The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfold12

Thanks for the warning, but more over thanks for the pics!!! Looks just like the US version. Wow, we have a themed E ticket in the studios!

disneymadchris

I love this picture from Disneytheque:

http://www.disneytheque.com/phototheque ... 28/002.jpg

:lol:

EDDY

here http://www.dlrpmagic.de there is a complete video from that stuff ...
WOW you can see all details and how they test the elevators...  :D
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "EDDY"here http://www.dlrpmagic.de there is a complete video from that stuff ...

Wicked!! i didn't understand a word that was said but meh :P

It seems most people who i have seen be interviewed (for ToT RnRC etc) all seems to speak english and have british accents
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

-breeno-

WOW :shock: brillant video!

I didn't have my sound on because i couldn't be bothered taking the earphones from my ipod out of my ear :lol:  but the music from my ipod seemed to go prefectly with the video :lol:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

RnRCj

That video is brilliant :shock: It was really cool when they took one of the elvators out of the box :lol:

Also, that night shot that disneymadchris posted is superb!

Flounder

Quote from: "EDDY"here http://www.dlrpmagic.de there is a complete video from that stuff ...

I can't open the vid here in the office - but it sounds as if this is the "Disney Filmparade" they showed yesterday on german television. Could someone please confirm this? Otherwise I just have to wait until tonite to check it out by myself ;)

Cheers,
Flounder

Soap

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

CafeFantasia

Is the Tower of Terror likely to open BEFORE the 22nd of December 2007? Any chance of soft-openings in November?

mehdi5

Quote from: "Alan"Is the Tower of Terror likely to open BEFORE the 22nd of December 2007? Any chance of soft-openings in November?
The grand opening will take place in January and the previews and soft opening are in December :wink:

Owain

Quote from: "mehdi5"
Quote from: "Alan"Is the Tower of Terror likely to open BEFORE the 22nd of December 2007? Any chance of soft-openings in November?
The grand opening will take place in January and the previews and soft opening are in December :wink:

I though grand openings were march !  :shock:

Anthony

I don't think anything has been confirmed, but since 22nd December is the start of the incredibly busy Christmas high-season, I can see them wanting to open it at least a few days earlier. There were rumours of 8th December onwards, which would make sense.

Filmparade is just INCREDIBLE!! WHY don't other countries get this programme? It'd sure bring some interest to the schedules of DIsney Channel France and UK... Amazing to see the corridor scene with effects turned off, and those details like the newspapers and shoes outside the rooms.

I know we've been following construction for 50+ pages, but it's amazing to realise now that all this is waiting just behind those fences... :shock: The interior looks the same as DCA (aside from the props on the bookshelves, for example), and pure quality from floor to ceiling. Infact, I heard the ceilings in the lobby area would be more authentic than DCA, better materials, even if we can't spot it... Their version was very quick and cheap.

The amount of work gone into this one, single attraction is incredible. Without doubt the best investment since Space Mountain or - dare I say - since 1992. When you consider the effect Space had, and then compare its paltry themeing to THIS... I really hope the Tower is huge for DLRP.

Is the Tower illuminated properly every night now? Blue lights on its upper section, yellow on the lower and flickering HTH neons?

SkySurfer

I just was told today - that soft opening for Annual Passholders and Shareholders could be already on 8th of December. They are still planning - but its not confirmed yet

The Butlin Boy

The back of the towers is illuminated as well now:

Source: Disneytheque

Link

RnRCj

It's looks so great now that it's all lit up with coloured lights. I can't believe it's less than 2 months until it opens :shock: