trip report 18/11/2007 - 22/11/2007

Started by miss disney fan, December 02, 2007, 07:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miss disney fan

hi all, sorry its been awhile since i got back and not posted a report, but as you can tell i'm back online and i got afew pics to put in aswell, enjoy  :P

day one,
we walk around from the hotel to the new eurostar station in london and boy is it nice, not many shops are open yet but the building is far better than the waterloo station

we arrived in disney and thought it was best to go and get something to eat from Annette's Diner, but this was the 1st time we had gone on a sunday and never knew how busy it was going to be, so there was a change of plan to go to the park and find a hotdog stall for food  :? ,
we knew this was are only chance to go on pirates as from the monday it was closed for the rest of our trip so we managed to do this twice and then we went on phanton manor, by this time it was about 5.30pm so we went and checked in the hotel and with the bags sent up to our room we got the camcorder out the case had a coffee in the caslte up lounge and made our way to watch Fantillusion, we knew this was going to be are only chance to film it so i was stood waiting for nearly an hour so i could get a good view

and that was really all we did on our 1st day

day two
it was monday morning, we were all very tired from traveling the day before and were in quite good moods, apart from my son...

who was a sleeply as this all day  :roll: , today we had booked lunch at the lucky nugget for 12.30pm so we had a go on big thunder mountain, buzz, its a small world and then went for dinner, i cant believe what a good time we had with the characters and food, me and alex nearly made ourselfs pig sick there was that much we like

after dinner mother went back to the hotel as she wasnt feeling well, but what i can say is going on big thunder mountain twice straight after stuffing our face was not the best idea, we went back to the hotel ourselfs about 2.30pm to pick up the camcorder to film the once upon a dreams parade after that we had another go on BTM and headed back to the hotel, we had tea booked at the steakhouse for 7pm and had a walk around the village for abit till we went back to the hotel and hired a dvd to watch,

but what i havent said is that on the 3 rides we went on on sunday and all the rides we went on today, when my mother was with us they broke down, every single ride she was on stopped  :P  so towards the end of the day we were banning her from the rides  :twisted:

The Butlin Boy

Great report, I'm looking forward to the rest :)

Soap

Thanks so far Miss  :D  Great pictures and you've got a lovely son!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

miss disney fan

day three
this was the tuesday, we planned to go to the studios for the day, so off we go and then the rain started, and it rain and it rain and boy did it rain  :!:
we head 1st to the Studio Tram tour and had to wait for the cast members to dry the seats on the tram but it was a nice sit down  :P  after that we headed for CinéMagique and by the time we came out of that we we went for Animagique which i enjoyed as much as always  :)  by this time it was getting on for lunch time and we were starving so mum and alex went to the food court inside studio 1 and had pizza and soup, but me being me had to go and find a hotdog stand in the pouring rain  :roll:  while them two were finnshing eating i decided to face the rain again and get some nice photos from that area

after lunch alex wanted to do Crush's Coaster so i waited outside by the viewing area and was told the que line was about 30 mins which i didnt think was that bad from hearing other peoples waiting times  :P about 5 minutes after they went to que the Disney Cinema Parade started, so i went to find somewhere to try and get afew photos, but me being only 5'1 feet tall dosent help but i managed to get afew pics,

after the parade had finnish i went back to crush and about 10 or so minutes later the lights came on inside by the viewing area and it keep saying the ride would be restart, but did it did it heck, i was then laughing to myself after thinking mother and my son should be on the ride by now, so i rang her she said they were about 4 shells worth away from getting on the ride  :twisted:  so i carry on waiting outside bear in mind alday the rain had not ease off instead by now it was the heavyest it had been  :roll: after about another 15 - 20mins the cast members were then sending people back out of the que and had close the ride off  :cry: and so this is the closest i got i seeing crush or a shell with my mother and son in, but when you think back to the two days before when nearly every ride broke with my mum on it i can understand why  :P

after all that fun with crush we went to Art of Disney Animation and had a really good time we all love it in there how its so hands on alex hand to drag out after over an hour

after this mother had had enough and head back to the hotel (but if you ask me it was getting time for afternoon tea to be sevred  :wink: ) so me and little man set of for Armageddon but we had just missed getting in on that go and by now i was that fed up with being so wet and alex had got a sulk on again for not being able to go on crush we decided to back our selfs but 1st we went to the shop in the station so i could get a newspaper to stuff our shoes, but with how our luck was there was only french papers so i could'nt even have a read it 1st  :roll:
we had tea at Annette's Diner which as always was lovely, we had the cheese burger but with no cheese  :lol:  

after this it was time to head of the hotel new york as we were taking an eveing tour of paris and boy was it lovelly, the only problem we had was the bus, it kept braking down if it had to slow down for say traffic lights and so on, so we had to claw around paris but it was great

after this photo was taken the camera died  :evil: but it had had a hammering over the day, the photos were taken though the bus window and it was still raining  :(  how ever much i enjoyed the trip i would never go in to paris itself again the driving its awful, i'm more used to nice country lines  :P

