Accessibility — disability passes, questions, tips

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

Am I nright in thinking the orange is for temporary disability whereas green is for permanent?

orangarnold

Quote from: polar vixen on October 16, 2013, 12:35:49 PM
Am I nright in thinking the orange is for temporary disability whereas green is for permanent?

I'd guess so, and I guess its at the cast members discretion at City Hall as to how bad they think you are

cazspence

Quote from: nathalie on October 16, 2013, 10:58:22 AM
If you get the orange card, be prepared that only 1 person can join the person with the card, regardless of little kids being involved.
(some tend to bend the rules, some do not)

We got on everything fine with our 2 year old. Even for dreams they let the 3 of us in the disabled seating area. Mind you they probably felt sorry for me as by that point I was doubled over in agony, but was damn sure I wasn't missing it. Lol

haribosmum

Just having a look on the new website and they refer to the passes as Priority and Facility now (I'm sure I've read on here somewhere that they aren't actually green or orange anymore either). 
It also says that a Priority card can have a max of 4 additional people (so 5 including the pass holder) and Facility is just 1 (so 2 in total).
Sounds like they're trying to reduce the very big groups I've seen before.  We're going in a group of 8 but we are there 5 days so plenty of time to go on things more than once and will just swap round which of us go on at which time with my daughter. 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

nathalie

That has always been like that or at least for a while now.

Green card +4 (lifelong illness), orange card +1 (temporary illness)

nathalie

Maybe someone here knows ...

My latest doctor's note for an EAC is from September 3rd.
Will this letter only be valid untill December 3rd, or is it valid for the entire month of December?

Doctor was a bit irritated to wrote that letter for the 3rd time this year  *blush*  And I'm a bit scared now to ask for one again, lol.

orangarnold

Quote from: nathalie on November 07, 2013, 07:59:12 PM
Maybe someone here knows ...

My latest doctor's note for an EAC is from September 3rd.
Will this letter only be valid untill December 3rd, or is it valid for the entire month of December?

Doctor was a bit irritated to wrote that letter for the 3rd time this year  *blush*  And I'm a bit scared now to ask for one again, lol.

As long as it's dated within the past 3 months

nathalie

But I'm thinking, because it is in early september, you would count the entire month, so it would have only last till the entire month of November, and not December anymore?

orangarnold

Quote from: nathalie on November 08, 2013, 08:00:39 AM
But I'm thinking, because it is in early september, you would count the entire month, so it would have only last till the entire month of November, and not December anymore?

Hmm, if its easy for you to get a new Doctors letter I would suggest it. If you're UK based a normal Sick Note works fine

nathalie

My doctor was a bit irritated last time I asked him for the note, so that's actually the only thing that's stopping me from getting another one, just to be sure, lol.
*needs to toughen up* haha

But thanks for the help though!

orangarnold

Quote from: nathalie on November 08, 2013, 02:04:08 PM
My doctor was a bit irritated last time I asked him for the note, so that's actually the only thing that's stopping me from getting another one, just to be sure, lol.
*needs to toughen up* haha

But thanks for the help though!

Just ask, the benefits of not struggling in a normal queue are worth it. I just wish when I last went I did it sooner with getting a pass, it would have saved me a lot of pain.

Thescrummymummy

We are going in feb and I am pregnant with spd so hard to stand for long period, anyone been when pregnant?

haribosmum

I'll be 30 weeks pregnant when we go in Feb.  There's really not an awful lot we can go on so I figure i'll take my big camera and take lots of photos and drink lots of hot chocolate to warm up.

My understanding is that if you take a copy of MATB1 form (if you're UK based) or some other proof you should be given a pass, but it's the one that only allows one other person with you,

Have a look on the website and you'll see the rides that can be done,  Frome memory, small world, dumbo, buzz are included, not many more but will still have a lovely time! 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

clarybell

Can anyone help? Make a wish are sending us to dlrp ( no dates yet). We have a choice of compassionate program during term time or extra time in the park during the holidays. Because of exams etc we cant go in may or june. July and august will be too hot for out daughter so leaves march easter or whitsun.
Anyway my question is..... does anyone have any knowledge of these trips and which way is best.
If we go in school hols we dont get the fast track passes but are they necessary for the times we would go. Feeling a tad confused and bewildered.

Thescrummymummy

Quote from: haribosmum on December 30, 2013, 01:57:22 PM
I'll be 30 weeks pregnant when we go in Feb.  There's really not an awful lot we can go on so I figure i'll take my big camera and take lots of photos and drink lots of hot chocolate to warm up.

My understanding is that if you take a copy of MATB1 form (if you're UK based) or some other proof you should be given a pass, but it's the one that only allows one other person with you,

Have a look on the website and you'll see the rides that can be done,  Frome memory, small world, dumbo, buzz are included, not many more but will still have a lovely time!

I got my consultant to write me a letter as won't have my matb1 form. I could spend all day on its a small world. I'm just looking forward to spending a week in the magic :)
When in feb are you going? We are going half term