Accessibility — disability passes, questions, tips

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farailde

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on February 23, 2015, 08:26:43 AM
We always go to studios first as we arrive on a Sunday and it's a little quieter than the main parc, studio services is the same as city hall. Never had a problem and do find it less busy than city hall  ;)

Thanks! A little quieter sounds great :)

Farailde

Quote from: DLRPWonders on February 23, 2015, 08:38:37 AM
Most of them are, not always.

Le Pays de Contes de Feés is special gate.
Space Mountain is special gate.
Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast is special gate.
Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains is special queue.
Les Voyages de Pinocchio is special queue.
RC Racer is special queue.
Ratatouille is Fastpass queue.

Thanks for the info! Is it easy to see where those special queques are? Is there a wheelchair sign or something?

Farailde

Sorry I have another question:
For Disney Dreams, where is the Disability area? And if you're only allowed to bring 1 person, is it possible for the third person to stand really near by? I'm going with 2 friends and it would be very sad if one of us must watch the show alone.

nathalie

Pays de fees is basically the exit (or next to it).

Piniocchio and Peter Pan are next the exit.  Snow White I don't know, I don't do that one.
With buzz, it actually is the exit, but you are not allowed to go through yourself, you have to wait for a CM to be standing there, which can take up a lot of time at some occasions.  Last time waited for 15 minutes, and just left.

Ratatouille indeed FP, I forgot, only done this one once, but you must show the CM the green/orange card.

there's usually a wheelchair sign nearby with an arrow

For the special area's, they are roped off, so if you are in an area you can be next to the rope and the 3rd person can be next to you really, on the other side of the rope.

Farailde

Farailde

Quote from: nathalie on February 23, 2015, 06:03:29 PM
For the special area's, they are roped off, so if you are in an area you can be next to the rope and the 3rd person can be next to you really, on the other side of the rope.

How much time in advance should we go to that area if we want to have place for the 3rd person next to the area?
We're going on a friday in march, when there's no vacation in France.

nathalie

I can only talk out of my own experience, but when using it for Dreams, even then, an hour advance is no luxury if you wanna use the benches, or be in the "front row" (like, right in front of the castle).

But that's just my experience so far.

You can stand next to a rope, which is next to the street really, and the other person from your party can stand on the street on the other side of the rope.

Farailde

Wow, that's really far in advance. I was thinking 30 to 45 minutes.

Is it also an hour in advance for the parade? Or is that different?

nathalie

I'm usually not in the EAC spots for the parades, we usually sit down on the curb very early to have a nice spot, where I can film or take pictures very well.  But yeah, an hour in advance during high peak seasons sometimes, just depends.

Last year during the Swing into Spring festival, the first show we saw, it was completely crowded in front of the stage.
The entire spot where people could stand was completely filled up.
The next day when we saw the show again, in front of the stage, there was like, 3-4 lines of people, the spot looked completely empty.

cazspence

For the parades we have always found the eac bit benches gone early and I need a seat so we usually grab a bench up by Bella notre and small world as that's where it starts and so far have been maybe about 30mins before grab a pizza and a coffee and finish just in time for parade starting. Much less hassle.

Farailde

I think we're going to grab an Ice cream or something and than go to the spot in the beginning of the parade :).
I'm going in a wheelchair, so I don't need a bench. Just a spot were people aren't standing up in front of me so I can see something :)

moonloo

Hello, I hope someone can help me? I am off to DLRP on 23rd March this year for 7 days and will be travelling with my son who has aspergers. My question is whether the information I have is enough to get the easy access card. I have asked the Pead for a letter detailing my LBs difficulties, and although he said he would be happy to do this, he hasnt, and his PA has told me there is no way this will happen in time now.

I understand that letter have to be within the last 3 months, so within these dates I have:

1) a letter from the consultant stating that he has Aspergers and what medication he is on. It doesnt say anything at all about his difficulties nor how he will struggle in the crowds or queues!
2) A letter from DLA stating that LB recieves high rate care, low rate mobility.

Will this be enugh to secure and easy access pass? I dont want to waste time queuing at city hall and have to deal with the embarrasssment of being turned away, and even worse suffering the tantrums in the queus!!!

Thank you for any help you are able to give me!

polar vixen

As long as one of them is dated within the last 3 months this is fine, They will mark on the card that he has mental disabilities or the like,  - all cards on this basis give the same access.  if neither of your letters is dated within the last 3 months (as ours haven't been) I still took them and asked the doctor for a print out of his medical records which included his diagnosis (rather than paying £30+ for a doctors letter)

moonloo

Thank you Polar Vixen, I was worried that I dont have anything that specifically states what his problems are, since he would appear to be completely fine to most people. I was thinking I would need something specifically stating that he has sensory problems making it difficult for him to be queuing for a long time in a loud or busy area, that kind of thing.

friday's girl

Going in a couple of weeks with a learning disabled young adult (it will be her 26th birthday whilst we are there) and wondering if anyone can give me advice about character intervention in the parks. She's not the greatest queuer and so certainly wouldn't manage queuing for hours for the princesses - even though she would love to meet them.
All advice welcome.