How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

How do you calculate the averages, do you take all rides in both parks? And you exclude all meet 'n' greets, including Meet Mickey Mouse and the Princess Pavilion?

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: never2old on March 14, 2014, 10:38:36 AM
How do you calculate the averages, do you take all rides in both parks? And you exclude all meet 'n' greets, including Meet Mickey Mouse and the Princess Pavilion?

Meet and Greets don't advertise wait times through the data service, so we never have them.

Averages are currently all rides in both parks.

We sample the data three times an hour (we plan on increasing this to a 20 sample), we average the hours data and remove any hostile data (i.e. ride break down half way through the hour may have just cleared and will show a 5 min wait) - then we create a master "known good hourly wait" and then we process that as required.

It's also worth noting the data doesn't come in "clean" - we have a script that has the sole duty of getting rid of junk.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

SVioletS

Thanks Trekkie! All the info you are providing is already amazing! Allready checked which counter service restos will be open and it made me change some things! ;)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

never2old

It's very impressive... I'm looking forward to seeing how figures progress through the year - particularly having the real peak times like summer or Christmas... Really fascinating stuff  :D

SVioletS

I would be interesting to see waiting time per ride during high/low/medium seasons... not for all the rides, but for the most popular ones. But don't know if it's even possible!

Yes, never2old, next year with more data available it should bring even more information!

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

never2old

Yes, average time per rides would be great!! Or per park - I wonder how much the average times in DLP would compare to WDS (particularly since the WDS average figures I'm sure are being seriously pushed up by Crush)

Anyway, thank you for all that work Trekkie101  :D

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: never2old on March 14, 2014, 01:57:34 PM
It's very impressive... I'm looking forward to seeing how figures progress through the year - particularly having the real peak times like summer or Christmas... Really fascinating stuff  :D

This is exactly what I'm excited for - a full year means we get real "full" data but also opens up the possibilities of year on year comparisons!

Quote from: SVioletS on March 14, 2014, 02:54:33 PM
I would be interesting to see waiting time per ride during high/low/medium seasons... not for all the rides, but for the most popular ones. But don't know if it's even possible!

Yes, never2old, next year with more data available it should bring even more information!
This is coming, for every ride. We'll have a ride database go live soon after the restaurant database is finished and every one will have a wait time comparison. The code alone is giving me nightmares but will be fun :)

Quote from: never2old on March 14, 2014, 04:10:04 PM
Yes, average time per rides would be great!! Or per park - I wonder how much the average times in DLP would compare to WDS (particularly since the WDS average figures I'm sure are being seriously pushed up by Crush)

Anyway, thank you for all that work Trekkie101  :D 
In all honesty, they're fairly similar believe it or not. BTM is the worst performer wait time wise in DLP. It also seems down most often. I'll put this graph up next!

Keep any suggestions flowing and i'll add them. Tiny bit short on time until next Sunday, then you should see a burst of new things/polishing. Glad you like it :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

minnieme

Hi,

Could anyone give me an idea how busy the parks will be during the last week of August please?

Thanks in advance

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

amanda08

Hi minnieme.. that is high summer and pretty much the whole of europe will be on holiday so it will be VERY busy. Unless the weather is bad which can help keep the day trippers away, be prepared for Q's. However if you make the most of EMH and  Fastpass, it is doable and you do have the advantage of fab long Disney days.  :)

dee

Hi I'm going next week thurs 27th March to mon 31st.  There is a cheerleading competition while we are there but there is also an AP blockout  :) .  Any idea how busy it will be.  We are going into Paris on the Saturday as I think this will be the busiest day. 
Thanks in advance.

switch15foot

What about the second week in October?  Specifically Oct 6 to 9?

BoristheSpider

Quote from: Trekkie101 on March 09, 2014, 11:20:40 AM
Quote from: BoristheSpider on March 09, 2014, 10:59:23 AM
17th-21st Nov? Xx

We have nothing predicted yet sadly.

From previous experience though, pretty good time to be there, won't be overly busy and you'll have the full swing of the Christmas season. Lots of extra's.

Quote from: amanda08 on March 09, 2014, 02:00:42 PM
Quote from: BoristheSpider on March 09, 2014, 10:59:23 AM
17th-21st Nov? Xx

I was there same time last year and I have never seen the parks so quiet  ;D ;D ;D  We walked on to almost everything - BTM 5 minute queue and Crush only about 15mins max  ;D ;D  NO having to wait for parades for a good spot and turned up for Dreams about 20 mins before it started and got a place almost just behind the rope in front of the castle

Great time to visit!

Thanks x

polar vixen

So, I've already asked how busy it will be 18th to 24th June, and we've planned to fo into Paris on the Saturday to avoid the busiest day, but I'm wondering if you have any idea what the weather will be like?  I kow there's always a chance of rain, but temperature wise do I pack jeans/shorts?  (packing for 5 kids I can't manage a full wardrobe for both hot and cold weather)

minnieme

Thanks Amanda08 ! I thought so, but someone told me it was just weekends at the end of August that would be busy and it would be quieter mid-week. I will go with what you say and plan for mad busy!

Thankyou!!

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

Samninetysix

Quote from: polar vixen on March 21, 2014, 05:20:08 AM
So, I've already asked how busy it will be 18th to 24th June, and we've planned to fo into Paris on the Saturday to avoid the busiest day, but I'm wondering if you have any idea what the weather will be like?  I kow there's always a chance of rain, but temperature wise do I pack jeans/shorts?  (packing for 5 kids I can't manage a full wardrobe for both hot and cold weather)

Don't pack for cold weather, maybe a thermal fleece for each and that's it. We've been in August before and it rained every day for 10 days straight but we've been in June and it's been high 30's!. We go in two weeks time and we'll be wearing normal clothes like jeans but a pair of shorts doesn't take up too much extra room either :)