Accessibility — disability passes, questions, tips

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

We're planning on going to the studios for our first day, is there anywhere I can get a pass for my two boys with add in the studios or will we have to go into the parks?

nathalie

I believe that if you don't have an AP, you must get the card at City Hall.

polar vixen

Can anyone shed any more light on this, I'm thinking if there's a day visitor who only has a tiket for the studios there should still be able to get a disability pass from somewhere in the studios?  We can go into the parks first, but it'll just seem weird going into the parks for the pass, but not looking anywhere, then going into the studios ....then back into the parks....

Gemma W

Can I just check something please :) My mum has chronic arthritis in her knees and ankles and uses a motorised scooter  to get around on. She has got a letter from the Consultant at the Hospital which outlines her condition. Will this be enough to get my mum a priority pass? and also if she is able to get a pass does this enable her to use it to for the character meets and greets?  Many thanks

paterdave2

Just go to the studio services.
If I am correct you can get the card there.
It is the same thing as city hall in Disneyland Park so it should also be able to give you that card.
If you want to be sure just call the reservation line.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

polar vixen

twentythingamabobs

Hi all, we have never used the EAC for Dreams before and was wondering where the area is? We normally arrive for Dreams just before it starts as the little one can't handle waiting in a crowd for any length of time really. So we were going to try the Disabled area see if that is any better for him so he might actually get a good view!  :D

polar vixen

The disabled area is in the central plaza, where the grassy parts are just in front of the castle, with the disabled area being on the left if you were looking at the castle.  Although this doesn't fill up, people still pushforwards in it, however if you hang to the back of it there should be enough of a gap between you and the people in front for your little one to see.

twentythingamabobs

Thanks so much polar vixen, that sounds brilliant we will definitely give it a go this year. Only 17 sleeps to go!!!  ;D

nathalie

There's also only 1 extra person allowed in these special areas.

twentythingamabobs

Thanks Nathalie, that's totally fine. There is just the 3 of us going so I am happy to watch from anywhere else as long as the boy gets a good spot!

littlebitofpixiedust

Ok although I'm up to speed on help if you have a blue badge (my son has cerebl palsy)
My friend is bringing her aunt in her 30s first time ever but she has learning difficulties and various special needs and my friend is a little concerned obviously I know Disney will be accommodating but she can get a little over excited ect and although I don't think people will pay much attention she's a little worried people won't understand ect.

Now without a blue badge can she acquire any assistance? She is in receipt of DLA but obviously doesn't not drive so doesn't have able badge. What proof would she need? Thanks in advance!!

twentythingamabobs

Hi pixiedust, Happy New Year :)

If she can get a letter from her doctor outlining her condition that will be completely fine! That's all we've ever had and never had a pick of bother.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on January 05, 2015, 10:58:12 AM
Hi pixiedust, Happy New Year :)

If she can get a letter from her doctor outlining her condition that will be completely fine! That's all we've ever had and never had a pick of bother.

That's fab! Thanks I'll be ther to make an appointment at the gps prior to our trip then Thankyou for that :) and happy new year to you too

jodlebug

We are getting annual passes to go this summer. Both myself and my daughter had long term heart conditions - last time we went a few years ago I took a drs letter and got a pass. The question really is that this time we are staying for two weeks nearby and want to do shorter days at disney to  make it easier for us. Can you get an annual access pass or what length of time can be given?

Thank you!