Accessibility — disability passes, questions, tips

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haribosmum

We are there half term too. I have copied my matb1 form, am sure there wont be a problem proving pregnancy with my bump lol
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

vivian

hi !
I can't seem to find or understand the price of a disabilitie access pass. My daughter has JIA and is in need of a wheelchair. ( among other things )
Is it the price as the anuel pasports ?
thanks !

nattylou

Our daughter has epilepsy, which is being controlled by medication.  She hasn't had a seizure for almost 9 months, including a 2 day visit to DLRP.  We didn't take advantage of the disabilities  facilities last year as our daughter was worried that she wouldn't be able to go on some of the rides if they knew she had epilepsy. 

We are going back this year for 5 days and am thinking of using the disabilities facilities, but the same issue still stands.

So, my question is; Would they stop my daughter going on some of the rides if she has epilepsy?

Thank you for your advice.

nathalie

I guess it's a big risk if something does happen, doesn't flashy lights (some parts in Buzz aswell) and such can trigger an attack?

nattylou

SHe doesn't have any sensitivity to bright lights.

nathalie

You know your child best, obviously  ;)  but it does say with some attractions, that people with certain conditions better not enter.

For everything out there, it's your own decision you have to make out of commen sense and at your own risk, which is something I guess only you can decide  :)

Thescrummymummy

We went last week, I tok a letter from my consultant about my pregnancy and we got an easy access pass with exception so I had 3 guests added. We had a great time. I got my pass at the studios in the afternoon and found the lady there really helpful, my dh didn't come in with me and took my 2 daughters with me and she said because they were young 3 and 5 she would add all of us on the ticket.

haribosmum

we got an easy pass for me (7mth pregnant) with 1 companion.  Then my daughter had the green pass for her with 4 companions.  Which gave us 7 in total although there was 8 in the party.  But as one of them was 2 the majority of rides that we could go on just let us all on (so we had 3 cars in buzz and took up 2 rows in small world).  apart from one time on small world when they said we could only have 7 even though the 8th wouldn't of taken up any more room. 
I have to say I was very impressed, we walked into the park on our first afternoon.  It was quite warm so I wasn't wearing a coat.  I picked up the park map and timetable and a minute later a Cast Member had rushed over to make sure I knew I could go to city hall for a pass due to my 'bump' :-)  Quite a few places in the studios (the indoor shows) the staff opened the gate rather than me walking through the turnstiles.   I guess being so obviously pregnant wasn't a bad thing at times!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Blue Eyed Angel

Does anyone know if bringing my scan picture will be sufficient to get a pregnancy pass?

cazspence

Quote from: Blue Eyed Angel on April 14, 2014, 06:46:47 PM
Does anyone know if bringing my scan picture will be sufficient to get a pregnancy pass?

I doubt it very much they are quite strict. will you not have your maternity notes? Or if not then you would need a letter from your doctor.

easyell

I am taking my family during May half term (23rd May) for 4 days.

My wife is 4 1/2 months pregnant so will get a letter from her Doctor as proof of pregnancy as I understand there is a pass she can get at the parks.

My 12 year old is Autistic with ADHD. This has recently been diagnosed and we are still learning how best to deal with his specific needs. It is a daily challenge but one we are embracing and hope to give him the same opportunities as his siblings.

My question is,  what passes are available for my son and is there anything I should be aware of when going to the parks.

I am gearing up for a trip to USA next Summer and was looking to get an Annual pass for DLP so that he can get used to the crowds etc so do not want to put him off by getting it wrong this time!

Elliot

polar vixen

I wouldn't worry about getting a pass for your wife, as the pass you have for your son should cover the rest of your family.  Just make sure you take a letter detailing his disabilities dated within the last 3 months.  This will grant you exit entrance to the rides, (just go straight to the exit, you may still have to wait a few minutes, but no crowds!), and a separate area for the parades, (although this only allows one carer, so  a card for your wife would be a good idea after all!  Also when it comes to character meet and greets, usualy if you show the attending cast member your pass, they'll direct you to stand at the side for a minute, let a couple more go, and then direct the character to you, so you can avoid any pushing or crowding.  We found ear defenders very useful.  We also downloaded laods of pictures from dlrp magic to make Disney pecs, with Velcro backs so we could do now and next for any main activities, restaurants etc, so that my sons could see where we were going before we got there.  we started looking at these a few days before we arrived.  Even pictures of the hotel room.  I'm not sure how long you've had the diagnosis for or what you already have in place.  But we found it helped allot to reserve tables before we went, and ask for a note to be put on asking for a table in a corner or against a wall, it helped our younger son particularly because he could angle himself away from everyone and block out some of the sensory input from a busy restaurant if necessary.
hope you have a fab time!

easyell

Polar Vixen,
thank you so much for the reply.

We only got diagnosed 6 weeks ago. It has been a constant battle (with my Ex wife) to get him assessed and has taken me Years to get to this stage. TBH I am relieved as now I know what we can do to help, just need to learn how to!

I think its worth getting passes for both of them as we will be there for one so may as well do both.

Pictures are a great idea. I did not even think about getting tables in a corner or by a wall. Thanks for that tip...it may be exactly what is needed...(obvious when someone else tells you!).

I am looking forward to it and hope it will all be okay there.

seony141010

Hi everyone,
We are off to Disney in December and I was wondering if the easy access pass allows you to go into a special area when parades or dreams are on, my mum is now partially sighted and has had brain surgery so I'm worried about her getting pushed or shoved, she is more than happy to queue for the rides she can go on.
Thanks everyone
Believe in the magic
Em xx

haribosmum

The pass gives you access to separate areas for the parade, but there wasn't anywhere for Dreams when we went in Feb.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20