[DL/WDW] New 4th of July Fireworks show

Started by AmericanMouse, July 05, 2008, 02:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanMouse

A new fireworks show debuted this week in celebration of the holiday known as Independence Day in the USA (Sorry, Brits.)

The show, called Disney's Celebrate America: A 4th of July Concert in the Sky will become an annual event replacing a holiday themed version of Fantasy in the Sky.  Guests to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom got a surprise sneak perview on June 29th and July 1st.  The annual show will take place at Florida's Magic Kingdom Theme park at Walt Disney World and Disneyland proper in California.  Here's a video link of an edited down version (videowise from YouTube) courtesy of Orlando Attractions Magazine:

//http://youtube.com/watch?v=fqEQDKkKatU

Captain Pan

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"A new fireworks show debuted this week in celebration of the holiday known as Independence Day in the USA (Sorry, Brits.)

We need our own version of Independence Day now... And that will take place upon the inaugeration of the next president in January 2009 when Bush takes his final walk OUT (finally) of the Oval Office and The White House before Pardoning every person who doesn't deserve it!

We may not have an Independance day celebration but Paris celbrates two great British dates in the calendar Our Saints... St Paddy of Ireland (Just like Americans Do) and My Particular favorite Dydd Gwyl Dewi (St. David's Day: Patron Saint of Wales)...

Nice show... Very Pretty... Great use of Music (Yankee Doodle Dandy, Oh My Darling Clementine,  made me laugh!) Especially the Anthem at the Close... ( I wanted to be American At that point)

Malin

Disneyland Resort Paris has its own Independance Day of sorts named Bastille Day, which will be held on July 14th. This is the biggest fireworks display of the year and video of last years display can be found on here from that great website photosmagiques :D

viewtopic.php?t=966

As for the Magic Kingdom firework for July 4th very nice, but WDW night time entertainment has always impressed me.

AmericanMouse

Well Malin, I've known about the Bastille Day thing.  Here in Philly, one of the local restraunteurs here portrays Marie Antoinette at the old Eastern State Penaltentuary (a "prision" for short) and after she is "pardoned", she yells "Let 'Em Eat Tastykakes!" (a local bakery product.)  I also know about DLP's fireworks show there as I watched it on that YouTube thingy.

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"A new fireworks show debuted this week in celebration of the holiday known as Independence Day in the USA (Sorry, Brits.)

The show, called Disney's Celebrate America: A 4th of July Concert in the Sky will become an annual event replacing a holiday themed version of Fantasy in the Sky.  Guests to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom got a surprise sneak perview on June 29th and July 1st.  The annual show will take place at Florida's Magic Kingdom Theme park at Walt Disney World and Disneyland proper in California.  Here's a video link of an edited down version (videowise from YouTube) courtesy of Orlando Attractions Magazine:

//http://youtube.com/watch?v=fqEQDKkKatu

That's a nuisance, the link now says the video is not available. Do you know if it's just a download limit problem or has the video moved to another page? I would love to see it :)

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Malin

Give LaughingPlace.com a try, its got plenty of video and pictures of the July 4th Fireworks

AmericanMouse

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"
Quote from: "AmericanMouse""A new fireworks show debuted this week in celebration of the holiday known as Independence Day in the USA (Sorry, Brits.)

"The show, called Disney's Celebrate America: A 4th of July Concert in the Sky will become an annual event replacing a holiday themed version of Fantasy in the Sky.  Guests to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom got a surprise sneak perview on June 29th and July 1st.  The annual show will take place at Florida's Magic Kingdom Theme park at Walt Disney World and Disneyland proper in California.  Here's a video link of an edited down version (videowise from YouTube) courtesy of Orlando Attractions Magazine:"

//http://youtube.com/watch?v=fqEQDKkKatU

"That's a nuisance, the link now says the video is not available. Do you know if it's just a download limit problem or has the video moved to another page? I would love to see it." :)

The link has been repaired.  Just a difference between a lowercase and an Uppercase letter.

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

Thanks for that..........

No one does it better =D>

Well maybe the Aussies come pretty close on New Years Eve :lol:  :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

AmericanMouse

BTW, because of high winds, the show at Disneyland stopped halfway though the show on The Glorious Fourth.  They'll give it another go next year.