Your Disney Merchandise Collection

Started by Masamune, July 03, 2005, 12:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

If you dont mind me asking, where did you get the fleece from? I am in love
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Masamune

Aveen - :D Thanks! It's actually a bit weird how I got into collecting Cheshire Cat stuff. I had always been a fan of Disney's Alice in Wonderland, and Cheshire was my fave character in that film. On our very first trip to America (California specifically), I visited a shop called Hot Topic. They were selling loads of this awesome Disney Cheshire Cat stuff, and I just bought all of it. :lol: That was on the second day of the trip, and I spent practically all my spending money on Disney Cheshire stuff before we had even visited Disneyland!

And that's actually how it started. So although I did love the Cheshire Cat before that trip, he wasn't my fave Disney character. Only after I bought all that stuff, came home and watched the film again did I decide on him being my favorite. :P And that's it really. I have so much Cheshire stuff now that it's not even funny. :mrgreen:

^^ The plush frame one was bought at our very own Disney Store here in the UK. It was a good few years ago though. I think I was about 14-16 or something when we had our first trip to America, and that frame was bought soon after we got back. The one holding the cup of tea was won in the arcade of our hotel when we visited WDW last year! :lol: I had to put about £20 into the machines in order to win enough tickets.

@ Javey - My fave unfortunatly isn't in full view on the picture. If you look in the background on the left, you should see a big purple head and two ears. That's my GIANT Cheshire Cat plush, and he is my fave. Out of the ones on the picture, I'm actually very fond of the fairly big one that's sat up with his two front paws together. He's to the left of the mini one who's sat inside a teacup.

@ Clare - :) The fleece was bought at a shop called Torrid in America. Torrid used to be a very similiar shop to Hot Topic, so I got a bunch of Cheshire stuff from there as well. Again, it was a good few years ago though when I bought it.

Aveen2008

I understand completely how you got addicted, I was kind of the same with stitch..once i started buying I couldn't stop everytime I seen anything of him lol! Although I try now to branch out and buy other characters hehe but it's hard, sometimes I just have to buy the stuff!

I only have 2 chessire cat things, one is like a little ornament with a furry tail and its meant for holding a photo and then a disney store plush that i got at a carboot sale a few weeks ago. I hand washed him, then put him in the washing machine with loads of lovely fabrich conditioner and then tumble dried him and hes lovely, I cuddled him in bed last night hehe...he matches the colours in my room great hehe! :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

^^ I saw your photo holder. I have that one too. :P I had to pay full price though as I bought it brand new from Clinton's along with a bunch of other stuff when they had that Cheshire Cat range. I'd love to see your plush as well! Is it one that you can see on my picture or is it something different?

:D And OMG, I bought the most amazing hat off eBay to wear at DLRP in January. It's from Tokyo Disney, and it's a plush Cheshire hat! It has his ears, a fur trim and his tail fastens around your neck! It's so awesome! It was a Buy it Now of £30 (with free P&P) on eBay but I e-mailed the guy and offered him £20 (because it's used) and he accepted! So yes, you'll be seeing a goofy photo or two of me wearing this hat very soon! :P

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune"^^ I saw your photo holder. I have that one too. :P I had to pay full price though as I bought it brand new from Clinton's along with a bunch of other stuff when they had that Cheshire Cat range. I'd love to see your plush as well! Is it one that you can see on my picture or is it something different?

:D And OMG, I bought the most amazing hat off eBay to wear at DLRP in January. It's from Tokyo Disney, and it's a plush Cheshire hat! It has his ears, a fur trim and his tail fastens around your neck! It's so awesome! It was a Buy it Now of £30 (with free P&P) on eBay but I e-mailed the guy and offered him £20 (because it's used) and he accepted! So yes, you'll be seeing a goofy photo or two of me wearing this hat very soon! :P

oooo brilliant, good deal hehe! :D/  It's the same Chesire Plush that's in your picture hehe! Just plain Disney store one  :D . I wish the Disney stores and even the park shops did more of the unusual characters - not unusual as in Mr.Toad :roll:  :roll:  :roll: ... but just ones like the Chesshire cat - characters who are not thee main character but are still well known! I get fed up of seeing Winnie the Pooh and friends everywhere!!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:P I've gotten a few bits of Cheshire stuff from DLRP. The ones that come to mind straight away are a plushie, a t-shirt and a cap that I got all in the same trip.

With DLRP I've always wished that they had Hunchback of Notre Dame stuff. It's set in France, so you would think that DLRP would honour that! I'd love me a Djali plush or a Frollo pin.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune" :P I've gotten a few bits of Cheshire stuff from DLRP. The ones that come to mind straight away are a plushie, a t-shirt and a cap that I got all in the same trip.

With DLRP I've always wished that they had Hunchback of Notre Dame stuff. It's set in France, so you would think that DLRP would honour that! I'd love me a Djali plush or a Frollo pin.

me2, I bought a djali ornament off ebay a few months ago! I love him and Esmeralda! I totally agree with you and have said to people before that it would totally make more sense to have Hunchback of Notre Dame characters and merchandise in DLP!

Do DLP sell many Cheshire cat pins? when was your last trip?
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:) DLRP has only ever had 3 Cheshire pins, all of which I've got. One is a Cast Lanyard pin (from 2006, so no longer available), one is a Once Upon a Dream pin of the Alice/Pinocchio float (from 2007, so that's all sold out) and one is an open edition one that actually only came out last year, so it should still be available. :P I picked the open edition one up when I went in January. The Parade one I bought off eBay and the Cast Lanyard one I actually traded off a lovely little French girl.

MizzRabbit

OMG!! I want one!!! Can I BUY one of your Cheshire Cat plushies???!!! I have one of them, and it's my FAV! But I sleep with it every night and now it's all dirty and not fluffy anymore. :( Oh you're soooo lucky. Cheshire Cat is my fav toooo! Even more than Jessica Rabbit.

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Masamune

Aww, I'm sorry Mizz, but I'd never sell any of my plushies. :P I'm such a hoarder, which is why I have so many plushies, despite the fact that some of them look very very similiar to each other.

:) There's always Cheshire plushies being sold on eBay, so you should check there. I think about a quarter to a third of my Cheshire plushies are off eBay. The rest are from all over the place!

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune"Aww, I'm sorry Mizz, but I'd never sell any of my plushies. :P I'm such a hoarder, which is why I have so many plushies, despite the fact that some of them look very very similiar to each other.

:) There's always Cheshire plushies being sold on eBay, so you should check there. I think about a quarter to a third of my Cheshire plushies are off eBay. The rest are from all over the place!

Ebay is great for unusal Disney stuff or just stuff that simply is no longer available in the shops! I love it! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

MizzRabbit

YAY! Found it on eBay! Hadn't expected that! I'll have my boyfriend get it for me for Christmas. :D In the mean time I'll settle for the one I have and my BIG Cheshire Cat. I love him! I'm also cuddling with my NYC Hershey's pillows haha.

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Masamune

:lol: If I could fit this one in bed with me I would. He has to sit at the foot of my bed though.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune"

:lol: If I could fit this one in bed with me I would. He has to sit at the foot of my bed though.

wow wow wow!!..If I could put it in Capitals I would WoW

He is amazing.. was he from Clinton Cards!! He is so gorgeous!! My biggest plush is a disney store stitch which was about £40 but even he is not that big!! :o  :shock:

:D/  :D/  :D/  =D>  =D>  Go you, he is fantastic!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:P That's the one. He cost me £150. :lol: Most people think I'm crazy when I tell them that. At the end of the day though, it's not something that everyone in the country has. Apparently only a few of them were made, and originally they weren't even going to be put on sale. So yes, I think he's very special indeed, and I very much doubt that I'll ever regret buying him.