Trip report - Day 1 (Trip 24 - 28 Oct 07)

Started by Bopshop, November 11, 2007, 06:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopshop

Ok - to set the scene.  Me and my Mum are the travelling party - Maw is also a veteran Disney visitor.  Was with me on 2 trips to WDW last year - was last at DLRP for New Year into 06.

I hadn't visited since the end of June.

Got up at 03:20.....shattered but looking forward to the fun ahead.  Drove to Prestwick airport and left the car in Car Park 3 and walked across to check in which was empty.  Got checked in fine and then went and had bacon rolls and coffee! Thankfully flight wasn't too busy.  In on time and got bags straight away.  Nice sunny day and onto bus and on our way to Paris. Into Porte Maillot and saw the Eiffel Tower and walked along to CDG Metro station.  Got our train tickets to Disney.  

We didn't even have to wait until we got there to start shopping! Mum bought a silk scarf and tie in the Metro station Got the RER to BSG – thankfully not too busy.  Off and walked to Hotel – B&B.  Got checked in straight away and the hotel looked great.  Got stuff sorted (Maleficent horns – check, lanyard – check, AP – check!)  Walked along to new Champion store in BSG and got some Disney advent calendars.  Got train along to parks and it instantly felt like being home.

Took some pics and got my Mum an annual pass with my discount.  Put stuff in storage and into park.  Into Town Square to hear that familiar music.  Up Main Street and over to AP Bureau.  Had a couple of things to sort out with my own pass and got sorted.   Went around and got a fastpass for Buzz – wasn't there last time my Mum was there so looking forward to seeing if she enjoyed it.  Into Constellations to see what new stuff there was.  Took a walk up into Fantasyland and past the Tea Cups – some characters out which were mobbed!  Over by the pin station and Mum got us the Halloween pin packs and also the Christmas one for my girlfriend so she has it for our visit at New Year.   Got a donut and some drinks and headed over by Pirates which was down – there were a load of CM's out in front of it.   Took a walk over to the Castle and went down the side.  Went down the Discovery arcade and grabbed a spot for the parades.  Watched the Halloween pre-parade – it was so good to see the Pink Witches out in force again.

Watched the OUAD Parade – Mum was horrified at Mickey's purple outfit!  

Took a walk up through the busy shops and into Frontierland – great to see all the Halloween decorations up.  

Pumpkin guys walking about.  Got a quick pic with Pink Witch.  

Took a walk up to the Witches Academy area.  Got my pic with Halloween Clarice – also saw Lilo and Daisy under a scrum of people somewhere! Sat and watched the Minnie and the Bat Boys show which was really good.  

Took a walk up to see the new Woody's Roundup location. Troll guys were out by Cookout Barbecue – strange but funny!  Pumpkin guys came out to do the Pinata and snuck up behind my Mum and scared the hell out of her!! :rotfl2: Took a walk down by Big Thunder.  Into shop and got the Minnie Witch plush and the LE Halloween pins. Went and did Phantom Manor with no wait – was excellent as always. Saw Stilt Walkers out in Frontierland. Over to Discoveryland and did Buzz – was cool.

Mum enjoyed it despite my winning......hehe.  Took a walk through Videopolis and then did Star Tours.  Park was not busy at all. Up into Fantasyland and got pics with Chip & Dale, Hook.  Tigger also out. Around and down through the Castle.  Loving the Halloween music playing. Headed out of the park and got my package.  Over to the Village and got in the queue for Annette's. Was a bit busy but they took our details and gave us a buzzer – was able to walk around the shops.  Only took about 20 minutes. Halloween stuff on in the Village.  Into Annette's – amazing burgers.  Out and got train back to BSG and to hotel.  Great first day at the parks!

The Butlin Boy

Great report and pictures, I love the Buzz photo :)