Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril Backwards?

Started by KittyVogt, May 04, 2007, 08:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miss disney fan

aawww bless  :twisted:

A Happy Dream

Hum...that's strange! I watched a documentary on Travel Channel some weeks ago, and they said the attraction was very popular with the backwards version. They also said that the roller coaster had too many lateral G's, so they changed some things in the track to be less violent. But in their own words, the backwards version was a complete success!!!  :?

disney-dan

well its not like it now.

and please dont bump threads from 12 months ago, its very annoying
Have a Magical day!!

DD

Patrick

Quote from: "disney-dan"well its not like it now.

and please dont bump threads from 12 months ago, its very annoying

Please be a bit more polite in your reply's.

As for the video of the travel channel it was filmed back in 2000 if I remember correctly, and back then.  It was rather a success, if the queues back then were to be believed I remember queuing for it for ages, but with most things in dlp, no doubt maintenance came into it and it seemed to get less popular as the years went on with the backward motion, with an increased number of people complaining of headaches and so on.  So with a lowered guest satisfaction rating they reversed the ride back into the forwards motion, or that's what I think happened anyway.

Kristof

It was reversed in 2005 when Space Mountain went down for it's Mission 2 make-over in an effort to offer a similar experience.  It has remained the same since then.

A Happy Dream

Quoteand please dont bump threads from 12 months ago, its very annoying

I'm sorry...  :cry:

Kristof

It's ok.  disney-dan isn't a moderator.

disney-dan

Quote from: "raptor1982"It's ok.  disney-dan isn't a moderator.

good job eh...  :wink:
Have a Magical day!!

DD

a.newton

I was very pleased when they changed back to "forwards". I used to enjoy when it was forward, then they mde it backwards and it made me feel sick! After a while, it seemed to me that it was less popular, we never queued for any time at all and I noticed that "turning green" after riding it was happening to other people too!

I hope that they don't change it back to "backwards", I can stand a bit of rough riding and no ride at Disney scared me, but I can't bear to feel sick! My husband wont ride Crush because it makes him feel sick, I think Disney must do a lot to avoid that, I only saw that someone had been sick one time, after Star Tours, of all things!

The the CM's must really hate being called to clean up that sort of thing, yuk!