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

Good fun, enjoyed the pix and report.  8)

Epcot_Boy :peter:

David

miss disney fan

day four,
today was the second day we had for extra magical hours in the morning so yet again i woke every one up for about 6.30am, we got in the park for about 8.30am and did all the rides that we open except space mountain, we went on peter pan and ended up going round three times as nobody was around and the cast members were very pleased to have people on the ride so after we had done every at least once we headed back to the hotel and picked up our things for the day, on our way out tiger was wandering around so alex went for a cuddle

back in the park we decided to go looking for some of the secrets that have been on the magic forum so we spent i good two hours or so hunting so of these down, we found the  pivoting rock (must have been the hardest sercet to find), the faint heartbeat from boot hill,

the window in sleeping beautys caslte changing from the rose to the dove (beauitful) we heard the dentist and found our way into skull rock

i think it would be easyer to name the sercets we couldn't find  :P , but we could do then all because the paper they we printed on had fallen out my pocket at some time,  :roll:
the rest of the day was filled with going on the same rides as usually eating of hotdog stands and having pancakes/crepes and then we set of to go mickeys winter wonderland, as usually it was amazing and donald still makes me smile

that night we could be bothered going out for tea so we cheated and had room service orded, but manage to go to the bar for a drink  :D  and then we fell into bed watching a dvd and that was that for that day

day five
today was the last we were there, i was up again for about 6.30 - 7am and started packing to the sounds of my mother and son sorning  :roll: i was very surprise as we had taken cases that expand and we didnt need that bit, you wouldnt have thought so though if you could have see what we had brought  :)  all packed we headed for breakfast for the last time and said our goodbyes to the recepition staff where we were gone another room key so we could still use the lift and go for afternoon tea, we slowly walked around the park going on the rides once more and at lunch time we had a booking at the silver spur but when looking at the menu it had chanced and there was nothing that alex would eat so i got sent in to cancel the booking and went again to the lucky nugget and this time i think there were more characters that came out which was nice

the character in the last photo took a liking to alex and made sure he kept walking past alex and pointing to him in a nasty manner which i found very funny  :P
after lunch we took a nice gentle trip on molly brown and took some really good photos

and then there was one last thing i wanted to do that i dont thing i had done in the other visits to disney and that was Le Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin, i got a load of photos and enjoy looking at all the work that had gone into the models

after this it was getting on for 4pm so we said goodbye to the park and headed back to the hotel for our last afternoon tea and then it was off to the village for our finally meal at Annette's Diner and then had a slow walk around the village and then headed for the eurostar station for the journey home, well when i say home i'm meaning to london for the night

journey home,
on a bus at 10.30 from london and get back to our house at about 3pm and then there was more fun, it was alexs birthday so he had all his prezzies to open

and then it was back to normal  :(

my favorite ride was buzz lightyear i would need all my fingers and feet plus more to count how many times i went on that

my worst ride was....             cant think of anything

my favorite place to eat was lucky nugget

and my favorite photo is....

hope you have enjoy reading my trip report and sorry if it has bored the pants of you  :P

The Butlin Boy

Great report, I really enjoyed it. I wish I could be there now though :(  :wink:

miss disney fan

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Great report, I really enjoyed it. I wish I could be there now though :(  :wink:

tell me about it, it dosent seem two weeks ago that we came back, more like 2years  :roll:

Soap

Many thanks for sharing!!!!  :oops:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

Really enjoyed the rest of your holiday info. I have to wait until July/August of next year for my next visit so great reports like this help me get by until then  :lol:  :wink:

Epcot_Boy :santa:

David

miss disney fan

@ Epcot_Boy, i got to wait until late 2009 before i can go again  :roll:

Mr_B

Great report - it some reminds me of our holidays at DLRP - many thanks for sharing it with us.

Hopefully I'll be able to post a good one at the end of the xmas season.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....