How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ellis

Quote from: markhughes80 on June 22, 2015, 03:55:08 PM
hi i booked to go Disneyland Paris from 7th-11th December and just found out its Spanish holidays on Mon 7th and Tues 8th, people have told me it will be mad busy but will be quiet towards end of week when Spanish holidays finish but to expect queues to be 45-60 mins if not longer when Spanish are there, I didn't realise it was Spanish holidays when I booked it and now worried first two days is just going to be spent queueing and not much fun with two young kids, how long are the queue likely to be will it be that bad.
thanks

No worries, I was there last year at the same dates (8th dec was a monday) and it wasn't too busy. Maybe a little more than it would be on a normal weekday in december... But no 45-60mins wait, (except BTM and Buzz)

Ohana

Mid November anyone? It might be written but I don't want to trawl through pages and pages of posts..
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

never2old

Quote from: Ohana on July 18, 2015, 10:42:23 PM
Mid November anyone? It might be written but I don't want to trawl through pages and pages of posts..

During the week it's OK - weekends expect big crowds!

Ohana

Quote from: never2old on July 22, 2015, 03:39:04 PM
Quote from: Ohana on July 18, 2015, 10:42:23 PM

During the week it's OK - weekends expect big crowds!

Thankyou :) Luckily I'm only there on Saturday until around 3pm before I go home (waa) so I get a relaxed week with an experience of the hustle and bustle added on :D
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Shirley

Hi hope someone can help. We're looking to book mon the 21st - sun the 27th of march. I looked up the french school holidays and they don't seem to be off on them dates. I don't know about the English holidays??? but with sunday being easter will it be very busy? Thanks for ur help

Ethan040

I went over Easter this year and it didn't seem that busy, not like it would be at Alton towers, we got on everything and met loads of characters it was brilliant, I never qued for more than 40 mins for the big rides the smaller less popular ones had small ques pirates of the Caribbean didn't even have a que at some times of the day we just kept running back on it.

I'm going 12-19th of September this year does it get busy over those days anyone?

Ethan

Mileto

It's very smooth and calm these days of September. Would could possibly catch the start of putting Helloween decoration.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Disney.Kate19

Hi there, I am going on 21st to the 25th March has anyone been around this time? What should I expect and how busy does it normally get at this time of year?
Thank :)

chicks99

Hi everyone,

I'm going 31st - 4th September, any ideas on how busy it could be? Ive never been during these times before :)

Thanks

Joyce_Disney

Quote from: chicks99 on July 29, 2015, 11:57:32 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm going 31st - 4th September, any ideas on how busy it could be? Ive never been during these times before :)

Thanks

You'll be good! You are going on weekdays only, which makes a huge difference. Holidays in most countries haven't started yet and it's just the beginning of the Halloween season (October 1st) so not that crowded compared to later in that month.
13-15 November 2016 Christmas time in Disneyland Paris

chicks99

Quote from: Joyce on July 29, 2015, 02:26:20 PM
Quote from: chicks99 on July 29, 2015, 11:57:32 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks

You'll be good! You are going on weekdays only, which makes a huge difference. Holidays in most countries haven't started yet and it's just the beginning of the Halloween season (October 1st) so not that crowded compared to later in that month.

Fabulous! Thank you :)

Joyce_Disney

Does anybody know how the crowds will be 3-7 January 2016? I'm guessing the 3rd will be a bit more crowded since it is the weekend, but how will it be the last Monday to Thursday from the Christmas season?
13-15 November 2016 Christmas time in Disneyland Paris

Komble

Sorry to ask again but...

Quote from: Komble on July 06, 2015, 01:17:27 AM
Does anyone know how busy it will be the first week of February 2016? We are booked to go from Monday 1st - Friday 5th... I don't think there are any school holidays? :) Thanks!!

I'm 99% sure it won't be that busy, just incredibly cold.

mkm1998

Hi!

I have a feeling that I already know the answer, but just want to double check to make sure. I'm going to be heading to Disneyland Paris on the tail end of our Honeymoon. We're going to arrive at the resort the evening of Monday, November 16th, visit the parks Tuesday November 17th and Wednesday November 18th, and leave on Thursday November 19th.

Everything I've read said that the park shouldn't be that busy on Tuesday Nov 17th and Wed Nov 18th. Just wanted to see if people on this website agreed.

So excited to be finally visiting these parks. Been trying to go for years, and since the Honeymoon we're planning is Europe, told the wife that there was no way I was leaving without visiting the park. Haha, had to twist her arm (not at all, she's a huge Disney fan).

Right now we're booked at the Radisson Blu, but if everything works out, I'll be surprising her and we'll actually be staying at the DIsneyland Hotel! Crossing my fingers that that will happen.

Anyways, so just need to clarify the following:

1.) Will it be relatively empty on Tuesday November 17th and Wednesday November 18th?
2.) With the crowd levels that day, should we be good to get everything done at both parks?
3.) We can't make meal reservations until 60 days, correct? Want to book dinner at the Ratatouille restaurant.
4.) Being from SoCal, we've been to Disneyland numerous times. Is there a list of rides that are exactly the same as in Disneyland Anaheim, so that I know what to skip?
5.) Do they have English versions, or translations for the various shows? When I went to Tokyo Sea, many of the shows had English subtitles. Just wondering if we're going to be 'in the dark' for most of the shows, or if there will be English subtitles or specific showtimes in English.

Thank You!

stifle

1 Yes, those are amongst the quietest times at the park.
2 Probably, with judicious planning and use of FastPass
3 Correct – 60 days before booking date if staying in a Disney hotel, 30 days otherwise
5 The shows are all either bilingual French and English, have distinct French and English versions (indicated in the program leaflet which you can get near the park entrance), or have subtitles.

4 is the longest one – here is an imperfect list of similar rides. Where two names are given the attraction is the same but the names are not.

Main Street Vehicles
Astro Orbitor/Orbitron
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters/Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast
"it's a small world" (closed during your visit)
Peter Pan's Flight
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Storybook Land Canal Boats/Le Pays des Contes des Fées
Casey Jr. Circus Train/Casey Jr. Le Petit Train du Cirque
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (closed during your visit)
Mark Twain Riverboat/Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing (closed during your visit)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Meet Mickey
The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror (same theming, different ride experience)
Disney Junior Live on Stage
Jumping Jellyfish/Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop (different theming, equivalent rides)