When did the different Resorts open to the public ?

Started by Javey74, August 27, 2007, 01:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Can someone tell me the location, dates and years for the openings (to the public) to each of the Disney Resorts, a sort of time-line will do.

I know Disneyland Resort Paris opened to the public on (12th April 1992), then (Euro Disney) in Marne-Le-Valle, Paris, France......but what about the rest as in:

Disneyland California, Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort Tokyo, Disneyland Resort Hong Kong and the Epcot Centre.....? Have I missed any? Anyone....

:?:

Owain

1. Disneyland, California. (July 17, 1955)

2. Magic Kingdom, Florida. (October 1, 1971)

3. Disney's River Country, Florida. (June 20, 1976)

4. Epcot Centre, Florida. (October 1, 1982)

5. Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo. (April 15, 1983)

6. Disney MGM Studios, Florida. (May 1, 1989)

7. Disney's Typhoon Lagoon, Florida. (June 1, 1989)

8. Disneyland Paris, Paris. (April 12, 1992) :D

9. Disney's Blizzard Beach, Florida. (April 1, 1995)

10. Disney's Animal Kingdom, Florida. (April 22, 1998)

11. Disney's California Adventure, California. (February 8, 2001)

12. Tokyo DisneySea, Tokyo. (September 4, 2001)

13. Walt Disney Studios, Paris. (March 16, 2002) :)

14. Hong Kong Disneyland, Hong Kong. (September 12, 2005)

Parkfisch

Quote from: "Owain"3. Disney's River Country, Florida. (June 20, 1976)

...which is now part of a hotel since it's no more attractive enough to be called "water park" due to the later opened "Typhoon Lagoon" and "Blizzard Beach".... AFAIK

Quote from: "Owain"11. Disney's California Adventure, California. (February 8, 2001)

I was there ! I was there ! I was there !  :D  :P

:lol:                  :lol:

Owain

Quote from: "Parkfisch"

...which is now part of a hotel

I dont no if its true, I heard its a rumour but it could become true.

Flounder

...which is now part of a hotel since it's no more attractive enough to be called "water park" due to the later opened "Typhoon Lagoon" and "Blizzard Beach".... AFAIK

AFAIK it's just rotting ... take a look at Google Earth - you can spot it there and it looks like everything but part of a hotel ;)

Parkfisch

Maybe it's true, maybe not.
BUT:
Do you really think you would see that on google earth ?  :lol:
I didn't say, it's not there anymore....  :wink:

Flounder

Quote from: "Parkfisch"Maybe it's true, maybe not.
BUT:
Do you really think you would see that on google earth ?  :lol:
I didn't say, it's not there anymore....  :wink:

I just know this from a guy who recently drove by old River Country ... by boat. And you can really see that using Google Earth ;) It does not belong to anything these days ... unfortunately :(

Javey74

Thank you Owain for that detailed list, much appreciated  :D

Looks like a lot more than I originally thought   :shock:

Kristof

Quote...which is now part of a hotel since it's no more attractive enough to be called "water park" due to the later opened "Typhoon Lagoon" and "Blizzard Beach".... AFAIK

From Wikipedia

Quote from: "Wikipedia"River Country was a water park located at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. It opened on June 20, 1976 and last operated in November 2001. On January 20, 2005, The Walt Disney Company announced that River Country would remain closed permanently. It is said to have been the world's first fully themed water park.

(...)

A long-standing rumor claims River Country will be made into an exclusive water park for guests staying at Fort Wilderness, similar to to Stormalong Bay at the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, but this rumor has yet to come to fruition.

Source

Masamune

:P Animal Kingdom was opened on my birthday, and next year will be its 10th Anniversary. :D I wonder if they'll do something special on the day. *Is so glad she gets to be there for it*

Anonymous

Quote from: "Masamune":P Animal Kingdom was opened on my birthday, and next year will be its 10th Anniversary. :D I wonder if they'll do something special on the day. *Is so glad she gets to be there for it*

You're only 9!??!!

:P  :lol:

Masamune

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"
Quote from: "Masamune":P Animal Kingdom was opened on my birthday, and next year will be its 10th Anniversary. :D I wonder if they'll do something special on the day. *Is so glad she gets to be there for it*

You're only 9!??!!

:P  :lol:
:lol: FOOL! I'm 20!

:P But my birthday is the 22nd of April, which is when Animal Kingdom was opened. ;) Same date, not same year. *Was born in 1987*

Dlrpfan

LOL!!! my brother and sister share Disneyland birthday too
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Quote from: "Flounder"

AFAIK it's just rotting ... take a look at Google Earth - you can spot it there and it looks like everything but part of a hotel ;)
To bad that that waterparc is closed now

Owain

I went there twice, it was a great water park !  :)