Disneyland Resort Paris to be smoke-free as of April 2008

Started by Remco K., January 25, 2008, 01:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

It was already mentioned on some other forums, yet to be discussed here; Disneyland Resort Paris to go smoke-free as of April 2008.

What are your opinions on this rule?

Personally I carry this rule on hands. We're the last Disney resort on this globe to follow this trend and it's about time. Even smoking is already prohibited in all queue lines, still it's disgusting to be surrounded by smoking people when watching a parade.

madame_leota

thats absolutly brill!  about time too! i smoke occasionaly but i still think its great, mum on the other hard might not be quite so pleased, but oh well she will just have to cope!

Alpop

Just to get up to speed on this.
NO Smoking in Disneyland Resort Paris?

Is this just the Hotels?
and or the parks?
and or the entire plot of land?

Personally I embrace the idea as I'm a non smoker, but how far can it be enforced?
Sorry for al lthe questions.

Remco K.

The idea is to ban smoking in the parks. Just like the other Disney resorts there will be smoking spots set up throughout the parks. Those smoking spots will most likely be marked on the park maps.

The Disney hotels and restaurants on are smoke-free already.

Alpop

It'll be interesting to see how well it works with the UK visitors.
We banned Smoking in pubs last summer and it's un believeable the out of smokers that stand just inside the building, when they should be outside.

So trying to explain that you can smoke there, not here will be an interesting one to follow.

miss disney fan

Quote from: "Remco K."The Disney hotels and restaurants on are smoke-free already.

when we went in november last year we stayed in the disneyland hotel and when i asked about smoking in the hotel i was told no, but as i was leaving the CM she told me i could smoke in the hotel bedroom as its not class as a public area (stood outside they on the balcony to smoke thourgh)

i can agree with others about people smoking when your que'ing and eating, you dont want the smoke, i only even now at home smoke outside away from others as my son has asthma and nobody else wants to breath my smoke, fairs out to be fair for everyone

please dont shout at me  [-o<

miss disney fan

Quote from: "Remco K."The Disney hotels and restaurants on are smoke-free already.

when we went in november last year we stayed in the disneyland hotel and when i asked about smoking in the hotel i was told no, but as i was leaving the CM she told me i could smoke in the hotel bedroom as its not class as a public area (stood outside they on the balcony to smoke thourgh)

i can agree with others about people smoking when your que'ing and eating, you dont want the smoke, i only even now at home smoke outside away from others as my son has asthma and nobody else wants to breath my smoke, fairs out to be fair for everyone

miss disney fan

Disney_Princess

This is a positive step forward for Disney.

The amount of children that run about the place it's only fair they should be able to so it in a clean, safe, smoke free environment.

I'm all for it, if parents want to take their children to the smoking areas then its their choice, but smoking should not be brought to children.

I'd like to know what the penalty is for not smoking in a designated area is though.
[size=150]Every girl deserves to be a Princess... To be a Disney one makes you extra special[/size]

Anthony

If true, this will be incredibly positive for the resort. Hopefully it will also be strongly enforced by CMs when you're waiting for parades to begin for example, this is the only time it's really annoyed me.

So... let's Imagineer some smoking areas! :lol:

Owain

Quote from: "Baloo"If true, this will be incredibly positive for the resort. Hopefully it will also be strongly enforced by CMs when you're waiting for parades to begin for example, this is the only time it's really annoyed me.

So... let's Imagineer some smoking areas! :lol:

I was looking ay disney geek's Disneyland Resort photo updates before around the time it happened to the california resort. One place to smoke was by the exit to tomorowlands train station.

I think maybe somewhere in frontierland ?

Anthony

I'm guessing each land will need at least one area. Luckily DLRP has lots of hidden areas. Here's where I'd condemn...

Maybe somewhere in Main Street near Casey's Corner, Frontierland the toilets by Phantom Manor and the weird unused area between Big Thunder and the Keelboats, Adventureland perhaps between the Bazaar and Au Chalet de la Marionnette and near the toilets on the road to Indy, Fantasyland... not sure, near the Old Mill?, Discoveryland the old Star Tours queue/LOTLK ticket area, maybe near the Autopia exit/toilets.

Walt Disney Studios will be harder... Front Lot corner near Studio Services, Toon Studio maybe behind the Sorcerer Mickey planter, Hollywood/Production between Studio 1 and CinéMagique, Backlot part of the Moteurs queue they never use any more, opposite Cafe des Cascadeurs.

Hopefully they won't pick anywhere that means you're walking through a smoke cloud to reach something, or any nice areas that used to be good for relaxing.

a.newton

This is brilliant news, for a family of non-smokers anyway! It's quite a bold move by Disney, one that is bound to cause some grumbling by smokers, especially if you consider how many people smoke and where they shouldn't, in the covered queues mainly.

I will surely be easier to control smoking if the whole park (bar the designated areas) is a smoke free zone, but I hope castmembers will enforce it.

toonarmylass

for me personally this is a great thing, im a non smoker and with haveing a seriously ill child in the park i personly dont want him to take in any of the smoke which in effect could make him worse. i am not the only person to go with ill children. im also not one to preach, smokeing is a persons own desicion but they should not decide to let me or my son breath it in. designated areas are a brilliant idea. my problem with this being enforced by the CM's would be if they cant control people queueing for rides or characters for example how are they going to enforce the no smoking rule? are they going to hand out on the spot fines? i think this could be the only way to shock people into thinking that they can still smoke and get away with it. im sorry if my veiws upset they are not meant to i am an ex smoker and know what its like to need a cigerette.

I'm not sure what the national French policy on smoking is however I have noted in many recent pictures that a lot of rather ugly and un-themed no smoking signs have been put up. I know in the UK the signs have to have a specific 'look' but some national trust building and churches can change the design to fit the style of the building.

Does French law make them use the ugly red and white signs? Or is it just a fast cheap fix rather than producing lots of different signs to fit in with the specific location theme.

Thats what makes disney different little touches like themed signs for each location.