Disneyland Is Just For Kids

Started by CafeFantasia, July 31, 2007, 03:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

always_magic

Hi everybody,

This subject is a really nice point of discussion. I had the same experience, friends of mine said "Go to holidays in Disneyland, nah it´s for kids". Of course they don´t know what they were talking about, people who said that don´t know nothing, but i also had the experience to go to Disneyland with friends who thought so, and guess what! They were marvellous with Disneyland and now they want to came back once again!
I like go to beach in summer, but for me one week is enough, but i prefer culture holidays, know places, know people, and be happy and fun in holidays, and  dont think in nothing more than that.
I think, and studies tells that, more and more people is considering every year Disneyland as one of the great holiday´s destiny, it´s a place for fun, culture, big party, walk around, everything you want to do is there, and also you can go to Paris, to Provence, etc, etc.
So, next week i´ll be there once again!
See you.

(i´m from Portugal - Porto)

disney_donutter

I think the worst thing, is when my friends say. "oh my god disneyland again?! Don't you *ever* get bored going to the same place over and over again?" that gets right up my nose!

Soap

Quote from: "disney_donutter"I think the worst thing, is when my friends say. "oh my god disneyland again?! Don't you *ever* get bored going to the same place over and over again?" that gets right up my nose!

Same here, explaining it over and over again....it's just getting on my nerves  :?
It's a passion, a relegion, a fantasy, a living dream, being "home", etc.....all in one. It's just a pure happy place and thats a unique thing nowadays in our world....
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

disney_donutter

Exactly, disneyland is like my home, I feel so happy there, I am a little bit of a nutter, so It's nice fitting in with all the other crazy people. lol.

When my friends ask me that I just say, "well obviously not, because I wouldn't keep going there, would I?" then they know too shut up. lol.

Soap

:D  

Same here ..... I pity them for not feeling or knowing that feeling ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Goku735

Once they go to DLRP they feel more at home than what they said about it see once they comment about it they will soon change their minds completely but not everyone does that anyway.
Take flight and embrace the disney magic forever!

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "disney_donutter"I think the worst thing, is when my friends say. "oh my god disneyland again?! Don't you *ever* get bored going to the same place over and over again?" that gets right up my nose!

same, there is alot more to do at Disney other than sit on a beach :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Goku735

And lots more to do in the parks than just going in the sea of the beach or just going over to the pier and play in the arcade.

maji

when i "grow up" i will stop going to disney, so i reckon that i will be a female peter pan for the rest of my days and fly above those lesser mortals who havent yet been sprinkled with pixie dust !! we dont use the excuse "we are going for the kids" any more,we just tell people that no, we dont get bored, no we dont want to go to the "proper" disney and no we dont fancy going to the algarve or any where like it - the trips to disney are for us and the kids only come because they have to! we are aiming for the day that we leave them with grandma, pretending that we are going to tescos, and just keep driving until we get home to dlrp!!(only joking kids, we love you too much to do that :twisted:  :twisted: ) p.s. im still feeling a bit guilty about booking hong kong !!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "maji"no we dont want to go to the "proper" disney

That's the thing that winds me up the most - not the Disneylands just for kids, but the people who say it isn't the proper Disney, and adopt this air of superiority because they've been to one of the US parks.

Just because it's in France doesn't mean it's any less proper than any other Disney Resort!  :roll:

Goku735

Well techinaly must people prefer the American parks then here in france and they never heard of DLRP then they would be surpised that they consider Florida or the orignal Disneyland park the best. But that's my opinion on view of things for that.

Javey74

QuoteThat's the thing that winds me up the most - not the Disneylands just for kids, but the people who say it isn't the proper Disney, and adopt this air of superiority because they've been to one of the US parks.

Just because it's in France doesn't mean it's any less proper than any other Disney Resort!

I agree with Dark Prince here, I have heard people say that about Disneyland Paris, I find that Disneyland Paris has its own unique place along with all of the other US Parks.

Once I was there, I heard an American tourist who was standing in the queue for the obitron say that he has been to all of the parks in the states and Europe, and he says that every park has it's own unique attraction which makes all parks that little bit different, and worth visiting, no park is better than the other, they all have their wonders.

Also if anyone is arguing for the US parks, take this into account, the Thunder Mountain Ride is noted to be vastly quicker in Paris than the one in WDW, newer parks tend to come tried and tested from looking at other parks and with the advancement of new technologies come new innovations.

:wink:

Anonymous

There are several attractions in DLRP which are considered to be improved upon over the US attractions. We have a much faster and rougher Space Mountain than in the US. I know Phantom Manor differs from Haunted Mansion, and I believe Pirates follows a different order to the US version. There is no animatronic dragon underneath the castle in the US - something I love at DLRP, and always go to see several times while I'm there!

For me, I don't particularly enjoy flying, and I always like to bring back plenty of souvenirs from Disneyland, so the ability to drive there (albeit a long drive), is very appealing to me. I hate the idea of the long flight to the US, and hate the idea of not being able to bring souvenirs back even more.

At the end of the day, I want a Disney holiday. I'm not particularly bothered about all the other theme parks. I can experience all the things I want at DLRP, which includes the Disney atmosphere and characters, the parades, Star Tours (my main reason for going originally), Indy and the shopping.

Also, it's generally accepted, even amongst people who live in the US, that Disneyland Paris has the most beautiful, visually appealing Disneyland Park of all the resorts.

smurfy74

I agree with that dark prince and it seems we all get the same responses, a) dont you get bored going every year, b) dont you want to do the real disney this time and c) you dont have kids. All my staff know not to question my disneyland paris obsession as i always say to them  " dont you get bored going to the same club every weekend" and put the ball back in their court it soons hushes them up

Haz

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"There are several attractions in DLRP which are considered to be improved upon over the US attractions. We have a much faster and rougher Space Mountain than in the US. I know Phantom Manor differs from Haunted Mansion, and I believe Pirates follows a different order to the US version. There is no animatronic dragon underneath the castle in the US - something I love at DLRP, and always go to see several times while I'm there!

For me, I don't particularly enjoy flying, and I always like to bring back plenty of souvenirs from Disneyland, so the ability to drive there (albeit a long drive), is very appealing to me. I hate the idea of the long flight to the US, and hate the idea of not being able to bring souvenirs back even more.

At the end of the day, I want a Disney holiday. I'm not particularly bothered about all the other theme parks. I can experience all the things I want at DLRP, which includes the Disney atmosphere and characters, the parades, Star Tours (my main reason for going originally), Indy and the shopping.

Also, it's generally accepted, even amongst people who live in the US, that Disneyland Paris has the most beautiful, visually appealing Disneyland Park of all the resorts.

I have been to both US parks and Paris last year, i really do think the Paris park is better, cleaner, more developed, modern without losing any of the Disney magic.

Yes, splash mountain will help if it comes, but the rest,my view is better.

Yoy only have to go to WDWMAGIC/Jim Hill/Miceage, they are always talking about the state of the parks in the US, Disneyland has been getting some TLC of late and a lot of money has is being pumped in there.
All the Best,

Haz