New shows coming?

Started by Kristof, April 17, 2005, 06:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

I just read a press release on eurodisney.com about the launch of Mission 2.  I find this piece a bit interesting, although it's a bit vague.

"AndrĂ© Lacroix, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Euro Disney S.A.S said, "The launch of Space Mountain: Mission 2 is a further step in our strategy of innovation from the core.  Over the next few years, the resort will see the addition of new, exciting attractions and shows."

What could he be talking about?  What's your wish list for the Disneyland Park / Walt Disney Studios park?

:arrow:  Source: http://www.eurodisney.com/data/217.pdf

flor

A Marry Poppins show for Walt Disney Studios. They could use some ideas of the new London musical perhaps?

Anthony

Well I think we should definately be seeing a new show for Chaparral Theatre sometime - maybe even next year if the rumours about this being Tarzan's last year are true.

Mr. Pooh Bear on the "Royal Castle Stage" can't have much longer left either.  It would be very nice to have a Princesses show there instead, especially after they changed the name of the stage, adding in "Royal".

And then there's Fantasy Festival Stage which could really do with a new show to eat up some park guests during the summer and give an extra show option to further reduce the queues for LOTLK.  Since "Welcome to Wonderland" seemed to be a success, I'd hope to see something there sooner rather than later.

In Walt Disney Studios, there's Starring Cruella this year, with Lilo & Stitch and Good Morning WDS returning from last year.  This added to Moteurs and Animagique means the park is pretty full of entertainment now, though once ToT is in place then they may decide to add more - perhaps a night-time/evening show/parade?  :)

So all in all, with the new attractions added to the possible 3 new shows that we should hopefully be seeing between now and 2008 at the latest, the future looks very good indeed.  Infact, both parks will feel so totally differing in 2008 to how they did, say, in 2002.  :D

Kristof

Well I talked to one of the directors of the Tarzan show last year, and he told me about an idea that the managment was spinning around for quite some time...  A show building would be erected behind Festival Stage and the train track.  The service tunnel leading under the track would serve as the queing line.

The show would be a huge... Beauty and the Beast spectacle!!

But that was just an idea that never made through.  :cry:

Anthony

Quote from: "flor"A Marry Poppins show for Walt Disney Studios. They could use some ideas of the new London musical perhaps?

Ever since I got the Mary Poppins DVD I've wanted something, anything from it in WDS.  It's just perfect for the park.  It's a live action film - it's often called Walt Disney's crowning achievement - just perfect!

I'm not sure if a show would be a good idea though... Might be best to let the London one run for a while first, and even then I'm not sure how easily they'd be allowed to do it.  What I would like to see, though, would be a street set from Mary Poppins.  I'm not sure how they'd make it that interesting, but it would be cool. :)

If we're looking for a LOTLK for the WDS, then perhaps one of big musical Alan Menken-scored films would be a good option?

The Hunchback of Notre Dame would be excellent, especially since the resort is in Paris...

Or maybe Beauty and the Beast?  That one's touring the UK again at the end of this year, but it would be incredible if DLRP bought the sets and costumes to use afterwards...

Or Aladdin, even?  That one would most likely be a copy of DCA, but it'd still be nice...   If we ever get a proper Sunset Boulevard they could have a Hyperion-style theatre on it - like DCA, but way better.  :wink:

flor

a show during summer season in Festival Stage? I hope they'll put some good airconditioning in that building. If it is a hot day it must be burning hot beneath those glass roof  :?: