Disney Resort in Hawaii

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 03, 2007, 05:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Could Disneyland be going to Hawaii?

Quote from: "Screamscape"(10/2/07) The local news in Hawaii is claiming that Disney may be looking at a site on Ohau near Diamondhead to build a possible Disney branded resort hotel.

Source: Screamscape
 :arrow: http://www.screamscape.com/html/industr ... htm#Disney

PetiteSirene

It only says Resort Hotel... Surely if they meant the park they would say park instead of hotel?  :-k

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Owain

Not in a nasty way butlin boy, but i think you should change the topic name. To something like " Disneyland Hotel in Hawaii ". As people may get the wrong information.

But all in all Great information !  :)

The Butlin Boy

Sorry folks, name changed! :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Screamscape"(10/4/07) Disney has confirmed the news that they have purchased 21 acres of oceanfront property in Oahu

(Hawaii) to build the first Disney resort not connected to a nearby theme park property that will feature both hotel room and vacation-club villas (DVC). (Note – Disney has previously built two off-site DVC resorts at Hilton Head, SC and Vero Beach, FL).
  The new Hawaiian resort will have over 800 guest rooms and be designed to be an immersive experience, though exact details are not currently available as the project's design has not been finalized. Construction will start in 2008 and they are shooting for it to open in 2011.

Looks pretty good :)

:arrow: http://www.screamscape.com/html/industr ... htm#Disney

Anthony

Cool news! It's certainly an easier way to get a Polynesian theme. :wink:

Soap

Wow, indeed a great add to the Disney globalisation  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Owain

Looks great !  :)

RnRCj

That looks beautiful! I wouldn't mind staying there :wink:

Alpop

I think Disney are doing a fantastic job at creating a "********" experience.
Recently I've been analysing things that are successful ie. restaurants, hotels, theme parks etc. Disney are always top  of my list as they spend the money and do the theming well and create an experience. So I think that a week at this resort wouldn't be a holiday break, but a holiday experience.

***Sorry for saying experience too many times!****