New parade and show coming??

Started by Kristof, April 20, 2005, 01:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

I just read this post by a non-registered member at the dlp.info forum...

"I was in Salon Mickey on Monday, and guess who walked in... Andre Lacroix.

He was chatting to some of the shareholders and families and I managed to have a short chat to him.

Firstly he is a really nice person, so friendly and he really knows about Disney and what guests want and expect from a Disney park.

I asked him if there is any plans for a new parade for Disneyland Park, and I was suprised learn that there will be a brand new parade NEXT YEAR! He said they are designing a brand new parade which will be launched early next year, with the new Buzz Lightyear ride. He also mentioned a name for the parade, but I was so star-struck I cannot remember exactly what it was, but I think it was like "the magic parade" or "magical parade" - though he sounded very enthusiastic about it.

I also asked if there was going to be any new shows to go with the new rides and he said something like... "next year we are going to have a new show in Frontierland, and in 2007 we will bring a new show too Fantasyland"

I was really pleased to chat to him, and I really hope everything he says comes true."

Kristof

A new show in Fantasyland in 2007... That means Winnie the Pooh for another 2 years???  :shock:

Disneyana

If Winnie the Pooh will stay for another time of 2 years then this is getting very, very boring!!  :cry:  I would really like to see a new show  coming to Fantasyland sooner. But we will see. I'm now very curious what kind of Show it will be. I hope and guess it will be with the princesses, because there very popular in the last time. And of course a show with them would perfectly fit to the country and the stage.  :wink:  :cinderella:  :belle:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Kinou

Another "Non registered" poster crappy rumour which takes all that we knew (new parade for 2006) and add some personnal creations (the shows)
Hug it out bitch !

Poppy The Monkey

I don't think this is another "crappy rumour", all of this has been mentioned before, and I have heard Andre often visits Salon Mickey to talk to the shareholders.

So I might believe this persons story for now, and hope that indeed we do get a new parade and show next year!

Kristof

I agree with Kinou... for now.  

Besides, you don't have to be registered to tell lies.  There's one certain member who dances at the parades (I'm not going to say her name here ;-) )... She said that the princess Staircase was in rehab and would be added to the parade.  When I said the staircase was still backstage, she said I was a liar and asked the other members: who do you believe: an actual CM or a lying disney fan.   :x

(I know, I know... It's offtopic, but I'm still frustrated by this woman  :P )

Anthony

Yes, DLP.info isn't really the most trustworthy source for news about future attractions/parades/shows.  It's best to just use some common sense and a visit to a variety of forums, to let it all sink in and allow yourself to think: "would DLRP *really* do that?".  :D   That said though, these rumours about a 2006 parade won't go away...

WWODP really is getting bad now though, and perhaps the management have realised that this isn't something they can put off until 2007.  They could have also realised that 2007 should be the studios year, with it having both Toon Studios and its 5th Anniversary, and that it would be wiser to invest in Disneyland Park first.  A double-whammy of Buzz and a new parade is more inviting than Buzz on his own, so it could be possible they have made the decision for a new parade in 2006 after all.

As for the shows mentioned - in both Frontierland and Fantasyland - they're pretty obvious really.  I would prefer to see Pooh Bear replaced before Tarzan though, since it has been running for longer.  Tarzan also got changes to the show last year and new props this year, which is interesting.  It could just be that they wanted to make it a bit better for its final year(s), or it could be that it won't end in September after all...

So overall, everything's still up in the air and anything could happen.  We could get no new entertainment in 2006...  All this person's "encounter" with AndrĂ© Lacroix has provided is another oppertunity for me to groan and get annoyed because we've heard it all before....  :roll:

But thanks for starting this topic anyway, Raptor!  :lol: There's no harm in a bit of innocent wondering and speculation.  :D

Willem

I think the story doesn't sound very realistic. I can't imagine Andre Lecroix all these things (never officially confirmed before) to a fan/shareholder.
Besides that you hear more and more rumours about a new parade for next year. Also CM's who are in shows&parades tell this. Hope this is true. Still like the WWODP (except Dumbo, ow boy i hate those clowns) but I would really really really like to see something else finally.
Dream your dreams...

Kinou

Just think in DLRP logic:

With new attractions each year til 2008, why bother in changing shows in THOSe years? If they change the shows, taht will be between 2008 and 2012 to have sthing to promote!
Hug it out bitch !

Kristof

Quotemore and more rumours about a new parade for next year. Also CM's who are in shows&parades tell this

A friend of mine works at EPC and everytime I tell him about these rumours, he always has a good laugh.