all try and cheer them up.

kiki_304

I just watched the video linked above, There were security smiling, so maybe that was a bad day.

I am sure that not all of them are so grumpy looking. lol

never2old

I have to say, I have seen plenty of them who are very helpful, and all smiles. I've seen them singing and dancing along the music, laughing with each other and even joking with the guests.

So it could be that some of them don't look as happy as other CM, but I don't think you can generalise like that...

norhel

I'm thinking about that they can't smile 100 percent of the time. My mood goes up an down, and I'm guessing that the her mood that day perhaps was a bit down that day. And people are different to. She could be in a good mood, but the facial expression of her might be that way?

dagobert

Most of them were very helpful and polite. Of course it depends on the situation. If there are parades, shows or guest flow control, they are not so friendly, because otherwise people are just going to ignore them.
For example we were standing on Main Street and waiting for the parade and a stupid family besides us was always crossing the street while the parade was approaching. At first that CMs tried to be friendly and polite, but the family just didn't do what the CM said and so the CM got a little bit rude, but the family followed his instructions.

By the way CMs at WDW can also be a little bit rude and unfriendly during parades, shows or guest flow control. So that's no Paris or European thing.

RiverRogue

Quote from: "norhel"Those in red and black are security people.

Not quite. Security Cast Members wear gray/blue/black uniforms or plain clothes. These here are Guest Flow people and responsible for crowd control, i.e. safety and organization, during shows and parades. I don't think they're grumpier on average than other teams (heck, even on the photo you have the smiling Team Leader right behind the serious-looking girl), but when they seem impolite there's usually a reason for it, as has been pointed out above. Clearing a busy Main Street within a few seconds for the passage of the Character Train isn't the easiest or most thankful job, for example. That said, pretty much every team has its black sheep...

norhel

Quote from: "RiverRogue"
Quote from: "norhel"Those in red and black are security people.

Not quite. Security Cast Members wear gray/blue/black uniforms or plain clothes. These here are Guest Flow people and responsible for crowd control, i.e. safety and organization, during shows and parades. I don't think they're grumpier on average than other teams (heck, even on the photo you have the smiling Team Leader right behind the serious-looking girl), but when they seem impolite there's usually a reason for it, as has been pointed out above. Clearing a busy Main Street within a few seconds for the passage of the Character Train isn't the easiest or most thankful job, for example. That said, pretty much every team has its black sheep...

Sorry, my mistake  :oops:  :oops: