New music for Studios

Started by experiment627, December 31, 2007, 02:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

experiment627

Well, instead of always dreaming up new attractions, how about addressing something that is so important to the (wonderful) atmosphere the WDS have: its music.

Especially the Frontlot music is among the greatest musical selections in any Disney theme park. But this music with its amazing movie scores was put into service in early 2002... almost six years ago!

In the meantime, there have been more great movies with wonderful scores... So, what movie scores would you add to the current Frontlot scores?

My choices would be:

- "Minas Tirith" from "The Return of the King" by Howard Shore
- "Across the Universe" from "Star Wars Episode 2" by John Williams
- extract from "This is Neverland" from "Finding Neverland" by Jan Kaczmarek (starting at 01:35)
- extract from "Enchanted Suite" from "Enchanted" by Alan Menken (till 01:35)

Any other suggestions?

Anthony

Great idea, and I particularly agree with Finding Neverland and Enchanted.

Although it wasn't that popular, the music of Treasure Planet (James Newton Howard) is still brilliant and so energetic in sections. The final half of "To The Spaceport" would be a very nice addition.

An excerpt from "The Incredits" of The Incredibles (Michael Giacchino) might fit, though it's a little fast. It could also be good to reference more of the attractions within the park, as the DLP opening loop does. "News Travels" or a new longer mix of the "Finding Nemo" theme (Thomas Newman) would be perfect.

My soundtrack knowledge/library is a bit limited when you beyond Disney. :wink:

Lordofthemightybeasts

Some great Hollywood romantic pieces, booming brass, lush strings and all that:

'It's Only Gold/End Credits' from Cutthroat Island - John Debney
'Willow's Theme' from Willow - James Horner
'Zorro's Theme' from The Mask Of Zorro- James Horner
'Summon The Worms' from Children Of Dune- Brian Tyler
'Battle With The Tartars' from The Golden Compass- Alexandre Desplat

Kristof

Summon the worms is being used already!  It's a great theme.  :)   I recognized it on Front Lot because a reality show here uses it in its intro (Peking Express).

experiment627

Hey Lordofthemightybeasts,

there's already a musical bit from "The Mask of Zorro" in the current BGM... (though I'm too lazy to look it up in my files now.)

I was watching the first "Spiderman" the other day and the main theme by Danny Elfman would be a nice addition as well... as would be - of course - "He's a Pirate" by Klaus Badelt from the first "Pirates of the Caribbean" ...

And Baloo, instead of the (otherwise beautiful) "Incredibles" soundtrack I'd chose the "Ratatouille Main Theme" to present Giacchino's work... (I'm quite curious what he's doing for the new "Star Trek", by the way... his take on the classic scores could be interesting...)

experiment627

Quote from: "raptor1982"Summon the worms is being used already!  It's a great theme.  :)   I recognized it on Front Lot because a reality show here uses it in its intro (Peking Express).

I am quite sure that this piece of music is *not* being used, considering that the current Studios' BGM is the very same as in 2002 - "Children of Dune" was first broadcasted in 2003... Also, they don't use any themes from tv at the moment. (Unfortunately)

Kristof

Hehe, I know, but still I've heard that song play on Front Lot.  :)  I don't want to go into discussion with *you*, because I'm convinced you know the loop by heart  :lol: , but really really really I heard this one.  If Baloo and Patrick wouldn't have been in the resort for the 15th annivery launch, and I would have said I heard Spectromagic play in Toon Studio, everyone would have declared me crazy.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Anyway, I like Trevor Rabin's National Treasure suite.  Parts of it can be used on Backlot. "Ben" could be used on Front Lot.

experiment627

I was watching "Spiderman" the other night and thought the movie's theme (by the wonderful Danny Elfman) might work quite well on Frontlot...

I'd also like to have something by Yann Tiersen ("Amélie", "Goodbye Lenin"...), but I'm not sure which piece sounds uplifting and romantic enough for the Studios' entrance loop...