How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stifle

Space Mountain, on the other hand, is completely different – and Paris's version is much more intense.

trekchristi

How busy is it for the Halloween season (month of October)?  I see that many school kids have a week or two off from the middle to end of the month. Is this seen in the traffic in the park?

stifle

Quote from: trekchristi on August 16, 2015, 05:11:36 PM
How busy is it for the Halloween season (month of October)?  I see that many school kids have a week or two off from the middle to end of the month. Is this seen in the traffic in the park?

The last week of October and the first few days of November are amongst the busiest of the year, even busier than mid-summer. This is because of school holidays and the Halloween festival.

mkm1998

Quote from: stifle on August 11, 2015, 12:30:18 PM
1 Yes, those are amongst the quietest times at the park.
2 Probably, with judicious planning and use of FastPass
3 Correct – 60 days before booking date if staying in a Disney hotel, 30 days otherwise
5 The shows are all either bilingual French and English, have distinct French and English versions (indicated in the program leaflet which you can get near the park entrance), or have subtitles.

4 is the longest one – here is an imperfect list of similar rides. Where two names are given the attraction is the same but the names are not.

Main Street Vehicles
Astro Orbitor/Orbitron
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters/Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast
"it's a small world" (closed during your visit)
Peter Pan's Flight
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Storybook Land Canal Boats/Le Pays des Contes des Fées
Casey Jr. Circus Train/Casey Jr. Le Petit Train du Cirque
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (closed during your visit)
Mark Twain Riverboat/Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing (closed during your visit)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Meet Mickey
The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror (same theming, different ride experience)
Disney Junior Live on Stage
Jumping Jellyfish/Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop (different theming, equivalent rides)

Wow! Thank You so much stifle! That is some great info! In terms of fastpasses, the goal is to try and get a Castle Club room at the Disneyland Hotel, and utilize the unlimited Fast Pass option. I won't be able to book that until another month, so it's all based on availability, but I'm hoping that'll all work out.

Since it seems the hours during our trip will be limited with the park probably closing by 7p both nights, I'm figuring we'll only be having lunch in the parks, and dinner will be outside either at the hotels or Disney Village. I pretty much know where the two lunches should be (Blue Lagoon, Bistrot Chez Remy). What I'd like to do is make sure that our last night on property, which happens to be the last night of our honeymoon, is as special as can be. For instance, when we went to Orlando (which was our first big vacation together, and her first trip to Orlando) we ended the trip with dinner at California Grill. If you don't know the place, it's at top of the Disney Contemporary Hotel, and you can stand out on the roof and they pumped the audio from Magic Kingdom and you can watch the fireworks. She was in tears she was so happy.

So I'm wondering if there is any experience like that that can be had for an amazing last night at Disney Paris. It doesn't have to be a dinner with fireworks, as I figure we'll probably watch those from the park, but is there any one specific restaurant that anyone would recommend as special or romantic? From what I can tell the three best restaurants outside of the parks seem to be The Yacht Club, The Steakhouse, and California Grill.

mdw

Hi. We are going in 9 sleeps eeeeeeeeeee. Instant holiday weekend here, sat 29th aug- tues 1st Sept. Any ideas how busy it will be please?

Mileto

It will be busier during the weekend, last vacation days, if I am not mistaken.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Karen101

So just booked for next July ... Going Monday to Friday first week ... What's the crowds like ... I know the park is open till 11pm and we are staying at the Disneyland hotel so don't have much walking ...

Mileto

This is one of the busiest months in the year, everybody is in vacation.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Karen101

just as well the place is open till 11pm and we have the EMH then :)

we did Disney World Florida in August three years ago, i am sure it cant be any worse than that!

MissyM

Quote from: Karen101 on August 24, 2015, 09:54:08 PM
So just booked for next July ... Going Monday to Friday first week ... What's the crowds like ... I know the park is open till 11pm and we are staying at the Disneyland hotel so don't have much walking ...

Hi Karen. We were there last month from July 19th to 24th. It was our first visit so I've got nothing to compare it to but it was nowhere near as busy as I was expecting. We were up early every day for magic hours and got lots of rides and meeting characters done then. A few rides we even stayed on for another go because it was so quiet. Obviously it got busier during the day but we didn't queue for more than an hour (and that was rare). I think you just need to plan your day. During the really peak times we did things like Alice's maze or the tree house where you didn't have queues. Then later in the evening the queue times dropped right off again and we got loads more rides done. The one thing I would say is that the parade and Dreams got absolutely rammed so be prepared to get there early and stand your ground if you want a good spot for those.

I'm sure you and your family will have a fantastic time. We loved it so much we are going back in March!!!

MattR

Quote from: mkm1998 on August 19, 2015, 08:51:51 PM
So I'm wondering if there is any experience like that that can be had for an amazing last night at Disney Paris. It doesn't have to be a dinner with fireworks, as I figure we'll probably watch those from the park, but is there any one specific restaurant that anyone would recommend as special or romantic? From what I can tell the three best restaurants outside of the parks seem to be The Yacht Club, The Steakhouse, and California Grill.

Steakhouse is nothing special, I actually never had a decent steak there plus it is very wide and open.

The restaurant from Hotel New York is also nice.

I would go to the California Grill. In my oppinion it is the 2nd fanciest theme park restaurant in Europe after the 2 star restaurant in the Europapark.

Karen101

thanks for that MissyM!

we shall wait and see what happens, will go with an open mind, and i have to say last time at Halloween it was pretty darn busy and my little lady who was 5 was pretty darn good at the crowds.

we are staying in the disneyland hotel, so with a little luck we will be able to meander back and forth for rests and swims etc will certainly make sure to use the EMH!

stifle

Quote from: MattR on August 26, 2015, 10:31:14 AM
Quote from: mkm1998 on August 19, 2015, 08:51:51 PM

Steakhouse is nothing special, I actually never had a decent steak there plus it is very wide and open.

The restaurant from Hotel New York is also nice.

I would go to the California Grill. In my oppinion it is the 2nd fanciest theme park restaurant in Europe after the 2 star restaurant in the Europapark.

Fully agree with you on the Steakhouse. Been there twice, only ever been impressed by one thing which was the setting alight of the crême brûlée. Food is forgettable, noise is annoying, and it is just too big for there to be decent service.

California Grill is very hard on the credit card though :(

mrleebob

The first week of October (4th - 9th)?

stifle

Quote from: mrleebob on August 31, 2015, 10:23:17 AM
The first week of October (4th - 9th)?

I was there around that time last year. The weekends were very crowded but weekdays were calmer.