The Return of The Wonderful World of Disney Parade

Started by Anthony, March 26, 2005, 05:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Someone just posted this on DLP.info forums:

I e-mailed DLRP about a possible new parade soon.

I received this, this morning...

Disneyland® Resort Paris,
26 March, 2005

Reference: 216645/333245

Dear Mr Wilkinson,

Thank you for your email concerning the entertainment offerings at Disneyland® Resort Paris.

To being with I would like to thank you for your fidelity to Disneyland Resort Paris and for sharing the magic time and time again with your family.

Upon receiving your email, I immediately forwarded it to the Managers at the Character and Parades department and having received their responce, I would like to take this opportunity to reply to you.

Unfortunately there is no plans to launch a brand new parade THIS year. With the launch of new attraction SPACE MOUNTAIN MISSION 2 and the improvement of the entertainment offerings in the Walt Disney Studios Park and also the upcoming improvements to our Easter, Halloween and Christmas offerings, we are sadly unable to allocate a large enough budget to produce a new parade this fiscal year.

We note your comments on our current parade, the Princess Parade, and you may like to know that this parade will perform for the final time on April 8th. From April 9th we are proud to announce the return of the Wonderful World Of Disney Parade, along with more floats, Disney characters and dancers, a new soundtrack will accompany the return of this popular parade in the Disneyland Park.

A manager at the Character and Parades department informed me that a new parade is next on the agenda for the Disneyland Park, and is already in the planning stages.

So please rest assured that we still endeavour to entertain our guests at the highest possible standards. May we thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Disneyland Resort Paris in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Charlotte Stark
Guest Communication

So new soundtrack for WWODP with more dancers, floats and characters.

Also a new parade is in planning!

Exciting stuff!

I hate to say it, but I could find a million things wrong with this email that suggest it really isn't from Guest Communication.  I'd like to be proved wrong, ofcourse I would, but there's just too much saying this was made up:

- Guest Communication do their best but they really are terribly unhelpful and unspecific when answering questions about things like this.  I'm surprised they went to the trouble of contacting the head of the "Character and Parades department"...

- What?!  Stating that they don't have enough budget this fiscal year to allow for a new parade? No. No. No. No. No.  It just wouldn't happen.

- Using capitals in this way: "Unfortunately there is no plans to launch a brand new parade THIS year" seems a bit strange, unless the forum member added them in.

- "a new soundtrack"  I really don't believe this.  No more Dancin' (A Catchy Rhythm)? No way!  They'd never get rid of it - not for the WWODP anyway.

As I said earlier though, I hope to be proved wrong and overall *if* this is a fake then they did a pretty good job really!  And if it's real - then bravo to the Guest Communications team for finally giving a good, detailed answer!  :lol:

Jorien

I've read it too. And actually i can't believe that someone gets a letter with that much information in it. Especially these last few weeks i have had some messages from dlrp and none of them were like this. Just like the message i recieved about the Halloween music, they couldn't exactly tell something, we just had to find out during the halloween season. But maybe he was just lucky, and finally found someone who wanted to tell us more.  :wink:

Jorien  :D

Willem

It would be great if there was a new soundtrack for WWODP, but it's hard to believe. Also the letter looks very strange. Or it is written by a new cm without being reviewed or it is fake. But is doesn't look like typical Disney-communication at all (like said before).
Also, apart from this mail, I can't fine any other sources telling about new music. Also not on french forums where cm's post...
So: I would like it very much, but I've my doubts...
Dream your dreams...

Kristof

I have a few friends at EPC who are dying to have a new parade song...  Believe me, if they were changing the song, I would know...  :wink:   Besides, a new song would mean a new choreography...

Kristof

I just asked one of my friends.  His words:

"What a load of bull s**t"....  :lol:

Jorien

Quote from: "raptor1982"I just asked one of my friends.  His words:

"What a load of bull s**t"....  :lol:

So it's not true then?  :lol:

babybert

i worked in the character and parade department last yr and know loads of people who still wpork there and iv not heard anything about the princess parade going, there were always loads of rumours about wonderful world coming back, we couldnt c why they never added the extra few floats seeing as DUMBO was in the PRINCESS parade lol! il try and find out if any of this is true! anyother cast members from last yr??? msg me! :lol:

Kris

Maybe the new music is a simple slight remix of "Dancin'". Exactly the same lyrics and timing, just a different style? There would be little need to reherse this music change as it's the same, with different sounds. Just a theory. I hope it could happen as Dancin' has been around for a lifetime!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Jorien

But i wouldn't mind! I like the song a lot. And i think it's a shame that it won't make its last year if the rumours are true. But maybe the new version is great too, you'll never know.  :wink:

If it will be a new song, then indeed i think it will be a remix too. Not a whole new song for one year. Okay, they did it for the Carnival season, but i think they will save a new parade song for another parade.

babybert

have just spoken to my friend in disney and i can confirm that on the 9th april the parade is changing to Wonderful World  :D

Anthony

...and apparently the only changes will be the introduction of the Mulan parade float plus a parade stop with music for each float.  The floats will use existing music from the original WWODP soundtrack, with the Mulan float getting new music as none is currently available.

Dancin' (A Catchy Rhythm) will also get a new mix so that it is 7mins long instead of around 4mins.

None of this has been confirmed yet, but it seems quite a reasonable rumour (for once!).

Kinou

Quote...and apparently the online changes will be the introduction of the Mulan parade float plus a parade stop with music for each float. The floats will use existing music from the original WWODP soundtrack, with the Mulan float getting new music as none is currently available

Well i wouldn't bet anything on stops if i were you! WHy would they create a new stop music for MULAN if the stops stopped :D tis summer and hot days before like past years? We'll see saturday ...
Hug it out bitch !

Patrick

Well yet again my trusty source of Raptor emailed me from the magic, and said that there is no parade stops, no longer dancin' sountrack and NO Mulan float added, so back to our old cut back WWODP version before the princess parade came :( .

Poppy The Monkey

Shame  :(

Did Raptor mention if Snow White was still in the parade?

Patrick

Sadly he didn't he just mentioned those changes I hope its still in the parade though, cos without one float it will look almost incomplete not like it doesn't now.