How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amanda08

Quote from: BoristheSpider on March 09, 2014, 10:59:23 AM
17th-21st Nov? Xx

I was there same time last year and I have never seen the parks so quiet  ;D ;D ;D  We walked on to almost everything - BTM 5 minute queue and Crush only about 15mins max  ;D ;D  NO having to wait for parades for a good spot and turned up for Dreams about 20 mins before it started and got a place almost just behind the rope in front of the castle

Great time to visit!

disnick.322

We are going 26 - 30th May, i know these are classed as mid-season so the waiting times shouldn't be too bad, but does anyone know what the queues are like regarding parades and meet and greets?

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: disnick.322 on March 09, 2014, 05:56:34 PM
We are going 26 - 30th May, i know these are classed as mid-season so the waiting times shouldn't be too bad, but does anyone know what the queues are like regarding parades and meet and greets?

Parade, go up to Fantasyland and watch there, turn up 20 mins before and you should be fine :)

Meet and Greets are always on the longer side of waits, Mickey usually is lower.

Some stats: http://dlrpr.com/waits/stats.php
(It doesn't have M&G waits)

The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

disnick.322

Brilliant, thanks for your help Trekkie101

Alexz

How much difference is there between going in mid-june and the beginning of july? Is it much busier in july than in june?
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

never2old

danogian

Interesting that the peak average by hour on a low day is actually higher than the peak average by hour on a medium day, even though the overall daily average is lower.

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: Alexz on March 10, 2014, 08:59:35 AM
How much difference is there between going in mid-june and the beginning of july? Is it much busier in july than in june?

Not overly but it will be busier.
The Roundup

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: never2old on March 11, 2014, 04:49:22 PM
Quote from: Trekkie101 on March 09, 2014, 07:56:18 PM
Some stats: http://dlrpr.com/waits/stats.php

This is fascinating!!!

Thanks, happy to do any reports you like :)

Quote from: danogian on March 11, 2014, 09:34:08 PM
Interesting that the peak average by hour on a low day is actually higher than the peak average by hour on a medium day, even though the overall daily average is lower.

Two things cause this, our data set is still very small, with under 10,000 entries. Averaging doesn't work perfectly without us having more sample data to run on. However day by day this gets better. January and February's data was fairly dirty as well as our parsers weren't up to the task.

Secondly, "The Sunday Problem" - Sunday is habitually under rated by DLP, they'll rate it low on the seasonality scale while it's actually Mid or High, their reasoning will be to encourage people to stay longer than just a weekend by using lower seasonality to reduce prices. Sunday also runs longer hours than weekdays, causing the average to be distributed further, but having higher peak times. It all wraps up to either we bend the data to be "more right" or we stay true to the DLP stated data. I took the decision to stay true to the official data, and in future we will be able to provide much more accurate wait data, although for now, "low" days will seem higher than they are - I'll probably do the same graph again minus a Sunday.

---

The sites platform has expanded a ton over the last year, and now we're running more auto analyses than I ever thought possible. You should see the site grow even further over the next year.

The Roundup

danogian

According to the official site at http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/practical-information/before-your-visit/parks-hours.html, the closures of Armageddon and Studio Tram Tour in April are no longer happening. All the rest of the closures are still there though (gutted about Peter Pan & Crush). You might want to update your calendar Graeme. Also, on your calendar page, you've got a repeat 2014 label where there should be a 2015 one for the 3 months you've listed for next year.

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: danogian on March 12, 2014, 04:19:02 PM
According to the official site at http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/practical-information/before-your-visit/parks-hours.html, the closures of Armageddon and Studio Tram Tour in April are no longer happening. All the rest of the closures are still there though (gutted about Peter Pan & Crush). You might want to update your calendar Graeme. Also, on your calendar page, you've got a repeat 2014 label where there should be a 2015 one for the 3 months you've listed for next year.

Nice spotting on the 2014! :)

Oddly the closure feed still has them from the DLP data download, however the json data in their calendar doesn't. I imagine the data download only updates if a new calendar is published - although it really should encourage me to not be so lazy and instead re-write the closures to read from the calendar now that their included in the feed.

Cheers! will update soon :)
The Roundup

SVioletS

How will it be 9-14th April?
I'm planning on dinner + dreams on wednesday (9th), thursday and friday in the main park, possible studios on friday afternoon, emh on saturday and a relaxed afternoon in the hotel, emh + Inventions sunday brunch + studios on sunday. Monday is the day we leave, sob only emh for us.
Will we escape most of the weekend crowds?
Any recommendations?

Tia!
Xx

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: SVioletS on March 13, 2014, 08:31:19 PM
How will it be 9-14th April?
I'm planning on dinner + dreams on wednesday (9th), thursday and friday in the main park, possible studios on friday afternoon, emh on saturday and a relaxed afternoon in the hotel, emh + Inventions sunday brunch + studios on sunday. Monday is the day we leave, sob only emh for us.
Will we escape most of the weekend crowds?
Any recommendations?

Tia!
Xx
Nice planning :)
The Roundup

SVioletS

Trekkie, booked in September, had lots of time to do my reading and planning! ;)

You think it'll be too busy? I know zone c school holidays will start on 14th, but other zones only start closer to Easter weekend. I'm ok with busy, but no so ok with with "cant even walk around the park" busy...

Anyway, it's booked and payed for, we will have spring festival and DDs Birthday, what will be will be!

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: SVioletS on March 13, 2014, 10:27:02 PM
Trekkie, booked in September, had lots of time to do my reading and planning! ;)

You think it'll be too busy? I know zone c school holidays will start on 14th, but other zones only start closer to Easter weekend. I'm ok with busy, but no so ok with with "cant even walk around the park" busy...

Anyway, it's booked and payed for, we will have spring festival and DDs Birthday, what will be will be!

It'll be busy, but the park closing hours aren't at peak, so they're not planning on it being full. 

The sort of waits by hour your looking at: http://dlrpr.com/waits/stats.php (down to Average wait time on a high day, by hour)
The Roundup