[TDR] - Castle makeover begins

Started by coruscantpt, April 03, 2008, 09:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coruscantpt

Well I didn't know they were doing a castle makeover for Tokyo Disneyland 25th celebration, but some pictures now show the castle partially covered and some spires in the lower part of the castle.
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

SMCD

Quote from: "coruscantpt"Well I didn't know they were doing a castle makeover for Tokyo Disneyland 25th celebration, but some pictures now show the castle partially covered and some spires in the lower part of the castle.

As you can see here; //http://www.resort25.jp/index.html, they will only dress up the lower parts. Not very spectacular, but quite nice looking.

Owain

Kristof

Our statues suddenly look even more stunning and classy when looking at these pictures.    :D

Malin

Quote from: "raptor1982"Our statues suddenly look even more stunning and classy when looking at these pictures.    :D

My throughts exactly raptor1982.

By the way any of you seen the TDR 25th Anniversary advert. Looks similar to our own 15th Anniversary tv spot, only much shorter.

[youtube:1lajdef2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHNX7f7nOhs[/youtube:1lajdef2]

Malin

New pictures are available from Deep Disney and it just looks so cheap and tacky. In my view the idea of Castle decorations for an Anniversary is for them to blend in with the Castle and not stand out like this one will  http://www.toms-net.com/DeepDisney/img2 ... 040512.htm

BlueClouds

I think it's a bit too much. It would look better if the decorations were more subtle, like those at DLRP :wink: . It does look a bit too tacky for Disney.
Yo ho, Haul together, hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, Never shall we die!

Maarten

Way too tacky for my taste. But well, if the Japanese like it I'm fine with it. It makes me appreciate the decorations on our Chateau even more.  :)

coruscantpt

I agree with you. Of all the makeovers done in all the castles around the world this one in Paris is the best by far.
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

MinniesBestPal

I wonder what Disneyland Paris will do for their 25th! Only ten years away! They're probably already planning it!

Did you know Disneyland plan a year ahead of themselves? For example, while we celebrated this years Easter, they prepared for next years! Making costumes and things! That way, if anything goes wrong they have a year to fix it!

empaire

Good because I caught the celebrations of the 50 anniversary in WDW, then the 15 anniversary in DLRP and now within 3 months I will be there at the celebration of 25 TDR
 :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
THE YEAR TO LIVE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!!!

Soap

Quote from: "empaire"Good because I caught the celebrations of the 50 anniversary in WDW, then the 15 anniversary in DLRP and now within 3 months I will be there at the celebration of 25 TDR
 :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Oh wow, impressive!!!  :shock:
Just can jealous about that.......
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney