[DLR] Third park for Disneyland Resort?

Started by Remco K., April 26, 2008, 01:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

OCRegister has an interesting article about the Disneyland expansion.

The following parts of the article hint to an third park for the Anaheim resort:

QuoteAt some point, Disney might add a third theme park on 88 acres of land next to Disneyland and possibly operate two hotels proposed for the Anaheim GardenWalk, Grier told a crowd of about 150 at an Orange County Forum event Wednesday.

[...]

A third theme park was hinted at by Grier on Wednesday. "We do see a tremendous opportunity on our 88 acres of land," Grier said.

MinniesBestPal

OOOH! This is interesting! Do you know what the theme of the third park will be?

Owain

I read somewhere that Disneyland Resort bought a huge patch of land which is a strawberry farm and they promised to keep it running for 5 years until they can develop on it. And i think they bought it in 2004 so this sounds like where it could go.

Mind you with a failing park like DCA, they should only open a water park not another new themepark  :!:

Remco K.

Quote from: "Owain"Mind you with a failing park like DCA, they should only open a water park not another new themepark  :!:
Yeah, the failing DCA makes it a bit weird to open a thrid themepark. The plans they have to transform DCA in a Disney worthy themepark will take up some more years.

A water park should do the trick. The climate isn't really like Florida's, but there are enough hot days for a nice swim.

experiment627

Quote from: "Remco K."
Quote from: "Owain"Mind you with a failing park like DCA, they should only open a water park not another new themepark  :!:
Yeah, the failing DCA makes it a bit weird to open a thrid themepark. The plans they have to transform DCA in a Disney worthy themepark will take up some more years.

Is DCA failing? Has anybody got any numbers to support this argument? They are pumping a billion dollars (which, admittedly, isn't that much these days  :wink: ) into the park over the next five years... I doubt they would do that if DCA was a failing business.

Now, you can argue about any artistic flaws this park might have as much as you want... but Disney seems to think that DCA has a profitable future ... and the Disneyland Resort in general, as well...

Remco K.

Quote from: "experiment627"Is DCA failing? Has anybody got any numbers to support this argument?
I don't have any numbers at hand, but taking a look at the plans for the coming years it seems like they're not happy with the current park... :wink:

Again, I don't have the numbers at hand, and I don't feel like looking them up right now, but DCA sure is anything but a success.

experiment627

Quote from: "Remco K."Again, I don't have the numbers at hand, and I don't feel like looking them up right now, but DCA sure is anything but a success.

I never said it was a success, but I doubt that the theme park is a failure, either... In the end, they must believe they are getting a good return on investment by doing so much work on the park.

Remco K.

Quote from: "experiment627"In the end, they must believe they are getting a good return on investment by doing so much work on the park.
They're doing all this work in the hope it will lead to good results.